More ore veins?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

More mining ore veins?

Yes
38%
No
63%

Total votes: 16

Richard Mota

More ore veins?

Post by Richard Mota »

Ive not hit every rock on the shard or cave with an essay kit. however i can announce that weve located a couple of ore spawns few and far between. there is usually only like 2 maybe 3 very small veins and makes it hard to train or get good usable or to craft with. Im thinking we should try to add more veins so we dont have a repeat on the player imbalance of those that have armor and those who dont.
Ivan

Re: More ore veins?

Post by Ivan »

There is plenty stop being lazy and go assay the world.
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Ivan wrote:There is plenty stop being lazy and go assay the world.
i will check more places. ive done whole floor in certain caves and found like 2 spots of an ore in the whole cave. nearly impossible to train a chars mining and think training ore at the minimum should be found all over. can you tell me if there is plenty why there are no reasonable armors/weapons posted to the forum? Sorry but i see the same ole lop sided shortage there always is that keeps the player db low.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Richard Mota wrote:
Ivan wrote:There is plenty stop being lazy and go assay the world.
i will check more places. ive done whole floor in certain caves and found like 2 spots of an ore in the whole cave. nearly impossible to train a chars mining and think training ore at the minimum should be found all over. can you tell me if there is plenty why there are no reasonable armors/weapons posted to the forum? Sorry but i see the same ole lop sided shortage there always is that keeps the player db low.
There are no armors and weapons on forum because people don't buy from smith sales, they just send messages to whomever they've got in their friend list and get their stuff.

Also less time on forum and more in game assaying helps with the vein situation.
Bipina Huntley

Post by Bipina Huntley »

before posts like that you should be sure to assay atleast 75% of possible areas.
There is plenty of places to train your mining, like Ivan said, not just 2 dots here and there.
You just need to go and discover them, not only caves floors.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

While I don't have a smith currently id agree with Bipi and Ivan here and would point out when starting a topic to change something it's not good to start with "I've not explored all of <insert system here> but we should change it..." this is a sure fire way for veterans who did the work to not get them on board with your idea. In terms of materials in general I believe strongly in a reduction of the types we have at current but that is not less spawns but less ore types and hide types and thus for another topic
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:While I don't have a smith currently id agree with Bipi and Ivan here and would point out when starting a topic to change something it's not good to start with "I've not explored all of <insert system here> but we should change it..." this is a sure fire way for veterans who did the work to not get them on board with your idea. In terms of materials in general I believe strongly in a reduction of the types we have at current but that is not less spawns but less ore types and hide types and thus for another topic
its nice you dont have a smith but quick to get on this post with a comment mr 2000 comments. as someone who can mine im telling you that ive checked quite a few areas, and most are few and far between. silver is the one thing ive found a decent amount of veins. next time before youre so quick to jump in with a comment, why dont you try the topic at hand personally. as a vet i understand that this is the main thing to create an imbalance in the player database.

looking over the 6 pages in merchant sales you can see the hardship on weapons and armors being sold clearly also.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Don't be a dick, I don't recall being one to you. I voiced my opinion rather respectfully. I have a tinker and as someone who probably unlike you, has seen the script base of Pangaea and has an earlier copy of pangaea on his computer and even scripted for a time for two shards that used it as their script base I have first hand knowledge of how things work behind the scenes. As for pointing out my post count, I didn't realize I hit 2000, thanks for that but if you care to look I tend to post things of substance. If you wish to continue with this tone I'm game and we can take it to private messages.

Also more than that as someone who also talks with many other people including smiths who have been maxed for quite sometime, I'm telling you no one else seems to have this problem.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

With the amount of players and the market condition at the moment? We have more than enough veins.
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:Don't be a dick, I don't recall being one to you. I voiced my opinion rather respectfully. I have a tinker and as someone who probably unlike you, has seen the script base of Pangaea and has an earlier copy of pangaea on his computer and even scripted for a time for two shards that used it as their script base I have first hand knowledge of how things work behind the scenes. As for pointing out my post count, I didn't realize I hit 2000, thanks for that but if you care to look I tend to post things of substance. If you wish to continue with this tone I'm game and we can take it to private messages.

Also more than that as someone who also talks with many other people including smiths who have been maxed for quite sometime, I'm telling you no one else seems to have this problem.
this post isnt about the fact that ive run some runuo shard and written some csharp scripts. nor is it about me having run avalon for awhile or working some with escripting which is what pol runs on. this post isnt even me trying to be rude with you so long as you arent being that way to me. i just found it funny youre not grandmaster at mining yet knew so much about veins. my cook is adept working towards master and my friends smith is master mining (which has proven impossible to train with the closure of t2a). i find it funny everyone says theres plenty of ore yet everyone is running around in bones and hides. pardon me for being a sceptic but as i said there are 0 active regular smith sales on the forum. then me and my friend both have hit some spots to understand a shortage of ore but i will do more searching soon.
then on a last note someone else said that there was plenty of ore for players that are here yet everyone is underdressed ive seen. not to mention the reintroduction of religion that will boost the player database. then anything new these guys will add can do it as well. i do think with some of the changes im seeing in the shard that we will be seeing some new things soon finally :p would just like to have some weapons and armors for a change. its been a couple of wipes since ive been able to dress like most chars and feel the shortage first hand.