Updated looting rules

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Update the looting rules?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 52

Mike

Re: Updated looting rules

Post by Mike »

Clothes should be lootable for the simple reason that it keeps noobs from using a full indy cloth set in pvp. If you bring a huge advantage you should face the possibility of loosing it.
Valran Cranium

Post by Valran Cranium »

Baby steps, baby steps.
is Cirre.
Mike

Post by Mike »

The old law-imp war rules, where cloth couldn't be looted in dungeons, were good. You could still hunt with them, just not take them to battle without risk.
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

Mike wrote:The old law-imp war rules, where cloth couldn't be looted in dungeons, were good. You could still hunt with them, just not take them to battle without risk.
Thats perfect.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Houston wrote:My suggestion;

No looting for magical items. - Magical armors, clothes, weapons
Full looting for crafted items. - All crafted armours in any quality, resources, weapons everything.
Senseless, why my empyrean chain suit with one elite part would be lootable but if I wore invul chain suit (the same) instead I could just relax.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Mike wrote:The old law-imp war rules, where cloth couldn't be looted in dungeons, were good. You could still hunt with them, just not take them to battle without risk.
I kinda disliked those rules always they were so unclear and abusable aswell i see the solution for problems is make simple rule which has working system behind it to make abusing impossible. Most of peoples on shard anyways wish they could use clothes in pvp even with full looting right (usualy there is separated group with loads of money, clothes and suchs which conquers pvp ground because they have full confidence in their allies and in themselves) but newer players cant rise because they are afraid of taking that advantage of clothes which is expensive in pvp and lose all of time making them quit pvp grounds fully aswell if they happen to be robbed on hunting it will piss them off and most likely make them quit... when noxes were around on last pang i didnt have a chance to own even single cloth over a week... non-religious noob knight in training cant simply keep his hard earnings in his hands.

wow i wrote again a lot i think im tired since i start to think things a bit too much...

EDIT: and btw clothes also can break i tried to arm lore my cloth pieces and noticed they have conditions liek armors.

EDIT2: and as you can see forums are not overflowing indy tactics or arm lore clothes yet as you might think so cloth sales wont end ever...
Houston

Post by Houston »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:
Houston wrote:My suggestion;

No looting for magical items. - Magical armors, clothes, weapons
Full looting for crafted items. - All crafted armours in any quality, resources, weapons everything.
Senseless, why my empyrean chain suit with one elite part would be lootable but if I wore invul chain suit (the same) instead I could just relax.
Well, exactly.

Empyrean is mostlikely just to showoff nowadays or make focis out of them and the ore is redicilously hard to mine and a full plate set is almost as hard to get as an auro set.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Aswell empyrean armors break very easily.
Iru Kandji

Post by Iru Kandji »

Last edited by Iru Kandji on Tue May 31, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neku

Post by Neku »

Iru Kandji wrote:Sad to say but the rules are not going to change, -if-ever- because people are more concerned with their belongings than having a good time, rp'ing going with the flow of events. Case in point, the recent whinefest.
not everyone has a good time loosing gear ;) i lost all my armors and weapons to a pretorian lord due to immense lag and i wasn't happy (gm's need to use another connection for teh pr0n :D )