Lets vote for best PVE feature on the shard!

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

The best PVE feature on pangaea is:

Spiders, spiders everywhere!
9%
Druid curses, sorry but we're not letting you continue for 30mins
12%
Mummy curse, what you don't have holy potion? Sucks to be you, not even dying can save you!
9%
.kill monsters are the new GM's of the shard
13%
Levers, thou shalt not pass, you're now stuck here with me forever!
9%
Traps, enjoy getting teleported out of the dungeon while blinded and under all the possible curses!
6%
Curses, it'd be a shame if you'd lose 47 stat points!
7%
Coldborn, trying to run away? Let's try that without any stamina!
6%
Lykium elementals, potions are for noobs anyways, who cares.
5%
Hitrate, I am grandmaster at macefighting, but sometimes I just can't hit a giant for 20 consecutive hits!
24%

Total votes: 82

Ivan

Lets vote for best PVE feature on the shard!

Post by Ivan »

So here we go, the best features on the shard, lets see what everyone enjoys the most! (.kill refers to Balron and Oracle)

You may vote for 5 things max.
Demian

Re: Lets vote for best PVE feature on the shard!

Post by Demian »

I really enjoy the statcurses and non-counterable instakill spells the most.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

If you leave all boxes unchecked, please let us know what is wrong with the PVE and it's features!
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Spiders, spiders everywhere! - Annoying, but there must be some level of annoyance to make things less easy to clear..

Druid curses, sorry but we're not letting you continue for 30mins - just remove this shit..

Mummy curse, what you don't have holy potion? Sucks to be you, not even dying can save you! - seriously?..

.kill monsters are the new GM's of the shard - while spiders, druid curses and mummy curses can be avoided, you can't even see this shit and you're as good as dead.

Levers, thou shalt not pass, you're now stuck here with me forever! - why?!?

Traps, enjoy getting teleported out of the dungeon while blinded and under all the possible curses! - :lol:
Curses, it'd be a shame if you'd lose 47 stat points! - I'm ok with curses, perhaps just cap it at a certain number. But if you have 85 res spells and got the short straw on the spell, what can you do..
Coldborn, trying to run away? Let's try that without any stamina! - necessary evil..it's freezing out there man!
Lykium elementals, potions are for noobs anyways, who cares. - dodge?

Hitrate, I am grandmaster at macefighting, but sometimes I just can't hit a giant for 20 consecutive hits! - I thinking however how annyoing this is, it must remain to some level. What we should discuss is the hitrate of a certain fighting skill compared to the other fighting skills.. :P
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

I love lykium elementals, especially my alchemist does. The next best thing is getting those mass instakills
I whine, therefore I am
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

In terms of PvE, I'd like to say that under 099 I'm tempted to do a slow roll out of a new AI system starting with new npc types I need to script anyway for Khaldun redo.

I like many of you, think the current AI is a bit, dated. Plus if we can slowly migrate all npcs over to the new AI stuff we can actually consolidate AI scripts and in the long run will make introducing new npc features easier in the future as instead of a massive single AI script as is currently the case, all that is needed is small nerve scripts which are essentially linked together and executed when they need to be.

It's at least something I prefer.

So it's definitely something I'm considering for a slow roll out once 099 is finished.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

i dont want balron to be any smarter with aoe instakill than its now
291-697-526
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

I love them all, couldn't have picked one over the others.

In particular, levers that do blind + curse + teleport.
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

aldath c'om wrote:i dont want balron to be any smarter with aoe instakill than its now
Lol the reason our mobs even have instakill effects or abilities is precisely because there's a decision that has always been present; Do we write this AI in such a way to make this mob(s) "smarter" or do we just copy and paste another AI script and tweak it here and there and to gauge difficulty just make this new npc hit like a Mack truck?

Everytime the latter decision is chosen.

In terms of my favorite PvE effect, the one I've seen I both hated and loved was the Journey's End Succubus. On hit there was a small chance they'd permanently drop a random skill of yours by 0.1%. I obviously didn't like it but I saw the benefit of a mob like this as ensuring skill gains are not sacred, there's real risk even in PvE and sometimes that risk goes beyond just potentially losing items.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

GM Oden wrote:In terms of my favorite PvE effect, the one I've seen I both hated and loved was the Journey's End Succubus. On hit there was a small chance they'd permanently drop a random skill of yours by 0.1%. I obviously didn't like it but I saw the benefit of a mob like this as ensuring skill gains are not sacred, there's real risk even in PvE and sometimes that risk goes beyond just potentially losing items.
tbh I don't see the point, you're literally just griefing players with that kind of a monster. It's not hard to kill nor is it difficult in anyway, you just have to macro for 0-12345123 hours after killing one. So I'd say it's more griefing than "hard".