Is Pangaea heading in a positive direction?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Is Pangaea heading in a positive direction?

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes: 56

Demian

Re: Is Pangaea heading in a positive direction?

Post by Demian »

Quintoz wrote: Boris, Monad and the scripter that Boris had lined up to help out. Argon capable, you mean the guy who was trying to ban people because he couldn't figure out how they were avoiding to hit the orcs while training parry, yea he's real capable.
We also have Vulcan who was very active, which is exactly what is needed of a GM. Also every GM has made mistakes. Bringing up one case where in the end nothing happened is pointless.
Quintoz wrote:then it comes out you'll play for a few weeks - months and then realise that nobody is coming to pvp and you'll quit again.
Why? Plenty of people supported this version of pang. The only thing that has changed is the timetable. There's no reason to believe that this project, when finished, would attract less players than the old system. Though if we do a timewarp and put the old system back out there, your statement might apply quite accurately as we piss off people who have worked on their characters here for over a year, just to please those who have done nothing but whine.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Demian wrote:
Quintoz wrote: Boris, Monad and the scripter that Boris had lined up to help out. Argon capable, you mean the guy who was trying to ban people because he couldn't figure out how they were avoiding to hit the orcs while training parry, yea he's real capable.
We also have Vulcan who was very active, which is exactly what is needed of a GM. Also every GM has made mistakes. Bringing up one case where in the end nothing happened is pointless.
Quintoz wrote:then it comes out you'll play for a few weeks - months and then realise that nobody is coming to pvp and you'll quit again.
Why? Plenty of people supported this version of pang. The only thing that has changed is the timetable. There's no reason to believe that this project, when finished, would attract less players than the old system. Though if we do a timewarp and put the old system back out there, your statement might apply quite accurately as we piss off people who have worked on their characters here for over a year, just to please those who have done nothing but whine.
Feel free to look back at my post why some, not alot, not all, people wont touch the shard untill a new staff is in charge and the reason why going back to a save pre-item wipe and with religions would change that. I personally couldn't give a rats ass about the people who worked on the characters and please, it's not been a year since they took over and if so it's a year of failure that should be forgotten asap.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Demian

Post by Demian »

Quintoz wrote: Feel free to look back at my post why some, not alot, not all, people wont touch the shard untill a new staff is in charge and the reason why going back to a save pre-item wipe and with religions would change that. I personally couldn't give a rats ass about the people who worked on the characters and please, it's not been a year since they took over and if so it's a year of failure that should be forgotten asap.
Then why should we go back to an old save and staff to please a minority? Why should we give a rats ass about you guys? Majority may think pang isn't heading in a positive direction, but it doesn't mean a majority would choose a timewarp of 1-1,5 years over waiting 2-3 months more. Even if the past year has been a failure from a developmental viewpoint, it doesn't mean people haven't put in effort in the game that they'd just willingly give away like you guys, which is obviously easy for you since you haven't put in any.

If anything, it's a decision that should be made by those who have actually been playing.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Tyrion wrote: Let's begin looking for developers that can assist with current projects (religion system, siege system, mayor system etc.).
Tyrion wrote:To start, let's try recruiting some programmers on the POL forum. This is a dedicated community of POL programmers that may be willing to help or can at least be persuaded to assist with development projects.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Demian wrote:
Quintoz wrote: Feel free to look back at my post why some, not alot, not all, people wont touch the shard untill a new staff is in charge and the reason why going back to a save pre-item wipe and with religions would change that. I personally couldn't give a rats ass about the people who worked on the characters and please, it's not been a year since they took over and if so it's a year of failure that should be forgotten asap.
Then why should we go back to an old save and staff to please a minority? Why should we give a rats ass about you guys? Majority may think pang isn't heading in a positive direction, but it doesn't mean a majority would choose a timewarp of 1-1,5 years over waiting 2-3 months more. Even if the past year has been a failure from a developmental viewpoint, it doesn't mean people haven't put in effort in the game that they'd just willingly give away like you guys, which is obviously easy for you since you haven't put in any.

If anything, it's a decision that should be made by those who have actually been playing.
Because these are the people that would play regardless of population aka the players that make sure that Glar and the others that said a lack of players is why they don't play actually play, they are the ones provding action, they are the ones providing content, please pretend like 20 people macroing and saying shit like "When I'm ancient I'll go pve/pvp" do anything to create a healthy enviorment for players. The reason why we shouldn't care about gains is because the players that afk macro in a house add nothing to the shard, the active players do.

2-3 months more, sounds like another "end of the week/month" deadline to me, Blackfail Pang rhetoric.

Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

lol this thread needs a lock, I guess. You guys keep posting stuff to demotive the current staff and push for Boris and co. I don't have anything against them, but I don't have anything against blckfire either. All I see is your "arguments" of biased and untrustworthy staff.

Also, you don't gain anything with a timewarp, nor do you lose anything if there is no timewarp. Stop screwing other people over just for your interests (which quite frankly I don't see any in that timewarp question, only in the changing staff issue)

So based on your post you want to cater to the minority because the minority is spuring the majority? The entire shard was playing because of a few guys and when they left, everyone left? I guess every story needs their villains to be thrilling and to keep the motivation up, Pangaea is no excuse :D

State your suspicions openly.. Say the current staff has not delivered yet is not a valid reason. You can use that to blame them for lazyness or lack of work or whatever. But like Demian said, a timewarp and going back to the old religions won't magically solve things, since people could get bored even then, after a while. You talk about tools for the players, but what new tools do you get if there is no development?

And if blckfire's team and Boris' team can't work together because of vision..I don't get it..This is a rp shard and should be dynamic. Stuff can evolve. As long as there are scripters and they have free time, we could have 2 religions, and if we see players don't like it that much we could adapt the rp and then go to 4 religions, and back and forth, and come up with as much shit as we wanted, or come up with no shit, in case we didn't want anything to do...Things don't have to be set in stone
Demian

Post by Demian »

Quintoz wrote: Because these are the people that would play regardless of population aka the players that make sure that Glar and the others that said a lack of players is why they don't play actually play, they are the ones provding action, they are the ones providing content..
As long as their every wish is fulfilled or they start screaming and kicking and refuse to play until those wishes are met..

You say nobody but you guys create any content, and that anything anybody else ever does is macro, and that only you and your friends are the ones who actually play instead of macroing like everybody else. What a load of crap. There was plenty of people creating content ig for months, despite religions and your gang, the only active gang with the sole content-creating people of the shard, being out of the picture. Weird. Your post is simply full of self-gratifying generalization and disregard towards what anybody else has achieved or finds to be important.

The only reason you're dead-set on pushing for a timewarp instead of any of the other possible options, is because you feel left behind and don't want to put in the same amount of work as others have. You say a few pages back, "It should be reverted because me and alot of others have zero trust in the current staff to maintain presistence, if there's an item wipe here and one there nobody is going to bother aquiring and hoarding things, which means people wont want to play, again me included.", yet what we're talking about here is the outcome if Boris would be running things. Do you not trust Boris to maintain persistence? And you say all this stuff about trust in the staff and how itemwipes make people not want to play, yet you don't see taking away peoples skills as a similarily trust and motivation damaging thing to do?
Malron

Post by Malron »

Yeah maybe time to lock this thread up! It has derailed.

See ya in the dungeons if you are on! ;)
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Demian wrote:
Quintoz wrote: Because these are the people that would play regardless of population aka the players that make sure that Glar and the others that said a lack of players is why they don't play actually play, they are the ones provding action, they are the ones providing content..
As long as their every wish is fulfilled or they start screaming and kicking and refuse to play until those wishes are met..

You say nobody but you guys create any content, and that anything anybody else ever does is macro, and that only you and your friends are the ones who actually play instead of macroing like everybody else. What a load of crap. There was plenty of people creating content ig for months, despite religions and your gang, the only active gang with the sole content-creating people of the shard, being out of the picture. Weird. Your post is simply full of self-gratifying generalization and disregard towards what anybody else has achieved or finds to be important.

The only reason you're dead-set on pushing for a timewarp instead of any of the other possible options, is because you feel left behind and don't want to put in the same amount of work as others have. You say a few pages back, "It should be reverted because me and alot of others have zero trust in the current staff to maintain presistence, if there's an item wipe here and one there nobody is going to bother aquiring and hoarding things, which means people wont want to play, again me included.", yet what we're talking about here is the outcome if Boris would be running things. Do you not trust Boris to maintain persistence? And you say all this stuff about trust in the staff and how itemwipes make people not want to play, yet you don't see taking away peoples skills as a similarily trust and motivation damaging thing to do?
Reverting to a time when Boris had the shard is the way to go, it gets rid of the whole Iktomi/Ares time, I mean .halt command, need I say more? It goes back to just before he left, staying consistant and persistant with his way of running things.

Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Pointing out how badly Blackfail Pang has failed in a topic that's dedicated to it, isen't going off topic and it shouldn't be locked.