Is Pangaea heading in a positive direction?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Is Pangaea heading in a positive direction?

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes: 56

Glarundis

Re: Is Pangaea heading in a positive direction?

Post by Glarundis »

You make it sound like those things from Iktomi/Ares can't go away without a timewarp..We're literally talking about skills and stats here, and it not being fair to the people who trained.. The other changes like .halt can be undone without a need for a timewarp..

Also, you complain about blckfire, but the majority of the people that are still posting on the forums doesn't seem to be complaining that much. Yes, we'd rather not be waiting, but it's not the end of the world. I'm guessing the people that aren't even posting are waiting for the shard to be alive again. So who really is complaining and against this staff here?..

I guess I'll just use this topic as a way to check forums every day and keep the boredom away while waiting for September (I hope August, tbh :P)
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Glarundis wrote:You make it sound like those things from Iktomi/Ares can't go away without a timewarp..We're literally talking about skills and stats here, and it not being fair to the people who trained.. The other changes like .halt can be undone without a need for a timewarp..

Also, you complain about blckfire, but the majority of the people that are still posting on the forums doesn't seem to be complaining that much. Yes, we'd rather not be waiting, but it's not the end of the world. I'm guessing the people that aren't even posting are waiting for the shard to be alive again. So who really is complaining and against this staff here?..

I guess I'll just use this topic as a way to check forums every day and keep the boredom away while waiting for September (I hope August, tbh :P)
Granted I don't know alot about scripting but throwing a save onto a script that works differently dosen't always work.

I don't complain about blckfire, called him a liar, which he is. Blackfail Pang is what his project is called.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

There are two sides of this in my eyes: One that is trying to find solutions amicably and another that prefers to criticize us for doing anything at all.

You're all entitled to your opinion. While we'd love to have another scripter, which we tried before opening this beta, we have to get by with what we have. There are massive projects being done and some completed, waiting for the religion system.
Blckfire's lack of time is frustrating, first of all, for us. We know it isn't ideal but life happens. We couldn't have guessed half of what happened in this last year, but we live with it and adapt accordingly and try to get the best out of it. We haven't given up on Pangaea and we won't either, despite the fact it's taking longer than what we all, GM's and players, would desire.

A few other points:
-Boris was part of this project. He went MIA and unreachable/uninterested.
-Old staff hasn't shown any availability to work with us, they are not even playing despite having their accounts unjailed
-There are 2 kinds of projects. Scripting wise and non-scripting wise. The first is done by blckfire alone and could use some help, the latter is being done by me and Argon and is on course, with many parts already finished.

Players tend to play for many different reasons. Atmosphere, RP, PvP, PvM, friends. When numbers plummet, other players follow as well. We might have caused some of it by expectations not being met so far, but that's been a typical summer pattern for Pangaea. I can create PvP and RP events, if that would help, but player count has been so low that it would have limited reach.
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

quin is bringing up timewarp, cause i guess its easier to do that than trying to add old religions and fix other fuckups, while i understand why zarek is against that idea, it seems more realistic than this new religion system to happen... 2 times this have happened, pang 2 projects both died the same way, scripters got busy kept promising to get back untill the projects just died out. do people fail to see same thing happening here allready?
Malron

Post by Malron »

For those that have been online, you may have noticed mr blckfire online for many hours straight.
I can only speculate but I would assume work is being done in huge amounts.

Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

James Blackburn wrote:quin is bringing up timewarp, cause i guess its easier to do that than trying to add old religions and fix other fuckups, while i understand why zarek is against that idea, it seems more realistic than this new religion system to happen... 2 times this have happened, pang 2 projects both died the same way, scripters got busy kept promising to get back untill the projects just died out. do people fail to see same thing happening here allready?
Atleast they're doing something constructive, instead of bitching on the forums. :>
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

All this "You complain while I play" bullshit that goes on in this thread doesn't really have any weight behind it. All of us want good 'ol Pangaea back no doubt about it. But using the argument that you enjoy wasting time on this unfinished shit while we don't is ridiculous, seriously, get real.

As for the poll results, yes. We are dissatisfied with promises made and the current development of Pangaea. If there is a better way to continue the progress towards a good Pangaea we should take it. A plan is basicly already created and supported.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

We're not saying that we enjoy this while you don't. But we are using our time to train skills/gather money/whatever..That should count for something.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Glarundis wrote:We're not saying that we enjoy this while you don't. But we are using our time to train skills/gather money/whatever..That should count for something.
Congratulation, have a trophy. I don't blame you for your decision, rather the staffs encouragement to use time on this project which is going rather shitty (Pang2 example).

If I wished to use your argument against you I would say how about the time we put into Pangaea that Blckfire and Co simply wiped for their project, a project which failed. Now that feels shitty. Pangaea went into shit due to the RunUO project. That was the first "Fuck you". Now they wiped everything to continue a lesser version of the Pangaea we knew and we don't even know if this will continue or end up like Pangaea 2. That is the second "Fuck you".

Now how about a complete version of the Pangaea we knew as a starting core for something to develop, that is something that would get things going.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Demian

Post by Demian »

Johnny Walac wrote:
Glarundis wrote:We're not saying that we enjoy this while you don't. But we are using our time to train skills/gather money/whatever..That should count for something.
Congratulation, have a trophy. I don't blame you for your decision, rather the staffs encouragement to use time on this project which is going rather shitty (Pang2 example).

If I wished to use your argument against you I would say how about the time we put into Pangaea that Blckfire and Co simply wiped for their project, a project which failed. Now that feels shitty..
When Glar says it should count for something he means no matter what the next step is, it shouldn't be a timewarp so that all our efforts would have been for nothing. And as far as I remember, pretty much everyone whos been talking in this thread supported the last itemwipe (notice: not a timewarp of 1+ years) so trying to score some sympathy points from what you yourself also agreed to, is quite lame, even if it's just for the sake of an argument. When they wiped last time, the shard was already dead with no active staff whatsoever so it's nowhere near the same thing as doing a timewarp now, when the staff has multiple times stated they're not giving up on this.
Johnny Walac wrote:Now how about a complete version of the Pangaea we knew as a starting core for something to develop, that is something that would get things going.
Not that I particularily distrust Boris, but since you and Quintoz obviously feel how actions speak for themselves seeing how you don't trust the current staff to deliver due to blckfire being behind on schedule, then how can you trust Boris to deliver anything when even Vulcan said he was a part of this staff in the beginning but just disappeared? Would that happen again if things didn't go his way?

I agree reverting back to the old system would probably liven up things, atleast for a while, but if it's simply with a timewarp I won't support it. Boris having a scripter isn't a guarantee of his activity and content delivery either, as we all know from the past dealing with a lot of different scripters. Also would the current staff just willingly give up the site and everything to a new administration? Would the majority of the players even want that? Anyway, there are many different paths to go even if Boris and his new staff were to take over. It wouldn't necessarily have to be a timewarp, but if it was absolutely necessary, then it should at the least come with a new itemwipe in my opinion, and definitely with any lost skills returned to the players. Even better would be if they can just set up the religion system with the current version and save. With a capable scripter I doubt that'd be a problem. At the least it would show their dedication to this by not just taking the easy way out.