Bring Back Reagent Seeds?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 31

Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

It has been so long since these puppies existed that people have forgotten what the cook was all about. everyone knows that special fish was nerfed; making the cook virtually useless. the death that one has to face on the boat and misery of fishing should be well paid and its not anymore. some people tend to think people make a cook if you want to rp which is absurd. as an older cook i remember they were useful at picking agents and culling them to sell. i personally would like to have my cook serve a purpose again and think bringing them back is a great idea. what do you guys think?
Ivan

Re: Bring Back Reagent Seeds?

Post by Ivan »

Can you please stop making these horrible, idiotic and stupid suggestions over and over again with your mindless comments and arguments, would appreciate it a lot. THANK YOU!

P.S: Every pang player knows seeds ain't coming back even if you cry for 'em.
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

Richard Mota wrote:It has been so long since these puppies existed
Wrong. They existed for a very short while and failed completely at it.

Richard Mota wrote:that people have forgotten what the cook was all about.
The cook existed long before reagent seeds, has ever been more than harvesters and continue to be one of the gold making machines in the shard.

Richard Mota wrote:everyone knows that special fish was nerfed
Special fish was boosted, not nerfed.

Richard Mota wrote: making the cook virtually useless.
The dreaded class that masters fishing, cooking, lumberjacking, mining and pretty much self sufficient in every task.

Richard Mota wrote:the death that one has to face on the boat and misery of fishing should be well paid and its not anymore.
Which was boosted. Twice, with the appearance of special/odd fish, then with the increase of their drop amounts. Such a misery, dying with 0 risk of losing a thing, with a resser on boat and a ROI of 20k per hour just selling those to vendor, plus every other thousand fish that has yet be cooked.

Richard Mota wrote:some people tend to think people make a cook if you want to rp which is absurd
:|

Richard Mota wrote:as an older cook i remember they were useful at picking agents and culling them to sell. i personally would like to have my cook serve a purpose again and think bringing them back is a great idea. what do you guys think?
I think you need to start playing more and stop trying to change every little thing that has always been, is, or will ever be in Pangaea. The shard you "know" isn't the shard the rest of the players (and GM's) are aware of.
Bipina Huntley

Post by Bipina Huntley »

Vulcan wrote: I think you need to start playing more and stop trying to change every little thing that has always been, is, or will ever be in Pangaea. The shard you "know" isn't the shard the rest of the players (and GM's) are aware of.

Amen
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Vulcan wrote:
Richard Mota wrote:It has been so long since these puppies existed
Wrong. They existed for a very short while and failed completely at it.

the existed for a long time when reppy had the shard. guessing the last time they existed was here within a year or 2? why would you say they failed? they are a scripted part of the shard and the cook is the main person to benefit from them.
was saying that because they existed for years while reppy had the shard and was a huge success.

Richard Mota wrote:that people have forgotten what the cook was all about.
The cook existed long before reagent seeds, has ever been more than harvesters and continue to be one of the gold making machines in the shard.

he doesnt have anything he can do with the resources so isnt turning much profit off of them.
Richard Mota wrote:everyone knows that special fish was nerfed
Special fish was boosted, not nerfed.

uh yes the price the npc payed for them was nerfed heavily by seraph right as he took over the shard or right before reppy retired.
around the same time the idle kick script was introduced.

Richard Mota wrote: making the cook virtually useless.
The dreaded class that masters fishing, cooking, lumberjacking, mining and pretty much self sufficient in every task.

Richard Mota wrote:the death that one has to face on the boat and misery of fishing should be well paid and its not anymore.
Which was boosted. Twice, with the appearance of special/odd fish, then with the increase of their drop amounts. Such a misery, dying with 0 risk of losing a thing, with a resser on boat and a ROI of 20k per hour just selling those to vendor, plus every other thousand fish that has yet be cooked.

the res on the boat and not loosing anything im afraid youre almost mistaken about. i remember a time when me, rob and ray was on the boat. i was fishing while they were trying to beat the elementals off of me. since it was taking near corpse decaying amount of time before they left the boat sometimes. they died so many times we had corpses all over the deck that it lagged the shard. well because of seraphs showing up because of lag and moving the corpses all over. we got back about 1/2 our things that were left. meanwhile seraph was telling everyone in notice that he wouldnt mention exactly what happened. however said "that involved 3 men and a boat" for those that might remember.
might i suggest you look at the tailor which can sell deeds for huge profits for 0 risk of death or anything? not to mention has 100% of a crafting skill and can make things to sell unlike the cook? most people when it comes down right to it pick veggies instead of fish or cooked as well.

Richard Mota wrote:some people tend to think people make a cook if you want to rp which is absurd
:|

:(
Richard Mota wrote:as an older cook i remember they were useful at picking agents and culling them to sell. i personally would like to have my cook serve a purpose again and think bringing them back is a great idea. what do you guys think?
I think you need to start playing more and stop trying to change every little thing that has always been, is, or will ever be in Pangaea. The shard you "know" isn't the shard the rest of the players (and GM's) are aware of.
Last edited by Richard Mota on Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Ivan wrote:Can you please stop making these horrible, idiotic and stupid suggestions over and over again with your mindless comments and arguments, would appreciate it a lot. THANK YOU!

P.S: Every pang player knows seeds ain't coming back even if you cry for 'em.
id appreciate it that if you didnt have anything nice to say that you didnt say anything like most other respectful players do. i know theres some of you that have a hard time controlling yourself but that really needs to be addressed as youre getting very rude and carried away with it. im sorry you dislike me following the gms asking me to make poll posts and would like it if you didnt even take time to read them. THANK YOU!
Toby Frost

Post by Toby Frost »

The reg seeds were an epic failure for the pang market even with a large playerbase.. Also, when they were around there was a bandage shortage..
So I voted no.

Hasn't cook been boosted by the new hunger system and changes to the food to make you hungry less and eat less of with specific foods etc etc?
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

Richard Mota wrote:the existed for a long time when reppy had the shard. guessing the last time they existed was here within a year or 2? why would you say they failed? they are a scripted part of the shard and the cook is the main person to benefit from them.
was saying that because they existed for years while reppy had the shard and was a huge success.
The reagent seeds lasted less than 2 years. I should know, I had fields full of them.
It was removed, at most, in 2010.

Richard Mota wrote:the res on the boat and not loosing anything im afraid youre almost mistaken about. i remember a time when me, rob and ray was on the boat. i was fishing while they were trying to beat the elementals off of me. since it was taking near corpse decaying amount of time before they left the boat sometimes.
I'm sure every cook in the shard, not to say every player, knows how to remove mobs from the boat, once you're dead. You're talking about an isolated incident, not the rule.

Richard Mota wrote:might i suggest you look at the tailor which can sell deeds for huge profits for 0 risk of death or anything? not to mention has 100% of a crafting skill and can make things to sell unlike the cook? most people when it comes down right to it pick veggies instead of fish or cooked as well.
This is manipulation.
We can place 50 cooks in the sea and there'll never be a lack of materials. 5 active tailors in the shard and there won't be enough fields to meet the demand.
Plus, cook isn't restricted to the sea. You can work your way around the fields, picking veggies, flour, chasing pigs/cows and so on and you'll have half of your cookbook done without a single risk. Tailors, on the other hand, are completely dependent on hunters to do their primary task. Plus, while harvesting, cooks have it 2.2x times faster than tailors, as well as carpenters and bowyers. Even smiths and tinkers are faster harvesters than tailors. When looking at the classes and the overall world, you have to take into consideration the bigger picture, not focus on positive aspects of one class vs negative aspects of another class to make a point.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Vulcan, dont encourage him. He will find a flaw from everything, though its fun to read.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

If you're not happy about your cook then turn it into a tailor if you think they make that much money
I whine, therefore I am