Free piety transfers, let's be honest

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Have you got "freebie" transfers or piety IN 2009?

yes
67%
no
33%

Total votes: 6

Maximilian Lhoth

Free piety transfers, let's be honest

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Irming wrote:As of monday 29th. of december, no more "free" religion transfers will be aproved. After monday, if you want to transfer religions, it will have to be done in game as normal, with the restrictions that is relevant.
This would mean the end of the year 2008.

So, have you got free piety transfers, from religion to religion in 2009? Or free piety otherwise? If so, how much? Only people with piety characters should answer.
Last edited by Maximilian Lhoth on Fri May 15, 2009 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Maximilian Lhoth

Re: Free piety transfers, let's be honest

WHINE WARNING

(I'm just using my legal right to whine, don't flame me plx, I don't wanna get mad and I guess I'm having a bad day)

Yes; I should have got 20 piety in 15th day (today) but got it 13th, so I got "2 days" of freebie.

Also I think 6 Imperial members got the same. Kent got instant 50 piety when he switched in 2009 (he had 50 in nature), Eric got 30 when he switched in 2009 (he had 30 piety in Law), and yesterday at least I and Metafor got 20 piety, even though our timers weren't up (they were almost up though). Also I think 3 other members got even more free piety (30 or 40) with time in religion being under 2 months.

How's it in other religions?

Why did Vilmon (of course now that Vilmon is HP the 60 is "earned the legal way") and Kenyon get 50 piety in Nature? Nothing against the persons but how in the f-k an imp knight and law knight get instant 50 when they change class and join nature, in year 2009 too. Lemme guess, Teks of course all get 50 piety just by joining? (Now, someone correct the facts)

Of course getting free 60 when you're chosen as head priest doesn't count (just to make things clear). But the cases in which you were an active member of a religion 2 years ago, restarted playing in 2009, you should start from 10 like it's normally done, or the rules are bent.
Neku

Post by Neku »

not cool to keep piety if your switching religions :twisted: just don't sound right to change religion and keep your piety :) i though you were given piety from your "god" ;)
Valran Cranium

Post by Valran Cranium »

Sorry, I don't give piety.
is Cirre.
Esmeralda

Post by Esmeralda »

I give piety if you worship me

(Sorry, i don´t get your point, do you whine because Imps got piety, because Nature got more, or that you got it 2 days before your timer? Maybe you could add a fat arrow to the core whine so people like me understand the post)
stating the obnoxious
Maximilian Lhoth

Esmeralda wrote:Maybe you could add a fat arrow to the core whine so people like me understand the post
Fat arrow to the core: I got 2 units of candy free and some people got 284 units of candy free. They got 142 times more candy free than me, even thought candy was not supposed to be given free at all after the end of year 2008 (29 dec 2008), so players are not treaten equally and the original "promise" of what would happen after 29 dex 2008 (no more free candy) was not kept (people get free candy, some get only a lick and some get a sackful, some get none).

I whine because it was said after 29 dec 2008 people will get no free piety transfers. I have got extra piety worth 2 days (practically nothing), and some people have got extra piety worth 9 months 2 weeks (practically everything). Some people have got extra piety between 2 days and 9 months 2 weeks, and some have got none. That is why I whine.

Naturally I acknowledge this is a freeshard.
Esmeralda wrote:(Sorry, i don´t get your point, do you whine because Imps got piety, because Nature got more, or that you got it 2 days before your timer?
It is not religion specific but case specific; I got 2 units of free fun in year 2009, some got about 60 units of free fun and some got 284, even though "rules said" no single unit of free fun is given after 29 dec 2008. Repeating myself here, heh.
Last edited by Maximilian Lhoth on Fri May 15, 2009 1:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Neku

Post by Neku »

well, like you said before

NERF PREIST!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Maximilian Lhoth

Carlos Demetario wrote:not cool to keep piety if your switching religions :twisted: just don't sound right to change religion and keep your piety :) i though you were given piety from your "god" ;)
It is not only transfers; some people are seemingly granted free 50 from the start and some need to do it the hard way from 10.
Last edited by Maximilian Lhoth on Fri May 15, 2009 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Houston

Post by Houston »

I think the staff provides "freebie" piety for those priests who are teh "oldies" - i mean, isn't it obvious for the staff to spread around piaty for a reason to get more players online?

Sounds obvious to me that you just made the char and want also 50 piaty, its not the fact that the old priests who used to have 20-40 piety for years can now get 50.

People were stuck and struggling to take the GM's attention to acquire more power, yet they failed and now the new staff just made some rules.

Also, i dont think its not late for old priests to come back and prey for some mercy?

Yes, thats pretty unbalanced. But they wasted their time, by never acquiring their wish/goal.

I personally wouldn't be jelaous on the fact that an old 50 med priest would have 50 piaty and my 3 week old almost ancient priest has only 10-20 piaty =)

EDIT; I really hope someone understood what i tried to say.
Maximilian Lhoth

Houston wrote:Sounds obvious to me that you just made the char and want also 50 piaty, its not the fact that the old priests who used to have 20-40 piety for years can now get 50.
No, I want 20 piety as my timer allows (I have served 14 days), but I want others too to have as low piety as their timers allow - the people who switched religion in 2009 or joined a religion in 2009 only naturally, though. So I am not wanting my character to be boosted, but out of jealousy I want others characters to be just as crappy as mine [color=#FF0000]unless they meet the official criteria[/color] to be better. The cases I know may only be the tip of the iceberg. I only mostly know Imperial cases and I know there are 2 people who got to keep their piety when they switched in 2009 (other had 50, other had 30). Also I know people who have been in Imperial (only Imperial) for only 1½-2 months and have 40. What is going on in other religions I really don't have a clue about and these cases are seemingly made not public.

Reversing these cases would be unfair, but STOPPING it NOW and COMPLETELY would be fine, or rewriting the rules to:

"those who hop from religion to religion after 29 dec 2008 may get their piety lowered to 10 or may get to keep their 50 piety, depending on the X factor"

and

"piety timers apply to some but not others, don't know why and don't care, they just apply to some and not to some"
Last edited by Maximilian Lhoth on Fri May 15, 2009 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.