Should we change how druid bag are made?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 23

Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Druid bags was set back in the day to require raw reagents. Many people had fields of reagents back then and would reasonably sell those raw agents to those that need them. Also without the rare agent vendor its very hard to come up with wyrms hearts knowing every alchemist needs them to mix potions. I vote changes should be discussed and possibly made to this setup.
Simmo

Re: Should we change how druid bag are made?

Post by Simmo »

:D:D Damn you definetly can come up with interesting polls. But a no, totally easy to get and you make the bag once.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

After reading about 5 of your polls and without sounding rude, if I were you I'd put some thought into some solid ideas that fix major issues with the shard, there are several.

I agree with Simmo here, bags are noobied so they only have to be made once and they're not that difficult to make. Druids in my opinion have it fairly easy compared to necromancers where a necro has to find a codex than find all 16 scrolls a Druid just has to slap a bunch of reagents together to craft their bag and runes and might I add not even have to rely on a skilled scribe to make or add these runes to the bag.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Simmo wrote::D:D Damn you definetly can come up with interesting polls. But a no, totally easy to get and you make the bag once.
make a bag once? well then shard changes and you have to make it again. then there are no seeds and you have to make it again. then you have to make it again. then you have to make it again. one would think you would make it once but at pangs wipe rate that is far from untrue. as i said when it was setup there were reagent seeds and agents in fields which these agents come from. it wasnt meant to detour people from choosing the class because of the complication getting them. once again im not a druid but understand the class with the history of the shard and wish to make pang great once again.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I've helped a couple druids make their runes and bags by supplying materials since the relaunch. In terms of item wipes it's not as rampant as you make it sound and more than that everyone is affected. Clearly they're fairly easy to make still as you're the first to raise this spectre in the length of time I've been playing Pangaea.

A disclaimer though I don't have a druid but have as previously stated helped druids past and present acquire their bag and runes, its not impossible nor remotely extremely difficult to acquire these.

Now if we wanted to change it to make it easy id love to suggest requiring scribes to place runes in them at that point.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

From the beginning of the world there was no plant-able reagents?

Then they were allowed for a very tiny brief period in the LONG Pangaea history, and NOT because it was hard for druids to get their runes.

Then they disappeared because it did more damage to the shard than good.

I got my druid bag, and I dont even hunt much.

We all lose something at itemwipes. Take my setS of indy taming clothing, which I have to collect and match over and over again. Oh right, and my 20.5 million palace, but hey I am just glad with what I get to keep.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Richard Mota wrote:
Simmo wrote::D:D Damn you definetly can come up with interesting polls. But a no, totally easy to get and you make the bag once.
make a bag once? well then shard changes and you have to make it again. then there are no seeds and you have to make it again. then you have to make it again. then you have to make it again. one would think you would make it once but at pangs wipe rate that is far from untrue. as i said when it was setup there were reagent seeds and agents in fields which these agents come from. it wasnt meant to detour people from choosing the class because of the complication getting them. once again im not a druid but understand the class with the history of the shard and wish to make pang great once again.
Itemwipe happens and you cry about druid bags, get real.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

Making a complete druid bag takes a lot of time, but to get some of the essential/important few it's not that difficult... Some of the items used to create the runes can only be obtained from adventurer guild tickets and you needn't hunt hard dungeons for those either.