Suggestion to increase pvp

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Which situation should remaind

Law versus Imperial
70%
Nature versus Tekstone
22%
Noo, because (post below)
9%

Total votes: 23

Mox

Suggestion to increase pvp

Post by Mox »

Idea is simple:

I nuke 2 religions; swap the religionmembers who are in that specific religion (scott free) to one excisting
GM Oden

Re: Suggestion to increase pvp

Post by GM Oden »

I'm not voting but hope you guys choose wisely.

I was shocked nature v law wasn't on the list, that would've been something to behold. :D
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Better late than never, eh ? I doubt this helps boost the activity at all anymore. We asked about this like 6+ months ago when we still had a small active playerbase. If the shard is being run like it is now, i have little interest in playing. Blcfire been on this "quest for the better pang" for way too long, he has no clue how to run a shard or care about its playerbase. You all other GM's seem way too scattered, Oden is doing hes thing and Mox is applying bandages where he can a little too late.

And before some afk macro hero posts "Theres activity". Please you cant call under 10 "active" players a base for anything.
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

I hear Ya Ondo.

A couple notes here:

Reduction of the religion count just did not seem worthwhile when I first put them in and we had 40 people jump in. Second, being that I try to include player input into decisions where I can, there was no consensus on what two religions to cut and which two to keep. You had undoubtedly your opinion, Fred Smith had his, Jane Seymour has hers, Jack Benny had his and so on and so forth and such so I had a cacophony of players telling me to keep these religions and there were numbers at the time that I felt it would have been sustainable.

Many of you, not necessarily you Ondo but some came back in and immediately began to whinge about something not liked or the unfairness of me selecting the first run HPs and who I chose. I chose those people who stuck by Pangaea save for one and yes I made a judgement call and save for one of those choices, everyone scurried away almost over night.

As for the disorganized staff, I'll admit, there's clearly disorganization. I however try to keep communication lines open with everyone and that includes other staff.

As for my "thing", this has taken longer than it should have and I'm not scrapping any of the work I've done just going to scale it way back, get the update going as soon as I can (had to wait for updates to go live before I could start), get a lite version live and work in the changes I've made. This ensures updates will be coming down the pipeline for awhile.

This is probably all for naught but I enjoy doing it and I'll admit I'm more or less scatter brained, I have ping ponging ideas and no one there to keep me focused on one thing, I set schedules and they come and go, I have tons of stuff I've started and a quarter of those I've finished, it's all a WiP because something else comes up that needs to be addressed or shit is so tied together that to fix or change one thing totally ducks up 8 other things or just another thing comes to mind I have to start it and shelve the core idea so I don't forget it, that's my Maoist Self Criticism session for today.

There's problems, I don't nor does the dedicated staff need daily reminders and whinging about it, sometimes our hands are tied just as much as the players and if I didn't care for the player base past and present and I hope future, I'd have gone back to my shard and continued working on it. Some of us do care and aren't trying to just put band aids on things, although sometimes that's all we can do in the short term.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Delete Nature 4sho, worst temple ever and noone has time to fix it anyway. On top of that give everyone 50 piety, HP 60. Might even do comebäk nr 9926.
Dargon

Post by Dargon »

At the current playerbase, I'd say that Law vs Imp is needed. Keep tek+nature on hold when playerbase goes more active.
Philip Azevedo:
na dude, fu*k uni... that shit wont lead you anywhere
pang on the otherhand....
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Who actually owns the server these days?
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

The shard's been around for ~15 years? In that time many of the players have "grown up", got jobs, got hitched and had brats, that doesn't leave enough time for people to play on a game like Pang that requires huge time investment in macroing and gear accumulation... Though for PvP alone it's not as bad but still you get my point???

This is a game best for those with a LOT of time on their hands, teens, college students, retirees, etc.

:lol:
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Tyrion wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:25 pm Who actually owns the server these days?
blckfire hosts the server
we got mox/vulcan as gms
oden developing stuff
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Edward Sinclair wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:56 am The shard's been around for ~15 years? In that time many of the players have "grown up", got jobs, got hitched and had brats, that doesn't leave enough time for people to play on a game like Pang that requires huge time investment in macroing and gear accumulation... Though for PvP alone it's not as bad but still you get my point???

This is a game best for those with a LOT of time on their hands, teens, college students, retirees, etc.

:lol:
They could put a permanent 1.5 skill gain...