Should hunger system get a relook?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Change hunger system?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 42

Zaradon

Should hunger system get a relook?

Post by Zaradon »

Since it doesn't really make sense to be starving each time you die.
Plus, if you're hungry/logged in you'll just die.

Nobody wants that, so should we have a vote before throwing stupid ideas, ey?
Shalinn

Re: Should hunger system get a relook?

Post by Shalinn »

I like the current one, it keeps cooks busy somewhat.
But would be nice to change cookmade foods a bit. Most of them doesent stack, as example cakes
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Its ok imo. only difference that could be made is with stamina and hunger. But otherwise its all ok.
Thoran

Post by Thoran »

Yes, but only because I'd change it so that it would take longer before you die or at least so that you don't die straight away when you log in.
Mulva

Post by Mulva »

Shalinn wrote:I like the current one, it keeps cooks busy somewhat.
It's not worth hassling the whole playerbase, just to satisfy one class. Besides, cooks are an RP class. Who makes a cook expecting to turn a profit?
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Mulva wrote:
Shalinn wrote:I like the current one, it keeps cooks busy somewhat.
It's not worth hassling the whole playerbase, just to satisfy one class. Besides, cooks are an RP class. Who makes a cook expecting to turn a profit?
I have to second that.

We could have something really annoying instead of the death, for example;
Being too weak to mount > if starving, you won't be able to use steeds
Being too clumsy > if starving, you won't be able to run, just walk?
Being too weak to do anything > if starving, you won't be able to move from your spot, you'd also get knocked off your mount.
Or just combine them all?

The dying part does make sense, however - let's come back to the aspect of a game (which is having fun overall) and that little part doesn't fit in the fun aspect.
Mulva

Post by Mulva »

Zaradon wrote:The dying part does make sense, however - let's come back to the aspect of a game (which is having fun overall) and that little part doesn't fit in the fun aspect.
Yeas, nothing fun about having to mule keys after logging in your locked house and quickly dying. Which is the only situation where I die of starvation.
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Mulva wrote:
Zaradon wrote:The dying part does make sense, however - let's come back to the aspect of a game (which is having fun overall) and that little part doesn't fit in the fun aspect.
Yeas, nothing fun about having to mule keys after logging in your locked house and quickly dying. Which is the only situation where I die of starvation.
This so hard. Logging in to check something real quick turns into a 5 minute muling rally
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

The hunger system ought to get a reworking but only in the event cooks are changed.

The only reason the hunger system was changed to be so annoying in the first place is because it was the easy road for giving cooks something to do. Now if you know anything about my stance on merchants you ought to know I do not like the "bandaid" repairs on some of the merchant classes, the cook included. The cook has always been like the red headed step child of the merchant classes, no one at staff level has truly ever considered fixing them so that they are a solid merchant class instead they were given mining at 100 for some reason and Lumberjacking at 100 which is slightly more understandable but you get my point.

You can not talk about changing the hunger system in its current state without discussing how to fix cooks, they go hand in hand.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

seriously, who dies of starvating due to logging in?if you do, then you deserve to die lol..

the only way i can think of things like this is if you're dying in hunts and no one has any food and you'll eventually die. but still...

i think it's ok the way it is, because this keeps ppl needing food. in fact, if we wanna make sure ppl buy better foods from cook, we need to add a delay to consuming food. like this, ppl can't just eat 20 fishsteaks unless they wanna wait some minutes before they're stuffed. add a 20s delay on food consumption and cooks will have better market for better foods