Farming and Planting

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What approach to farming should be taken?

Option A and leave grandfathered fields as is.
17%
Option B, fixing the price of the deed but just making farms without a whacky planting system.
33%
Option B with sub option of fixing both vendors and merchant classes to be less reliant on vendors
42%
I have my own ideas thank you very much, don't cloud my thoughts with your group think!
8%

Total votes: 12

GM Oden

Farming and Planting

Post by GM Oden »

Ok all you plantation owners, a serious question. It was brought to my attention that there is a bug with planting fields that has been around forever and was not fixed at the behest of Neon. I've not tested this but apparently it was brought to my attention you can still plant crops side by side, I have two options on the table the option I like best personally is option B with it's sub option.

Please read the card link I post below and I'd like feed back. If you can't be bothered to read the card you can't be bothered to post or voice an opinion so don't. It's straightforward and I make my opinion relatively clear on Trello so read it and give me your feedback, I'm open to other ideas to fix this but the ideal setting is once I get merchant gumps finished items rejiggered a little and hopefully some class fixings merchant wise we can move toward a player driven economy and not have merchant classes pissing in the wind and vendoring to make their communist economical ventures of price fixing and what not . :D

Farming and Planting Card

Note: if you have a vote for one of my ideas but think it can be improved or tweaked upon please feel free, it is an open forum, I am bouncing ideas around with you guys to get a proper response. Oh and option B in any variant would restore farms back to just plant plant plant, 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 style planting none of this 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 crap. I don't personally like it it over complicates what should be a relatively simple system and honestly if I had my druthers I would pull lumberjacking out of the equation.

Note 2: THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION ON REAGENT FARMING, you bring that up in any serious manner and your thoughts and ideas will likely be dismissed outright, I don't care how it was in the old days, I don't care what allegiance you swear to in terms of past staff, this is a bug, albeit a minor one in my opinion and I want to solve it. Though I think the more serious bug here is not a scripted bug but an introduced, lackadaisical "fix" for merchant class(es) to make them reliant more on the infinite gold supply and price fixing that is vendoring hence why I gave you the sub option for B. I don't want to argue this point about merchants here either, you have your beliefs I have mine, this is purely how to approach this bug with fields, we will likely discuss merchant classes at a more convenient time and this will likely be fixed only when that is first solved.
Last edited by GM Oden on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added polling questions
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Ivan

Re: Farming and Planting

Post by Ivan »

Just remove the 1010101 system and allow planting on every tile, then just drop the rate at which the plants grow by 50%. This way it makes it more convenient for players, while not buffing/nerfing/changing anything.

EDIT: In this kind of case the total amount the plants can hold doesn't matter since you're limiting the constant income rather than the once in a while income.
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Ya that's probably the best way to go. I did not think this was a controversial topic with some so that'll probably be the way forward.

Just to clarify one thing on my vendor gold cap thoughts, the idea is to push merchants and other classes away from the npc driven market into a player driven one. This would not be an overnight thing and would happen post religions so at that point I'm hoping players would be a little more prevalent. I've ideas on how to do this for merchant classes but these are not for consumption here in this thread but it includes massive updates to the crafting system and if I could swing it some merchant class updates.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

GM Oden wrote:Just to clarify one thing on my vendor gold cap thoughts, the idea is to push merchants and other classes away from the npc driven market into a player driven one.
Yes, please