Bring Back Reagent Seeds?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Bring Back Reagent Seeds?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 31

Richard Mota

Re: Bring Back Reagent Seeds?

Post by Richard Mota »

[quote="Toby Frost"]The reg seeds were an epic failure for the pang market even with a large playerbase.. Also, when they were around there was a bandage shortage..
So I voted no.

well when you have people selling potions at 1/2 price what they should be a seed would be pretty nice. i dont see how there is a bandage shortage as brits fields are full of flax not reagents. my reagent fields in moonglow dont even have dirt in them now so they werent a contributing factor of flax at anytime anyways ;)
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Vulcan wrote:
Richard Mota wrote:the existed for a long time when reppy had the shard. guessing the last time they existed was here within a year or 2? why would you say they failed? they are a scripted part of the shard and the cook is the main person to benefit from them.
was saying that because they existed for years while reppy had the shard and was a huge success.
The reagent seeds lasted less than 2 years. I should know, I had fields full of them.
It was removed, at most, in 2010.

see thats just it. i also had fields of them for a very long time and after a couple wipes. seeds were pulled around 5-6 years ago. however they was around for 8-9 years before that since the shard come out. when i had my first dirt fields in moonglow there was no fields you could get. back then players had to have a gm tile off some grass and buy furrow to even have a field back then. so that means there was seeds around 2/3's the shards history or very close to. id say at least over half the shards history for those who are old school players. then like i was telling frost with alchemists currently on the forum selling potions at half price is what messed up the economy; not a reagent seed.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Richard Mota wrote:
Vulcan wrote:
Richard Mota wrote:the existed for a long time when reppy had the shard. guessing the last time they existed was here within a year or 2? why would you say they failed? they are a scripted part of the shard and the cook is the main person to benefit from them.
was saying that because they existed for years while reppy had the shard and was a huge success.
The reagent seeds lasted less than 2 years. I should know, I had fields full of them.

see thats just it. i also had fields of them for a very long time and after a couple wipes. seeds were pulled around 5-6 years ago. however they was around for 8-9 years before that since the shard come out. when i had my first dirt fields in moonglow there was no fields you could get. back then players had to have a gm tile off some grass and buy furrow to even have a field back then. so that means there was seeds around 2/3's the shards history or very close to. id say at least over half the shards history for those who are old school players. then like i was telling frost with alchemists currently on the forum selling potions at half price is what messed up the economy; not a reagent seed.
You're wrong, the seeds were not around for 8-9 years, Vulcan is right with his info.
I whine, therefore I am
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Talerco Pious wrote:
Vulcan wrote:

You're wrong, the seeds were not around for 8-9 years, Vulcan is right with his info.[/quote]

yes they was a part of this shard in the past and im knowing this. im not wrong and have had them a couple times in fields in the past. they were so common that they can be found in a public field in deluca in t2a map also. to take these away are like taking cotton, flax, and more out of the game and putting it on vendors. starting to sound like a runuo shard at that point :/
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I bet there has been countless arguments about the matter way or another already and the staff has said that they're not coming back, what is there anymore to spam about?

If you're not pleased find your fun somewhere else.
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

No, the reagent seeds were around for a very short period of time.

I remember the staff sold the first seed with 1 million bidding, and in the beginnings owners of the 4 seeds (garlic, mandrake root, nightshade, ginseng) were very careful not to have it pass, but eventually all 4 were available on people’s fields. I managed to obtain some from friends, and traded the rest with dragons (dragons were rare at that time). It was time when Bella and family lived at Moonglow Ranch so that’s way after Marcella Pious became GM and Zukkubus got banned. Then the seeds were destroyed at the 1st Item Wipe which was during Mitzy and Seraph as admin.

It was not a long period of time, but long enough that my small tiny field was enough to help new alchemists from PMS train up. If I remember correctly each plant = 10 seeds = 100 reagents.

Then the management of the shard changed ….. to Boris. I think it was after Alteran restarted the shard, that I did find a mandrake plant growing lonelily on Brit field. I collected a couple and was waiting to see if there would be any announcement or if it was something the staff had planned, but the plant just disappeared within a week or two and nothing ever was mentioned about it. Those seeds were in my treasure box and never once used until the day I bought my Nujelm Palace and needed to move. I told Boris about it and he deleted them. And even though I was not disclosed with details I believe some abuse might have been involved and the person caught involved in it was punished.

Maybe I am not “old school” enough because I was not there when Pangaea was born, but I have been around for since I started playing in Pangaea. I witnessed Repsake setting player house value limit, he implementing additional land to house owners, making furrow deeds, his retirement, change of administration, first itemwipe, change of administration and the talk of Pangaea 2, town stone & siege system & mayor, Pangaea RunUO, second itemwipe (seriously someone is involved in both itemwipe tsk tsk).
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

So therefore,
(1) Reagent seeds was out ONCE in official Pangaea history, for a short period of time until itemwipe, and staff and most players concluded it was not a good thing that had happened. If you wanted to say you were talking about the period of time before the events I have listed above, OK, like I said, maybe I am not old school enough in your standard, but the seeds’ existence was short and obviously not continuously like you claimed to be over a 8~9 year period.

(2) Even during the short period of time (I feel 2 years might even be too long an estimate) it was easy to train alchemists. What is ruining the alchemist markets is the fact that there are too many alchemists than needed. Unless we are limited to 1 character per account (I am not suggesting that at all) people will train what is “useful” to them. Making training easier on a merchant class that actually is needed by most players is definitely not a smart idea.

(3) People are free to give ideas, and I respect that. I can roll my eyes or choose to skip reading some ideas but I still respect the original poster’s freedom of speech. But I cannot tolerate false statements that try to mislead the publics. You have tried to use Druid, cook, and now alchemists in your arguments to add the reagent seeds back. I want to hear some solid reasons on why they do more good for the shard than the bad results the rest of the shard have seen.

I did not want to, but I made myself read through your ideas as objectively as I possibly could, and I could not find a single solid good enough reason that supports your singular idea of “adding reagent seeds to the shard.” Having them harvestable will make big impact to magic user, alchemists, and scribes, and downfall to overall economy.
Bella Pious, The Vet
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Bella Pious wrote:No, the reagent seeds were around for a very short period of time.

I remember the staff sold the first seed with 1 million bidding, and in the beginnings owners of the 4 seeds (garlic, mandrake root, nightshade, ginseng) were very careful not to have it pass, but eventually all 4 were available on people’s fields. I managed to obtain some from friends, and traded the rest with dragons (dragons were rare at that time). It was time when Bella and family lived at Moonglow Ranch so that’s way after Marcella Pious became GM and Zukkubus got banned. Then the seeds were destroyed at the 1st Item Wipe which was during Mitzy and Seraph as admin.

It was not a long period of time, but long enough that my small tiny field was enough to help new alchemists from PMS train up. If I remember correctly each plant = 10 seeds = 100 reagents.

Then the management of the shard changed ….. to Boris. I think it was after Alteran restarted the shard, that I did find a mandrake plant growing lonelily on Brit field. I collected a couple and was waiting to see if there would be any announcement or if it was something the staff had planned, but the plant just disappeared within a week or two and nothing ever was mentioned about it. Those seeds were in my treasure box and never once used until the day I bought my Nujelm Palace and needed to move. I told Boris about it and he deleted them. And even though I was not disclosed with details I believe some abuse might have been involved and the person caught involved in it was punished.

Maybe I am not “old school” enough because I was not there when Pangaea was born, but I have been around for since I started playing in Pangaea. I witnessed Repsake setting player house value limit, he implementing additional land to house owners, making furrow deeds, his retirement, change of administration, first itemwipe, change of administration and the talk of Pangaea 2, town stone & siege system & mayor, Pangaea RunUO, second itemwipe (seriously someone is involved in both itemwipe tsk tsk).
wow reading your first rant in which you are very wrong about is enough to not make me touch the second. when mitzy and seraph got a hold of the shard they did in deed sell a seed for 1 million. that did last until around the time that malas was opened. me as a very old school player know they was around the entire time repsak had the shard and yes they grew in the field of deluca during such time. i believe there was one admin before reppy when i first started playing but didnt pay attention to gms then as i was kind of new to ultima all together then. however im sure the seeds were around then also as the druid class required them for their bags.

edit: been A LOT more item wipes then 2 also
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Bella Pious wrote:So therefore,
(1) Reagent seeds was out ONCE in official Pangaea history, for a short period of time until itemwipe, and staff and most players concluded it was not a good thing that had happened. If you wanted to say you were talking about the period of time before the events I have listed above, OK, like I said, maybe I am not old school enough in your standard, but the seeds’ existence was short and obviously not continuously like you claimed to be over a 8~9 year period.

(2) Even during the short period of time (I feel 2 years might even be too long an estimate) it was easy to train alchemists. What is ruining the alchemist markets is the fact that there are too many alchemists than needed. Unless we are limited to 1 character per account (I am not suggesting that at all) people will train what is “useful” to them. Making training easier on a merchant class that actually is needed by most players is definitely not a smart idea.

(3) People are free to give ideas, and I respect that. I can roll my eyes or choose to skip reading some ideas but I still respect the original poster’s freedom of speech. But I cannot tolerate false statements that try to mislead the publics. You have tried to use Druid, cook, and now alchemists in your arguments to add the reagent seeds back. I want to hear some solid reasons on why they do more good for the shard than the bad results the rest of the shard have seen.

I did not want to, but I made myself read through your ideas as objectively as I possibly could, and I could not find a single solid good enough reason that supports your singular idea of “adding reagent seeds to the shard.” Having them harvestable will make big impact to magic user, alchemists, and scribes, and downfall to overall economy.

please do explain how theyre a downfall? i dont know of any bugs in relation to the "raw agents".
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

wtf, since when was bella pious ranting...but anyways, no point on continuing on that

about the reagent seeds, why is it so important to have them back? it's not like reagents are expensive