Piety Vs. Skill

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should piety be replaced by a skill instead?

Yes, it's about time.
49%
No, it's always been like this and should remain.
51%

Total votes: 57

Glarundis

Re: Piety Vs. Skill

Post by Glarundis »

Just do it already. Or make a new poll where the idea is thoroughly explained. Either way, I'd say do it.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

GM Oden wrote:The reason why I'd add a new skill is cause divinity is the magery for religions and Med your evaluate int.

Adding a skill is 5 minutes tops of work, replacing begging.
As I said, I am totally for Skill over piety. The poll tipped over to 51% Yes now. Perhaps a new poll and make a decision from there. Or just go with this poll and add the Divinity.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Gurrnutt Venomblade

Post by Gurrnutt Venomblade »

Glarundis wrote:Just do it already. Or make a new poll where the idea is thoroughly explained. Either way, I'd say do it.
I dont believe it was explained until Walac and oden just broke it down.

I'd say make a new Poll and simplify everything

And is it a need to heighten this skill? If so what about class overhauling?
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

So I take it there won't be any changes to the Religion System nor will we see a siege system for religions/guilds on current Pang?
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Johnny Walac wrote:So I take it there won't be any changes to the Religion System nor will we see a siege system for religions/guilds on current Pang?
It's a saga to see how long can we postpone essentials before the shard closes :)
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

I voted "skill" yesterday, thinking it makes sense to pray to your god instead of just waiting. Then I figured out it would be troublesome as a regular heightenable skill.

To make it religion specific, this skill should act differently from the rest of skills in many ways though;
1) The skill must be automatically capped if you're not in a religion, as it's useless outside
2) Joining a religion should lower it to 0
3) Leaving a religion naturally raises it back to the cap, but it would be, again useless, outside of religion
4) For religion class switch, a GM must likely help because the process is complicated. Before resigning from old class, one should contact a GM and after rejoining a new class, GM would tune the skill. A ranger with 65/85 would get 65/100 as a priest, whereas a priest with 65/100 switching to ranger would get (65/100)*85 as in (oldskill/oldskillcap)*newskillcap = 55.25 rounded downwards to 55.2
5) Old piety would be converted to a maximum of 100; a percentage of regular cap to skill, such as 30/40 rounded downwards, for a ranger = 63.7
6) To make this look better roleplay-wise, require praying at your religion's altar for skill training.

Why skill?
1) Mainly you just used to wait offline for 10-40, occasionally completely inactive still getting your piety.
2) Regarding 50 piety, gamemasters aren't everywhere, many of them have no time or interest to observe others' roleplay. Even if they do, some many feel they don't want to judge players' rp abilities for various reasons.
3) 60 piety of the head priest/monk could be considered too powerful. I suppose people generally think it should be either equivalent to others, 40, or possibly higher such as 50 or 60. Even with the skill system, this is easily fixed. Plus you'd get a cool item. There could be a certain religion specific newbified, HP/HM only item such as The Holy Robe of Winchester, Her Sacred Golden Amulet which gives a skill boost which practically equals the power to old 50 or 60 piety, depending on what's considered proper.