Is Pangaea heading in a positive direction?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Is Pangaea heading in a positive direction?

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes: 56

Demian

Re: Is Pangaea heading in a positive direction?

Post by Demian »

Glarundis wrote:The thing, it's such a grind right now, that you simply dont' want to stock up on more material just in case. You do it once and powerhunt for a few days or weeks or whatever, and once you get the set, you are so tired of hunting the specific monster you cba anymore.
This hasn't been the case for me and the people I hunt with, atleast. If some people aren't willing to hunt even now with the current system, I don't see why that would change when things constantly break and you need to hunt the same specific monsters as always, this time just to replace your gear again and again.
Glarundis wrote:Robbers should be the people that use 30 minutes of their time to get what it took someone 3 hours to get. Not people that use 2 hours to get what it took someone else 50 hours to get. That's just gonna piss people off, obviously
I can see you haven't had a robber ;)

Surely, if the robbers get very lucky, they may encounter someone with expensive gear, but that doesn't come for free for them either. You have to spend way, way more than 2 hours running around looking for people, in average. And finding someone doesn't mean he has anything worth robbing, nor that you actually manage to rob him. And if we had a working religion system, it's not without risk to robbers either. My assassin has gear worth over 1mil on him so if we had Law running around, and I'd lose that gear even once, I'd already have lost more than what I have gained from robbing. And it's always possible to die to the person you're trying to rob aswell. Para weapons come in handy, as an example, for those who are afraid.

All in all, It may sting a bit getting robbed, but I rather play on a shard where I can feel even a little nervous over the possibility that I can lose my hunting gear to robbers, than on a boring shard where there's absolutely no risk or the absolute minimal risk in whatever you do. (There's plenty of shards like that to choose from already)
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Demian wrote:All in all, It may sting a bit getting robbed, but I rather play on a shard where I can feel even a little nervous over the possibility that I can lose my hunting gear to robbers, than on a boring shard where there's absolutely no risk or the absolute minimal risk in whatever you do. (There's plenty of shards like that to choose from already)

I understand, but back then it didn't seem to be such a problem, since the playerbase was so high and you always had your team to look out for you and go hunt again with you. Even if you got robbed, you had the people and the will to "hit back" because it was fun and you had the time for it, so there you went, on your pvm session again.

Nowadays it's a bit different, because there are less and less players, so whenever you get robbed, it's not as easy to find the people nor the will to gather and hunt. In other words, losing a set is worse now than it was some years ago. Atleast I suspect so
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

And..
Most of the players just type things that are +/-, if you can offer absolutely nothing to change it then eat it up. The "5 y. ago i didnt get robbed, now i get robbed" doesnt give anything to developers. Puke up some decent plans or just accept the plans that other people offer.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Glarundis wrote:
Demian wrote:All in all, It may sting a bit getting robbed, but I rather play on a shard where I can feel even a little nervous over the possibility that I can lose my hunting gear to robbers, than on a boring shard where there's absolutely no risk or the absolute minimal risk in whatever you do. (There's plenty of shards like that to choose from already)

I understand, but back then it didn't seem to be such a problem, since the playerbase was so high and you always had your team to look out for you and go hunt again with you. Even if you got robbed, you had the people and the will to "hit back" because it was fun and you had the time for it, so there you went, on your pvm session again.

Nowadays it's a bit different, because there are less and less players, so whenever you get robbed, it's not as easy to find the people nor the will to gather and hunt. In other words, losing a set is worse now than it was some years ago. Atleast I suspect so
Back when? We had 75 people online when the server was actually in a playable state.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Gurrnutt Venomblade

Post by Gurrnutt Venomblade »

bottom line is the server is missing one key link... That's Religions most of us have our one char that is a religious character. Pvp plays a big part in the excitement of Pang even tho when its going on most of us freak out and lose out Sh*t. But missing that link we are not getting the full pang, ill say it again we just need a basic tome that comes with the religion pol package. Very simple to tweak what religion gets what from there... pang needs help and none of us will be ranting on the Poll if we didnt care.
*Signed In Venom*
Gurrnutt Venomblade
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Gurrnutt Venomblade wrote:bottom line is the server is missing one key link... That's Religions most of us have our one char that is a religious character. Pvp plays a big part in the excitement of Pang even tho when its going on most of us freak out and lose out Sh*t. But missing that link we are not getting the full pang, ill say it again we just need a basic tome that comes with the religion pol package. Very simple to tweak what religion gets what from there... pang needs help and none of us will be ranting on the Poll if we didnt care.
9 months and they can't even copy / paste something that allready exists in the game. They just need to revert instead of wasting more time doing nothing.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Copypaste to be honest bro, those big pvp fights were fun. Even when 30 crutch-cucks attacked our temple vs 5 of us it was kinda nice.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Topic has been up for 12 days, I know atleast one of the current staff has read it and no repsonse, I expect another shitty release inc, rushed just like the shard opening.

Malron

Post by Malron »

Rolling back to the mindless automap chat with PVP on the side will not bring enough players back.
It will only shove away the current handful of players who have been playing the last 6 months+.
That is not a solution.

A basic religion package might bring some back....
Even if all promises were completed overnight, I don't think we will be seeing numbers 30+
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Malron wrote:Rolling back to the mindless automap chat with PVP on the side will not bring enough players back.
It will only shove away the current handful of players who have been playing the last 6 months+.
That is not a solution.

A basic religion package might bring some back....
Even if all promises were completed overnight, I don't think we will be seeing numbers 30+
The thing that has always brought the shard from 5 players to 50+ IS pvp. Crafters, tamers, hunters etc is all needed but non of that functions without the pvpers, who will buy 1k gheals every week other then somebody who uses them on cooldown allday? Whos gonna buy 10 obsi steeds or jewel sets or armor or weapons? If a crafter wants to sell in any quantity it's going to be to the pvpers.

A basic religion package? After 10 months of working on it? You're chewing on the blue pill hard. Anything less the full religion system with every feature that was talked about would be a slap in the face.

People would play if there was meaningful conflict and a feeling persistence, I quit last time because Iktomi and Ares didn't give that feeling and look, Ares quit and Iktomi went to remake the shard on RunUO which was another flop because they rushed the release (again) and didn't have any content at all and no pang feeling what so ever.