Should hunger system get a relook?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Change hunger system?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 42

Shalinn

Re: Should hunger system get a relook?

Post by Shalinn »

Having cooldown on food sounds ridiculous

How about making most cook foods stackable instead, Would help a lot so they dont fill up your bags and raise weight limit to sky
And imo all statboost potions should be removed from alchemists and then be added to cooks foods and make those equal to the potions were on alchies. (Alchies already got constant market demand on heals, poisons and statdrop items plus other random potions.)
Think that should do the trick for cooks.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Well lest we forget logging out and back in drops your hunger level by some amount I've died from logging in and don't necessarily think I deserved it.

The hunger system is not fine but it was the band aid fix to somehow make cooks better.

A delay on eating food is not needed either. That's like saying a longer delay is needed on gheal potions cause alchemists do not sell enough lesser or normal heals. What's needed is a complete overhaul on the cooking class so that the hunger system can be reverted back to what it was and giving food to cooks that actually make a difference.

Before someone steps in and says something, the cook class review does not need to come now but it should be put on a list nearish the top considering whether players like it or not most every other merchant class has had a review and changes in recent history.

I still advocate for a cook class review before the hunger system is changed or not.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

Mulva wrote:
Shalinn wrote:I like the current one, it keeps cooks busy somewhat.
It's not worth hassling the whole playerbase, just to satisfy one class. Besides, cooks are an RP class. Who makes a cook expecting to turn a profit?
Actually, the cook is one of the most profitable classes in the shard.
Maeros Gouranga

Post by Maeros Gouranga »

Vulcan wrote:
Mulva wrote:
Shalinn wrote:I like the current one, it keeps cooks busy somewhat.
It's not worth hassling the whole playerbase, just to satisfy one class. Besides, cooks are an RP class. Who makes a cook expecting to turn a profit?
Actually, the cook is one of the most profitable classes in the shard.
Lets fix that.
-everyone is a subsidiary corporation to someone.
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

Maeros Gouranga wrote:
Vulcan wrote:Actually, the cook is one of the most profitable classes in the shard.
Lets fix that.

I was at a toy store earlier today shopping for Christmas when I found the perfect gift for Pangaea players:

But it says 8+. :cry:
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

To be perfectly honest i dont see how this helps cook class in any way. We should get rid of the shitty hunger system in it's entirety. I cant remember the last time i bought fishsteaks or any food from a cook. Usually i run to the farm for 5-10 minutes and have food for a week or two
Bloodtouch

Post by Bloodtouch »

Perhaps food made from cooks could have something linked to HP or stamina or something like in most RPGs etc, so it would restore a bit of HP when you ate a loaf of bread, or sushi or whatever.
645-915-327
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

If you open up a dictionary and find the word "tedious", you'll a find a picture of Pangaea ;>>>
Last edited by Gorath Blackmind on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

I'd also suggest boosting cooked food to have better effect;
Merchant success rates
Fighter's hitrate abilities
Magicuser casting abilities.

A temporary "all elemental protection" buff.
There could be more effects added into the play, like HP regen/tick (something to warriors/mages ticks) to make the food's worthwhile selling for players.

Another change would be increasing the need for food by doing actions/moving around.
For example, macroing different lores/crafting/healing/casting would make you hungry twice as fast.
But in order for that to go trough, we'd need to drop the weight from food since it'd be demanded in masses.

What comes to Cook themself, i've always wondered why would they need 85 tailoring.
I'd go for 85 carpentry more than Tailoring since carpentry has a bigger market than Tailoring ever will when we talk of a 85 skill.
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

Thoran wrote:Yes, but only because I'd change it so that it would take longer before you die or at least so that you don't die straight away when you log in.
This is how I feel too.