Is Pangaea heading in a positive direction?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Is Pangaea heading in a positive direction?

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes: 56

Demian

Re: Is Pangaea heading in a positive direction?

Post by Demian »

Any chance to get some input from the staff to all this discussion?

Since the shard was in pretty much perfect working condition with the religions and all before the work started on this new system, surely those files are somewhere safe and can be put online? People want to play and I don't see any harm in giving us something to do. Blckfire could continue to work on the new system with what little time he has and when he feels it's ready to go, we can start the RP for it, have the old religions die and transition to the new system.

That's all that has to be done here, really. No need to worry about anything else. The religions can be just put out there without any members and since everyone is blue right now, people could pretty much have a frest start, join any religion they want and start having fun. It will surely bring more activity to the shard once again, and even if it won't be in the figures we had 2-4 years ago, it'd still be more than the 1-3 we have online these days.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Demian wrote:Any chance to get some input from the staff to all this discussion?

Since the shard was in pretty much perfect working condition with the religions and all before the work started on this new system, surely those files are somewhere safe and can be put online? People want to play and I don't see any harm in giving us something to do. Blckfire could continue to work on the new system with what little time he has and when he feels it's ready to go, we can start the RP for it, have the old religions die and transition to the new system.

That's all that has to be done here, really. No need to worry about anything else. The religions can be just put out there without any members and since everyone is blue right now, people could pretty much have a frest start, join any religion they want and start having fun. It will surely bring more activity to the shard once again, and even if it won't be in the figures we had 2-4 years ago, it'd still be more than the 1-3 we have online these days.
Irming has the old files and save, they should just get it from him and boot up that verison instead. Enable double gains for a while to compenaste the people who played.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Demian

Post by Demian »

Quintoz wrote: Irming has the old files and save, they should just get it from him and boot up that verison instead. Enable double gains for a while to compenaste the people who played.
If Irming has the files, all should be good. Why isn't this done yet? Though I don't think the save should be reverted. I bet a lot of people would be kinda pissed over losing skills, me included, but the biggest problem in that save is the fact that the economy is completely ruined. Everyone is too rich. The itemwipe came at a good time.

I wouldn't even mind a new itemwipe tbh, since anything is better than that ruined economy.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Demian wrote:
Quintoz wrote: Irming has the old files and save, they should just get it from him and boot up that verison instead. Enable double gains for a while to compenaste the people who played.
If Irming has the files, all should be good. Why isn't this done yet? Though I don't think the save should be reverted. I bet a lot of people would be kinda pissed over losing skills, me included, but the biggest problem in that save is the fact that the economy is completely ruined. Everyone is too rich. The itemwipe came at a good time.

I wouldn't even mind a new itemwipe tbh, since anything is better than that ruined economy.
It should be reverted because me and alot of others have zero trust in the current staff to maintain presistence, if there's an item wipe here and one there nobody is going to bother aquiring and hoarding things, which means people wont want to play, again me included. Since the opening they have made no attempts at earning the trust of their players and the only way I would want to play on the current save or agree to a new item wipe is if the shard is in the hands of Boris/Cirre, he has been the only impartial admin since (probably) the beginning of Pang and I might not agree with him on alot of things but I do trust his impartialness and respect him.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Malron wrote: A basic religion package might bring some back....
Even if all promises were completed overnight, I don't think we will be seeing numbers 30+
Actually when interesting stuff happens there tends to be a lot of players on. For that two things are required.

1) Tools for the players. Game mechanics, in game content and a set of rules.

2) Active staff balancing. As players we tend to unbalance things eventually - see my last post. The staff needs to intervene now and then to reset the playing field so that it doesn't grow stale.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Is there any interest in hiring a development team?
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Tyrion wrote:Is there any interest in hiring a development team?
1) Hiring would require funds, considering there wasen't enough donations too keep up with the dedicated server and Boris had to pay out of pocket himself I doubt there would be enough intrest to hire anyone
2) Very likely nobody would want to work on a UOShard even if getting paid dealing with shitty directories and trying to figure out shit
3) The people that do script on UOShards are people that have passion for the game / shard and want to impose their vision on it

Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

So we either need a staff change or a revert to older save state? I don't see how both are related? :roll:

I don't get the trust thing, but who am I.. People are so secretive we never know anything about allegations or whatever.

Just let the staff do their thing.

In the meantime, if you want to PvP, you don't lose anything by logging in and PvP'ing, in this state or in any other state. It's better than nothing.
If Boris would want to take over for the time being, why isn't he here posting?
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Glarundis wrote:So we either need a staff change or a revert to older save state? I don't see how both are related? :roll:

I don't get the trust thing, but who am I.. People are so secretive we never know anything about allegations or whatever.

Just let the staff do their thing.

In the meantime, if you want to PvP, you don't lose anything by logging in and PvP'ing, in this state or in any other state. It's better than nothing.
If Boris would want to take over for the time being, why isn't he here posting?
Do you trust the current staff to devliever on what they originally promised? They haven't even allowed name changes yet. I sure don't.

I don't trust them too keep the Pang feeling. Right now the shard it is dead but as we know, if they give us the tools we'll play the game, but I wont waste time in a game I don't feel is persistant, mmos have to be presistant to make achivements feel rewarding. I don't know if Boris wants to take over, if he did I would assume he would've allready as this has proven to be a train wreck that might not be saveable if action isen't taken soon.

Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Since somebody was saying the shard wouldn't reach 30+ players. Here's a few years of ups and downs.
Boris wrote:Image

Oops.

- Boris
Walamis wrote:
Vaux27 wrote:Image

Damn you summer.]
Boris wrote:Image

New tops for this administration. I'd guess it's been 5(+) years the last time 70+ has been reached.

- Boris
If we want to get back there we have to keep going back to what Pang originally was because that's what drew all these players in, the more Boris made the Shard go back to it's roots the more people played.