Is Pangaea heading in a positive direction?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Is Pangaea heading in a positive direction?

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes: 56

Demian

Re: Is Pangaea heading in a positive direction?

Post by Demian »

Quintoz wrote:If we want to get back there we have to keep going back to what Pang originally was because that's what drew all these players in, the more Boris made the Shard go back to it's roots the more people played.
That's true.

The best time I've ever had on pang was in the first few years when I started here. By no means were things balanced nor were things easy for me due to being barely trained and poor, but that didn't bother me one bit. Simply made things more exciting. In the recent years there's been this trend on pang where everything has to be changed, including the whole pang experience we all fell in love with, just to make things easier or in pursuit of balance that I doubt can ever be achieved without a 100% impartial, full time working staff. Rather than clinging to some unrealistic vision, let's just go back to what the players enjoyed. No matter how much was whined on forums about every little thing, people still played..
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Demian wrote:
Quintoz wrote:If we want to get back there we have to keep going back to what Pang originally was because that's what drew all these players in, the more Boris made the Shard go back to it's roots the more people played.
That's true.

The best time I've ever had on pang was in the first few years when I started here. By no means were things balanced nor were things easy for me due to being barely trained and poor, but that didn't bother me one bit. Simply made things more exciting. In the recent years there's been this trend on pang where everything has to be changed, including the whole pang experience we all fell in love with, just to make things easier or in pursuit of balance that I doubt can ever be achieved without a 100% impartial, full time working staff. Rather than clinging to some unrealistic vision, let's just go back to what the players enjoyed. No matter how much was whined on forums about every little thing, people still played..
Balance can exist without being 100% balanced, I think that the whole tome discussion would be over if every tome just had their own versions of Malleus, Veritas and an Aura. Even tho Law/Imp would still have Soli and Guards and Nature/Tek would have Swarm. Whenever Imp/Nature complained it was their lack of a single target rite, Tekstone we had no aoes and Law that they kept getting nerfed to be equal to others.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I agree Quintoz, one of the things I never understood was nerfing any single religion instead of buffing the three others. When you nerf a religion in the name of balance it alienates and pisses off those of that religion when you could just as easily just boost the other tomes and make the majority of players feel as if things are being balanced.

If I had to put forth ideas for making a better Pangaea, religions need to be finished which I believe they are being they are just slowly, seriously sit down and review the npcdesc files and their respective stats as well as their loot tables, revise dungeons with a final revision (not necessarily layout but definitely their mobs and storyline) and finally begin the task of moving over to pol 099 which will offer many new features including updated crafting gumps, non jittery boat movement and a few other features not necessarily player side, I know blckfire was looking into this as I've seen his inquiries on the pol forums about various issues with upgrading.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:I agree Quintoz, one of the things I never understood was nerfing any single religion instead of buffing the three others. When you nerf a religion in the name of balance it alienates and pisses off those of that religion when you could just as easily just boost the other tomes and make the majority of players feel as if things are being balanced.

If I had to put forth ideas for making a better Pangaea, religions need to be finished which I believe they are being they are just slowly, seriously sit down and review the npcdesc files and their respective stats as well as their loot tables, revise dungeons with a final revision (not necessarily layout but definitely their mobs and storyline) and finally begin the task of moving over to pol 099 which will offer many new features including updated crafting gumps, non jittery boat movement and a few other features not necessarily player side, I know blckfire was looking into this as I've seen his inquiries on the pol forums about various issues with upgrading.
Religions were "end of the week" 4 months ago, it's not getting done, time to go back to what was, revert item wipe, up the gain rate and get this shard moving in a direction again instead of this state of "soon" and "almost"

Gurrnutt Venomblade

Post by Gurrnutt Venomblade »

That would Undo all the critical scripts that slowed the server down in the first place, reverting back isnt the answer.... finding a scripter who has the free time to implement working religion is. We are talking about moving forward not back, take the platform that blkfire has fixed and move forward. Either a past scripter steps up to lend a helping hand or the current staff makes a position for a scripter. To many current players would lose skills and im sure half the shard population would die out, again landing us in the same boat.
*Signed In Venom*
Gurrnutt Venomblade
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Gurrnutt Venomblade wrote:That would Undo all the critical scripts that slowed the server down in the first place, reverting back isnt the answer.... finding a scripter who has the free time to implement working religion is. We are talking about moving forward not back, take the platform that blkfire has fixed and move forward. Either a past scripter steps up to lend a helping hand or the current staff makes a position for a scripter. To many current players would lose skills and im sure half the shard population would die out, again landing us in the same boat.
Server didn't need performance increases nor do we even know if that has happened, with his track record it might all be lies. Magically asking for a scripter wont have one appear, the server ran in status quo for years without a scripter and pushed high numbers because players had the tools to create content. Religions is a big tool that creates content for everybody.

Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Yeap, I'm here.

Regardless of not whoring / posting, I do follow the progress (or regress) of Pangaea. Simply because Pangaea is and always will be a big part of my life. I mean, if you spend 33% of your life playing one game... it's more than just a game. It's more of a lifestyle and looks like it's dying. That's not really a huge surprise to me. I mean, I'd love to join the community again and make the shard great again - but I can't do it alone.

I didn't really fit in the staff of Pangaea 2, because their vision and goals were simply unrealistic. That's also the problem with the current staff. You're trying to create something completely new and you lack the resources. It's good to have ambition but megalomania isn't healthy. Pangaea is simple, keep it simple. Let the shard run on its own with its defects and balance them out with time. But as mentioned, I'm not the cure to your poison either.
Even I can't run the shard alone, I need a staff and I need a staff that syncs with me and my vision. I need Monad (a loyal sidekick), I need Ares (unbiased scripter), I need Irming (hardware). Currently, we have none of those elements. I'm a dick and always will be a dick.... but hey, being a dick gets shit done.
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Gurrnutt Venomblade

Post by Gurrnutt Venomblade »

Something needs to happen here, If you saying the last save was fine along with the operation of the code im sure we can combined whats current to whats past. Or simply do what has to be done, take a vote revert back to last good save before pang 2 or keep what current save in and implement religions. Obviously current version would have to be looked at to see if able to mend with old religious scripts.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

lol boris xD
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Any update from the staff?
I whine, therefore I am