Piety Vs. Skill

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should piety be replaced by a skill instead?

Yes, it's about time.
49%
No, it's always been like this and should remain.
51%

Total votes: 57

Atlantis

Re: Piety Vs. Skill

Post by Atlantis »

I vote for iqual piety for everyone (50 or 60). And, a no for piety skill. It still should work based on meditation.
Jaskier Huntley

Post by Jaskier Huntley »

I'm up for current piety system.I don't see anything wrong in fact that normal players (like myself) who plays every now and then are 40p which is decent.Those who put much effort into the game,people who are skilled and crucial for their religions should be awarded with higher power.I would only consider if HP spot should be 50p by default instead 60.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

If all these things being said make sense, then why weren't we awarded 40p for anyone instantly, but still have to wait from 30p to 40p?
Also, the problem with 50p is that no matter how hard people try, there can only be two guys with higher piety. The others can work as much as they want, and nothing will change. And this leads to people hoarding power. We all know what it has been like in the past.

And Oden explained magery/eval with meditation/divinity..
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Piety is not balanced. If what you are seeking is balance we adopt skill based so the skill base would be as follows for each class:

Ranger:
Divinity - 100
Meditation - 85

Knight:
Divinity - 100
Meditation - 85

Priest and Monk:
Divinity - 100
Meditation - 100

In terms of rite strength, potency and effectiveness, all that is going to be reworked under a new religion system anyway which by the way is, four months + away if I go through with it.

In terms of over powered rites because now I'm using 100 instead of 60, not an argument at all, numbers and equations and formulas are going to be reworked to adjust to a skill based system.

I think you guys are missing the entire point of this, I'm not looking to slap together a little bit new and mostly old religion system, I planned to essentially start with a semi blank canvas and draw from the old but most everything would be entirely new code.

Remember Divinity would be the ability to cast and Meditation the rite's potency. Those skill values aren't final but they'd look something like that.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Glarundis wrote:If all these things being said make sense, then why weren't we awarded 40p for anyone instantly, but still have to wait from 30p to 40p?
Also, the problem with 50p is that no matter how hard people try, there can only be two guys with higher piety. The others can work as much as they want, and nothing will change. And this leads to people hoarding power. We all know what it has been like in the past.

When was it changed so only 2 people could have 50piety?

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

If it's not, my mistake then. But I was almost sure it's limited to HP - 60, SiC - 50, rest - 40
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Glarundis wrote:If it's not, my mistake then. But I was almost sure it's limited to HP - 60, SiC - 50, rest - 40
Not since like 8 years ago.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

GM Oden wrote:Piety is not balanced. If what you are seeking is balance we adopt skill based so the skill base would be as follows for each class:

Ranger:
Divinity - 100
Meditation - 85

Knight:
Divinity - 100
Meditation - 85

Priest and Monk:
Divinity - 100
Meditation - 100

In terms of rite strength, potency and effectiveness, all that is going to be reworked under a new religion system anyway which by the way is, four months + away if I go through with it.

In terms of over powered rites because now I'm using 100 instead of 60, not an argument at all, numbers and equations and formulas are going to be reworked to adjust to a skill based system.

I think you guys are missing the entire point of this, I'm not looking to slap together a little bit new and mostly old religion system, I planned to essentially start with a semi blank canvas and draw from the old but most everything would be entirely new code.

Remember Divinity would be the ability to cast and Meditation the rite's potency. Those skill values aren't final but they'd look something like that.

Looks good, make it happen !
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Actually ill just comment on my vote to keep the piety.

In my opinion i feel the piety as a reward for those who work for the religion. I was the HP of Imperial for nearly 3 years and i took that 60 piety as a reward for my work. Even if this is a game, running a religion requires a certain amount of work and hours put in to it daily. All the planning and managing takes time.

Now i didnt read Odens wall of text as im a bit annoyed of such. You need to provide things in a nutshell, numbers and facts. If we all are on the same line with this skill system how does the HP and lets say SIC get rewarded for the work they do ?

Glarundis wrote:If it's not, my mistake then. But I was almost sure it's limited to HP - 60, SiC - 50, rest - 40
It was possible to have more than one guy with 50 piety.
Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Glarundis wrote:If all these things being said make sense, then why weren't we awarded 40p for anyone instantly, but still have to wait from 30p to 40p?

I agree with your logic, except for more training skills.

Lets face the reality, it will be very hard to get new players to play, we all know the ones playing (sadly) are the ones returning, and they are doing it because they have trained chars or because they have the knoledge to fastly train them. Personally I would take a vote on a new system that will enhance player activity, rather making them log too keep macroing inside doors or to wait for 40 piety.