Allow 100% guides?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Allow 100% guides?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:23 am

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 53

Argon
Game Master

Allow 100% guides?

Post by Argon »

Should we allow 100% instead of only 65%?
Demian

Re: Allow 100% guides?

Post by Demian »

If this means player-made 100% guides then that's a yes from me. I think they should be left for the players to figure out and share amongst eachother themselves.
Argon
Game Master

Post by Argon »

Yes, player-made guides.
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

I don't see why not, i mean , it is not like we're giving out locations of ores and such as well.

100% playerguides have been floating around for ages, so i don't see why not.
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
Bipina Huntley

Post by Bipina Huntley »

yes
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

yes, at this stage the vets know who to talk to for such guides anyway, only people suffering are any new players trying to join
Dista

Post by Dista »

On board with this idea. I think it's information that could really help and encourage newer users.
"Come forth into the light of things,
Let Nature be your teacher."

- William Wordsworth
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

I don't like 100% guides for a reason: Players tend to try the lazy way instead of trying to find the best way themselves. And quite a few of the 100% guides already existing are wrong, outdated and will end up causing more prejudice to players using them.
Thoran

Post by Thoran »

Vulcan wrote:I don't like 100% guides for a reason: Players tend to try the lazy way instead of trying to find the best way themselves. And quite a few of the 100% guides already existing are wrong, outdated and will end up causing more prejudice to players using them.
Well the "lazy way" exists already and I'm sure that most players know someone whom they can ask for a somewhat working guide. This however might not be the situation for new players, if and when we get them. The current situation is that old guides are in circulation and at times they might be partially updated. If however posting 100% guides would be allowed, the discussion of those said guides would also be allowed and soon the players would most likely be able to get more updated and accurate guides which can be used by new and old players alike.

I don't want to nitpick but there are sort of 100% guides in the forums and the website already. You don't need to be a genius to figure out what the guides for weapon skills are if you just look at the skill requirements of the weapons. Also there are some macros that contain either a guide or even train some skill to 100% so these sort of borderline cases already exist.

I consider this a change that should have been done ages ago.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Is this an all or nothing discussion? For instance, will guides for lock picking, remove traps, poisoning, magic resistance, taming, etc. be shared?