Remove Guards from Tek and Nature

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

As title says

yes
60%
no
40%

Total votes: 57

Uzriel Raven

Re: Remove Guards from Tek and Nature

Post by Uzriel Raven »

A tad bit off topic, but damn, Tekstone guards look soooo bad ass. I actually took a few moments to appreciate their armor, you know, before I got rid of them with imperial guards.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Ivan wrote:
Kenyon Ahearn wrote:Aura & silence are the two most OP rites on this game lol
aura itself doesnt have great healing ability with 20 piety but its manaregen is good enough to keep me making malleus loads before i run out of mana
Often times the only reason I died with Darian was because I ran out of stamina and got fatigued. That was almost always the case especially in Malas where you accidentaly kept running through your foes, friends and npcs each draining stamina very fast. I bet Law has never had the need to drink a refresh with aura keeping their stamina up high.

In all ways I agree. I've always said it but for four years Law and GMs/Admins kept saying I don't know what I'm talking about, but now that Darian is a high piety Law priest I know that it is, and has always been hilariously overpowered. Not to mention during the four years Law tome has been nerfed over and over again, but still it remains overpowered. Not that I complain, I can keep spamming malleus for as long as the aura last - 5 minutes? In a sick way it's actually quite relaxing after so many years of Tekstone shit.
Andrew De'lere

Post by Andrew De'lere »

Well, as long as i've been tek i've always thought the same and now my views have been confirmed.
Aura alone there isn't a problem. As a 50 piety law priest my aura DOES NOT let me spam malleus forever without ever running out of mana. However it is amazingly useful/
The area in which i have always seen problems with Aura is when groups of law get together. In the case of a law guy being alone, Aura will be useful but not massively overpowered. When several law guys get together, all with Aura on, then hell, unless you're instakilling them (which some people do) then you're gonna have a real tough job bringing them down.
Biggy

Post by Biggy »

Kelt maul ffw
Dyne

Post by Dyne »

I thought the guards were used for this

Capturing a town

Guards will re-spawn in all towns with a random interval when killed, but to take over the town and stop the re-spawning of guards the town has to be captured for a period of time, depending on the town (typical about 14 days).
To capture a town is a huge and very hard task and it will require great planning and many resources.
Before a group can declare a town for taken, they need to complete these tasks:
1. All guards must be killed, and re-killed when spawning during the time period. So when the guards re-spawn they must all be killed within a short time period (typical within an hour or so)
2. The group must stop all attempts made to recapture the town, that be by other players or reinforcements by Lord British personal guards.
To take on this task contact the staff for more details on a concrete attack.

but really 14 days? has this ever happened?
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Imp pretty much had whole Fel.
From what I understand they took all towns except for Brit that way.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Agen Kolar

Post by Agen Kolar »

Quintoz wrote:Imp pretty much had whole Fel.
From what I understand they took all towns except for Brit that way.
Nope, the towns was given by GM's through a "quest" because Law surrended Britain.
I remember the screenshot it was Geryn who said something like "I surrender this city as behalf of Law".
And because Imp threw off the capital of Felucca and Lord British, they got control of other cities too.

The other cities didn't remain in Imp control for long though because Law kept taking them back and killing the guards, but only Britain and Moonglow staid in Imp control after that.
~ Heron Katsaros ~
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Read again and don't fail.

I said that they took all cities EXCEPT for Brit by holding it for 2 weeks.

Agen Kolar

Post by Agen Kolar »

Quintoz wrote:Read again and don't fail.

I said that they took all cities EXCEPT for Brit by holding it for 2 weeks.
No they didn't. All cities was given by GM's.
~ Heron Katsaros ~
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Not what the old Imps told me, mah bad =(.