Should hunger system get a relook?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Change hunger system?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 42

Dillon

Re: Should hunger system get a relook?

Post by Dillon »

yes, It is annoying, makes ss training almost impossible, worst idea ever!
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Dillon wrote:yes, It is annoying, makes ss training almost impossible, worst idea ever!
Troll or did you not read previous posts at all?
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Mulva wrote:
Shalinn wrote:I like the current one, it keeps cooks busy somewhat.
It's not worth hassling the whole playerbase, just to satisfy one class. Besides, cooks are an RP class. Who makes a cook expecting to turn a profit?
i did.

cooks used to be able to profit from a certain amount of reoccurring death they would face on the boat and much wasted time waiting for elements to leave. i wish they wouldnt have nerfed the amount that rare fish sold for because now its not even worth it to sail out. i voted yes it needs to be looked at because one shouldnt be starving after death when he stays full. you end up carrying around quite a bit of fish that end up loading you down. i wish the gms would look into the starving thing and possibly make a cook be able to profit again.
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Zaradon wrote:
aldath c'om wrote:
Zaradon wrote: What comes to Cook themself, i've always wondered why would they need 85 tailoring.
I'd go for 85 carpentry more than Tailoring since carpentry has a bigger market than Tailoring ever will when we talk of a 85 skill.
if u didnt know, thats for making own nets.
Right, thanks for the headups, but i do think it will also cut the market for Tailors.
this isnt the place for this conversation but as a carp i must say that nobody should be allowed 85 carpentry. its not like blacksmithy or tailoring to where success rate is also based on a secondary skill. with 85 carpentry one can make anything the carp can with enough tries and there is barely a market for the carp. your furniture doesnt take damage when you get hit, nor do you have a chance to loose it like hunting with armor.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Wow we've got forum necromancer here! Someone call the church.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I agree with you, no one should get at secondary a crafting skill another class gets at primary.

That being said the cook is as I stated previously the red headed step child who seemed to have been slapped together as an after thought and instead of doing right by the class and giving them stuff worth while they were deemed nothing more than an RP class and given scraps that make little sense. I know many out there who have cooks seem to see nothing wrong with them I believe that's due to a lack of imagination as to what could and should be done to improve the class, this would require skill rejiggering but the class could be made to be beneficial and at the same time not so reliant on the hinge system being so annoying.

Id like to see rp items given to cooks but also give the class a depth that makes them unique and more fun to play and not just from an RP standpoint. I have ideas for this but I won't bog down this thread with them as they're pretty in depth.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman