How to minimize bad player experience?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How to minimize bad player experience?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:52 pm

Add a new rule to shard, saying that areas around britain and despise are protected and no PvP can occur within
4%
Add a new type of rogue guard that stays hidden and doesn't attack npcs, only players that attacked other players within a 5-10 minute period
4%
Only allow PvP in Guild/Religion scenario
19%
Make newbie character untargeteable and unable to attack other players until they get to X stats or Y gameplay time (although, we'll create a way to allow sparing)
32%
Do not make any change
40%

Total votes: 47

aldath c'om

Re: How to minimize bad player experience?

Post by aldath c'om »

blckfire wrote:Btw, the current newbie protection system is also a nice idea, but with some added tweaks. We can ensure, for example, that for each class, a player needs to get to a certain number in stats before he can be attacked, this could be done right after he leaves the baseclass or later on.
like osi has this newbie system. basicly its that monsters dont aggro to you unless you attack them and players cant attack you and you them before you reach X skillpoints,X amount of online time or you to remove the status by command. tweak that system so its only that you cant attack players and they cant attack you.
291-697-526
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Added some more options... Remember you can change your vote at any time.

Edit: just noticed that it got a reset. I guess you guys will have to consider all the options again and do a re-vote. :p
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

If you add a newbie protection system make sure they can't wear snooping gloves or steal as this could lead into troubles
I whine, therefore I am
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Talerco Pious wrote:If you add a newbie protection system make sure they can't wear snooping gloves or steal as this could lead into troubles
Another thing is that those "newbie" chars might start to scout dungeons. Had trouble with this before in this shard. Need some lawyers to suit up and write rules. I.e that if you can prove newbie scouts for hunters and rats to robbers -> take SS and robb/kill his ass next time.
Argon
Game Master

Post by Argon »

How would they benefit from being newbie protected?
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Argon wrote:How would they benefit from being newbie protected?
Usually if you figure out the one is a rat you just rape him as long as he understands that it was a bad idea to rat. With newbie protection you can just troll near wars and perhaps track in dungeons for hunters and be safe. If incase 2 "religions/guilds" fight then the newbie goes to another to scout/troll and you cant do nothing. I think a lot of guys can relate about this scouting thing.
Argon
Game Master

Post by Argon »

I see, well in that case if there won't be a scriptable solution we put on rules and mark both the rat and the players abusing from it.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I think it would be possible to set newbie protection with the online time of an account, so if you are below 3 days of total online time you'd be protected from pvp.

This way we'd avoid the troll and scout newbie characters with protection, besides you need the protection only when you are completely new on the shard.

So first 72 hours which you are online on the shard, your characters would be protected from being attacked. This way even if the players quits and returns again to try he'd still have the protection on him etc.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Making Britain a no PvP zone is a bad new player experience.
We all came here for vanilla Pangaea.

If there is someone killing people around Britain it's up to the "good" guys to handle it. There will be enough "good" fellas around that wish to PvP.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Mike

Post by Mike »

Daily reminder that pang is a pvp game.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota