Bring Back Reagent Seeds?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Bring Back Reagent Seeds?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 31

Vulcan
Game Master

Re: Bring Back Reagent Seeds?

Post by Vulcan »

Richard Mota wrote:yes they was a part of this shard in the past and im knowing this. im not wrong and have had them a couple times in fields in the past. they were so common that they can be found in a public field in deluca in t2a map also. to take these away are like taking cotton, flax, and more out of the game and putting it on vendors. starting to sound like a runuo shard at that point :/
Thanks for reminding me of that.
I had to go to my screenshot's folder, but here are a few dates:

January 2006: Seraph deeded those Delucia fields at my request. The smaller 2 were bought imediately and the eastern one couldn't be deeded due to Z issues and remained public. They were mine until the wipe and subsequent disappearance of LL and appearance of Malas. They were initially planted with flax, and then changed to reagents when they became available, sometime in 2006.

Spring 2008: Itemwipe. Change of admins. Alteran took charge of the shard and seeds were removed. That plant you're talking about in Britain field was there in December 2008. I took a bite of it too and reported it to Alona, who then proceeded to remove my seed and the plant all together. If we can get Irming to this topic, he'll be able to tell you who planted it by mistake ;)

Raw reagents have always been a part of the shard through the adv. guild, and that's what druids use. Seeds were only available for ~2 years.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Vulcan wrote:That plant you're talking about in Britain field was there in December 2008. I took a bite of it too and reported it to Alona, who then proceeded to remove my seed and the plant all together.
Then we have this guy. July 2009. Alfred still had his seeds. Damn Alfred. Heard they existed in the underworld for quite some time.

Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

Lol i think I kept my mandrake root seeds until 2013 coz according to my diary thats when I moved to Nujelm. But never once used. Until Boris' rein and he deleted them.
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Vulcan wrote:
Richard Mota wrote:yes they was a part of this shard in the past and im knowing this. im not wrong and have had them a couple times in fields in the past. they were so common that they can be found in a public field in deluca in t2a map also. to take these away are like taking cotton, flax, and more out of the game and putting it on vendors. starting to sound like a runuo shard at that point :/
Thanks for reminding me of that.
I had to go to my screenshot's folder, but here are a few dates:

January 2006: Seraph deeded those Delucia fields at my request. The smaller 2 were bought imediately and the eastern one couldn't be deeded due to Z issues and remained public. They were mine until the wipe and subsequent disappearance of LL and appearance of Malas. They were initially planted with flax, and then changed to reagents when they became available, sometime in 2006.

Spring 2008: Itemwipe. Change of admins. Alteran took charge of the shard and seeds were removed. That plant you're talking about in Britain field was there in December 2008. I took a bite of it too and reported it to Alona, who then proceeded to remove my seed and the plant all together. If we can get Irming to this topic, he'll be able to tell you who planted it by mistake ;)

Raw reagents have always been a part of the shard through the adv. guild, and that's what druids use. Seeds were only available for ~2 years.
i know i had them in a couple occasions, but my first was a green field in moonglow i had to furrow. i would love to see them return :) this is what the cook was meant for since the price of fish had been severely nerfed in the ashley clark era :(
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Richard Mota wrote:i know i had them in a couple occasions, but my first was a green field in moonglow i had to furrow. i would love to see them return this is what the cook was meant for since the price of fish had been severely nerfed in the ashley clark era
That is because staff in the past have never seriously thought about fixing the Cook. Instead of actually making them a proper viable class, the staff has in usual Pangaean tradition tried to cover its shortcomings by giving them things that make little sense instead of thinking outside the box. Before I get the usual bull shit response about them being an RP Class, we play on an RP enforced shard so every class is an RP class.

Just some thoughts on the cook class to improve them:
- Fishing "ecosystems" where certain fish can be caught in fresh water or salt water as well as fish being found at certain "depths"
- Fishing quests with one off rewards for catching rare fish.
- food that buffs similar to that found on Vallhala Lost shard which uses the same script set Pangaea was based off. (Ya Repsak did not script most of what we have.)

Back to the topic however:

Planted reagents could be brought back in limited fashion using a modified version of the Official Planting System.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

I like the idea of a game that has more "freedom" and options as opposed to something becoming more restrictive over time i.e. deleting seeds because some players were more efficient than others. If players are increasing inflation of crop, you could always introduce a disease (without going overboard) and introduce something that either the cook or alchemist (or a collaboration of both) could fix for you.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Edward Sinclair wrote:I like the idea of a game that has more "freedom" and options as opposed to something becoming more restrictive over time i.e. deleting seeds because some players were more efficient than others. If players are increasing inflation of crop, you could always introduce a disease (without going overboard) and introduce something that either the cook or alchemist (or a collaboration of both) could fix for you.
I understand that is why I would not mind seeing the planting system brought to Pangaea, it would open the door to new deco and give us the ability to plant reagents in a more controlled environment where there are things such as diseases, there is proper upkeep to planting and what is more, anyone can do it.

I would not base this off a skill or give it to a single class, anyone in real life can garden, it just takes patience and hard work and while others may be better at it than others, it is hardly a specialized field unless we get into the wonkery of cross pollination which would be cool but even there I would not necessarily base it off a skill or class mainly because I know what class would get it, cooking and it would be a lame excuse to not fix that class' real shortcomings.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman