How to minimize bad player experience?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How to minimize bad player experience?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:52 pm

Add a new rule to shard, saying that areas around britain and despise are protected and no PvP can occur within
4%
Add a new type of rogue guard that stays hidden and doesn't attack npcs, only players that attacked other players within a 5-10 minute period
4%
Only allow PvP in Guild/Religion scenario
19%
Make newbie character untargeteable and unable to attack other players until they get to X stats or Y gameplay time (although, we'll create a way to allow sparing)
32%
Do not make any change
40%

Total votes: 47

Chivay

Re: How to minimize bad player experience?

Post by Chivay »

Permadeath for robbers who get caught. It will get rid of newbie robbers, and make robbing exciting for vets. Roleplay the death as a public execution and allow the robber's allies a chance to rescue him.
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Simmo wrote:So noobs cant make quests? Quite wrong approach there.
Not an issue, you can check how far a player is to be heightened and limit the quests he receives. Seriously, you guys think too small :D
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

If it HAS to go this way, limit it for guilds/religions
I whine, therefore I am
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Talerco Pious wrote:If it HAS to go this way, limit it for guilds/religions
Anything you guys want to add? What would you do?

I'd really love to see some more constructive posts on how to address this issue.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

blckfire wrote:
Talerco Pious wrote:If it HAS to go this way, limit it for guilds/religions
Anything you guys want to add? What would you do?

I'd really love to see some more constructive posts on how to address this issue.
Completely banning the pvp will create issues, probably more than fix them. Issues such as "omg I was close enough to Britain but he still killed me" or "Lolol I'm next to brit so u can't touch this". If you're in a guild or religion, you should be strong enough handle yourself.
I whine, therefore I am
Raegen Keenarrow

Post by Raegen Keenarrow »

I've never been a big fan of PvP and even in the old Pang I never had an issue with it. I mean back when Repsak owned the server. I guess there was just too many players that they ever encountered me, or I was just lucky. =P

Thing is though, I love religions. Always loved playing in them and RPing, writing stories and such while growing into UO. However, here on Pang if you're in a religion you are automatically at war with someone else. I would really enjoy having a neutral / PvM religion. As that's where my game play is. I like the PvM and role playing in friendly discussions with other players and not so much focus on the hate and war aspects of the game.

I voted for the 3rd optiion. Although only if it had to come down to it and I would only hope it wouldn't automatically force you into PvP, but grant you the option to get involved or just be a friendly PvM guild playing the game.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I dont think pang at this point will get any "new" players around, everyone who joins this community is most likely already a veteran at ultima itself.

I dont think its necessary to limit "who to rob" etc.

Besides even robbers usualy (atleast when I was robber) cant be seriously arsed to rob 15k vamp bones every noob they find. Its just waste of time.

So if we think this straight, no matter how "evil" the robbers or Telborea may sound (telbo doesnt even rob ppl lol) afterall they only provide slight discomfort. If you seriously cant stand that, perhaps you should find another shard to play anyhow?

I voted for the brit no pvp area in the hopes that every major religion and guild would base themselves in some other city than britain.
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Ivan wrote:I dont think pang at this point will get any "new" players around, everyone who joins this community is most likely already a veteran at ultima itself.

I dont think its necessary to limit "who to rob" etc.

Besides even robbers usualy (atleast when I was robber) cant be seriously arsed to rob 15k vamp bones every noob they find. Its just waste of time.

So if we think this straight, no matter how "evil" the robbers or Telborea may sound (telbo doesnt even rob ppl lol) afterall they only provide slight discomfort. If you seriously cant stand that, perhaps you should find another shard to play anyhow?

I voted for the brit no pvp area in the hopes that every major religion and guild would base themselves in some other city than britain.
I share some part of your opinion but I think Pangaea still has the potential, as a game, to attract new players. Even if you come from some other shard, you will quit or love Pangaea within the first few days of gameplay and this is what we want to focus on.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Can we summon Boris to stop this madness, this is just fucking depressing to read.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Argon
Game Master

Post by Argon »

Quintoz wrote:Can we summon Boris to stop this madness, this is just fucking depressing to read.
If you find him let us know ;)

Argon