How to minimize bad player experience?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How to minimize bad player experience?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:52 pm

Add a new rule to shard, saying that areas around britain and despise are protected and no PvP can occur within
4%
Add a new type of rogue guard that stays hidden and doesn't attack npcs, only players that attacked other players within a 5-10 minute period
4%
Only allow PvP in Guild/Religion scenario
19%
Make newbie character untargeteable and unable to attack other players until they get to X stats or Y gameplay time (although, we'll create a way to allow sparing)
32%
Do not make any change
40%

Total votes: 47

Simmo

Re: How to minimize bad player experience?

Post by Simmo »

Oh geez, you got douche-robbed 5 years ago. :< Lets blame current shard about it.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Simmo wrote:Oh geez, you got douche-robbed 5 years ago. :< Lets blame current shard about it.
Yeah. The douche-robbers left a long time ago, totally. Come on back Mota. We promise not to hurt your feelings this time.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

then ivan youre wrong again time and time again. ive hard it where ive run around and been looted of my iron armor and everything on me. then to find it in the trash? at one point admin had to make a rule that said dont loot it if you dont plan to keep it. then you sit and act like there isnt a problem. LOL wrong wrong wrong. funny how so many other people can spot the problem but youre totally oblivious to it.
Perhaps the problem ain't the shard, but it is in your end of handling this matter and communicating with others. Robbers do RP and if you piss 'em off they will rob you even if you don't carry anything worthwhile. So back to my previous point about learning to play on pang and knowing your shit.

PS: Robbers are not allowed to rob in despise, have fun hunting there with your iron armors.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Richard Mota wrote: if you done left you comment and thoughts here move along and stop trying to flame someone. everyone should have the opportunity to play here despite what other players think. who are you to tell me that im not welcome here and that i should leave my heightened chars to go play somewhere else? see this childish mentality of supporting player related abuse is whats hampered this shard time and time again to where people dont login until there is a new admin. i personally think that should you wish to login and abuse players you do it somewhere else and quit ruining pang.
I did not flame you, I assume that is what you meant by "stop trying to flame someone". I simply pointed out my views on item insurance and how it is antithetical to what Pangaea is. As for moving on without leaving a comment, it seems to me this thread was pushed up to the forefront with a comment by you that I had thoughts on, thus I left a comment, it is not my fault you feel insecure and view my comments as personal attacks and flaming on you. I imagine you are not an native English speaker because my comment of "if that is something you want..." it was meant as the bigger you, as in not directed exactly at you or anyone specific, I will try to be more clear, though it is interesting I have used similar ways of pointing things out to other people and yet, and yet...You take it as a personal attack, interesting.

Now, if you are interested in, you know discussing things in a civilized manner, I am fairly civilized despite being part of the great unwashed and unlearned and would be more than happy to openly discuss things if you could openly take criticisms and different points of views as just that and not open attacks on I guess what you perceive as your honor. I am quite literally flabbergasted at your responses to many of my posts as open hostile attacks when they were never intended as such and leads me to believe, putting my lay psychologist hat on, that you're a bit insecure in your ideas, which is fine, it takes a lot to be able to build up the courage to post on the forums when there are so many people who are active and have been more involved in recent times compared to others and might just feel they have a bigger idea of what is going on, they may be wrong or they may be right, who is to know. Considering you were kind enough to point out my post count in another thread you attacked me in, you'll notice I'm fairly active and as such post many things so ill close out my post with this:

If you tone it down a little and not take things so personally, you'll have a better experience and so would the rest of us, from what I've seen no one has opposed your ideas with any malice or openly attacked you and as such not sure of why you're replies are so openly hostile and egregious in tone.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Percy wrote:On another note, we've always been fine with robberies/murderers when we had religions and built up guilds etc. It's made some of us rage-quit for a week or so but we've always came back and we've always enjoyed ourselves.

Once we get religions back (or something more comprehensive than a guild), we should work on getting brand new players to the shard, then we should worry about protecting them from reviewing how they act upon such events. What you have to remember is that for the vast majority of us, we're trying to produce new rules and regulations based on our own experiences that happened to us many many years ago, and unfortunately those memories can be distorted over such a long period of time. We have no new or relevant information on what actions to take to protect the new, because there are no new.

Regarding the whole entirety of the subject of minimizing bad player experiences, provide a .report system in-game that sends a message to any available staff (including counselors) where the reporter can provide any information necessary to place a report on said player. Then the report can be taken to the counselors forum and discussions can begin on whether the player should be punished and how they can be punished and wait for approval of a GM/Admin.

I think it's about time counselors had more authority and responsibility than they currently do. We're basically here to help with questions regarding the game and such, and the only questions being asked are on the forums.

I have my own ideas on how to make counselors responsible for more and ideas on how to make that happen but that can be discussed another day.
thats just it. i know people many people that didnt just quit for a week. i myself after being abused on many occasions left the shard for over 2 years. then i know many other people like pavlina that quit indef and have never been heard from again. you guys tend to pose that open loot isnt an issue, but it kills the shard over and over again. then when a wipe occurs some people get in and enjoy their chars for a couple of months until looting and robbing starts and many quit again. i understand many small groups of people dont want that to change and feel they run this shard hampering its user database. however im hoping that one day this is corrected and i can see many old players online again.
Last edited by Richard Mota on Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Ivan wrote:
then ivan youre wrong again time and time again. ive hard it where ive run around and been looted of my iron armor and everything on me. then to find it in the trash? at one point admin had to make a rule that said dont loot it if you dont plan to keep it. then you sit and act like there isnt a problem. LOL wrong wrong wrong. funny how so many other people can spot the problem but youre totally oblivious to it.
Perhaps the problem ain't the shard, but it is in your end of handling this matter and communicating with others. Robbers do RP and if you piss 'em off they will rob you even if you don't carry anything worthwhile. So back to my previous point about learning to play on pang and knowing your shit.

PS: Robbers are not allowed to rob in despise, have fun hunting there with your iron armors.
last i knew it was illegal to hate someone personally and abuse all of their chars in game every chance you get. however i can tell you it happens time and time again and is further reason to back my statement. thanks
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:
Richard Mota wrote: if you done left you comment and thoughts here move along and stop trying to flame someone. everyone should have the opportunity to play here despite what other players think. who are you to tell me that im not welcome here and that i should leave my heightened chars to go play somewhere else? see this childish mentality of supporting player related abuse is whats hampered this shard time and time again to where people dont login until there is a new admin. i personally think that should you wish to login and abuse players you do it somewhere else and quit ruining pang.
I did not flame you, I assume that is what you meant by "stop trying to flame someone". I simply pointed out my views on item insurance and how it is antithetical to what Pangaea is. As for moving on without leaving a comment, it seems to me this thread was pushed up to the forefront with a comment by you that I had thoughts on, thus I left a comment, it is not my fault you feel insecure and view my comments as personal attacks and flaming on you. I imagine you are not an native English speaker because my comment of "if that is something you want..." it was meant as the bigger you, as in not directed exactly at you or anyone specific, I will try to be more clear, though it is interesting I have used similar ways of pointing things out to other people and yet, and yet...You take it as a personal attack, interesting.

Now, if you are interested in, you know discussing things in a civilized manner, I am fairly civilized despite being part of the great unwashed and unlearned and would be more than happy to openly discuss things if you could openly take criticisms and different points of views as just that and not open attacks on I guess what you perceive as your honor. I am quite literally flabbergasted at your responses to many of my posts as open hostile attacks when they were never intended as such and leads me to believe, putting my lay psychologist hat on, that you're a bit insecure in your ideas, which is fine, it takes a lot to be able to build up the courage to post on the forums when there are so many people who are active and have been more involved in recent times compared to others and might just feel they have a bigger idea of what is going on, they may be wrong or they may be right, who is to know. Considering you were kind enough to point out my post count in another thread you attacked me in, you'll notice I'm fairly active and as such post many things so ill close out my post with this:

If you tone it down a little and not take things so personally, you'll have a better experience and so would the rest of us, from what I've seen no one has opposed your ideas with any malice or openly attacked you and as such not sure of why you're replies are so openly hostile and egregious in tone.
lol half my chars are heightened and yet you act like im a noob to the shard? :p then you come up with this ramble trying to upset me and it doesnt work. my statement is very legit and should be heard as i know many good players that will never return to this shard with the abuse a foot. now i know its a standard typical for the children to come and upset someone on a topic they dont like to try and get it closed but its simply not going to happen. nor will i let you discourage me from sharing my opinion because i believe its just as important as yours.
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Simmo wrote:Oh geez, you got douche-robbed 5 years ago. :< Lets blame current shard about it.
well the one that ran me and several others off is currently posting. so i know its just a matter of time again... once an abuser always an abuser.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Richard Mota wrote:
well the one that ran me and several others off is currently posting. so i know its just a matter of time again... once an abuser always an abuser.
If there was an abuse in the situation you should've contacted the staff and talked about it. But if no rules were broken or abused, I do not think there is anything else to this matter, except you yourself blaming others for completely legal in game actions that you cannot stand.

So grow a pair and live with it.
Last edited by Ivan on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Ivan wrote:
Richard Mota wrote:
If there was an abuse in the situation you should've contacted the staff and talked about it. But if no rules were broken or abused, I do not think there is anything else to this matter, except you yourself blaming others for completely legal in game actions that you cannot stand.

So grow a pair and live with it.
a typical mentality of many players here and this is what ends up leading to low player database. imbalanced pvp/abuse. then when someone else opens it and does an item wipe; people return until the looting/abuse begins. its a shame 2 because with the unique custom housing here and scripting this shard couldve been great. edit: well - the lag of course :p