Remove Guards from Tek and Nature

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

As title says

yes
60%
no
40%

Total votes: 57

Darian Darkmind

Re: Remove Guards from Tek and Nature

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Alteran wrote:Whitewolf will be having 14 days off the forum , so he can learn propper english.
We have spend 3 mounth doing this things , and now you complain ?.
so you are saying to me that great job , but realy now we want things to change back ?.
i am so ready to upload the old tome for all religions , and then leave it with that.
No one is forcing you to use guards , news flash you need to cast them from your tome , so if you dont want to use them don´t .
but it simple fact that they give you a place of calm in pvp , and suddenly some don´t like that , you are serously stepping on my toes here.
You have the power your self not to use them , but you do press the button your self and, now some one think it should not be there.

Not beening changed i can promiss you that.

Alteran
No one is forced to use them, true, but as long as they are there no matter what the situation is there's always some people using guards. Law has ALWAYS used them, no matter how big of an advantage they had in PvP with their otherwise overpowered tome. That doesn't matter, they have the ritual so why not use it if it makes it even easier to win. And when one side summon guards, the other side must also summon guards to beat the other side's guards... then the other side summon more guards. Guards guards guards... summonable guards are worst idea ever. They completely destroy PvP. Always have. It's more like GvG - Guards versus guards - and the side with more guard spammers - aka. priests - win. Sure it's better to give guards to everyone than to only Law and Imperial, but even better would be to remove it from everyone - Law and Imperial included.

That's my two cents. But then again I'm in Law so if I ever decide to make a comeback I don't mind spamming some guards, followed with a nicely placed veritas and malleus - all while aura keeping me alive... mmm. It sure is ridiculously easy but hey, I've earned it after four years of Tekstone. :)
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Guards versus guard fights is sooo boooring.
Like when Law and Nature attacked temple a few nights ago, they all spawned guards and just spammed veritas.
I atleast had the luck to be banished 3 times so I didn't have to see the devistation.

I'm all for the removal off guards from Tekstone and Nature.
There is no good rp reason for them to have it, as a matter of fact, no reason at all for them to have it.

Nature is a pvm religon, they should be balance for pvm not both.
Tekstone got blight and single target plague to wipe out cities aswell (It might need alittle tweaking but it's all good).

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Neku

Post by Neku »

just make guards take up pet slots ;) will allow people to have a safe zone to heal and res yet they cant spam the shit out of them
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

What about deleting guards from tekkies and natures then making that like guards could be summoned only if there is a guard zone 350 steps from you would be also more realistic.
Blexatlorp

Post by Blexatlorp »

I thought it was made clear that it was not being changed,
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Blexatlorp wrote:I thought it was made clear that it was not being changed,
imo religions need somekind of nerf and those religions only which have guards defending cities should be only able cast guards near cities... its kinda weird that guards travell to dungeons defend citizen...
Agen Kolar

Post by Agen Kolar »

Ivan wrote:
Blexatlorp wrote:I thought it was made clear that it was not being changed,
imo religions need somekind of nerf and those religions only which have guards defending cities should be only able cast guards near cities... its kinda weird that guards travell to dungeons defend citizen...
Or religion(s) which have instakill ritual and gm spawned guards already to defend cities should be NERFED and removed the guard rite itself I think that would make sense.
~ Heron Katsaros ~
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Solitude = i dont use its kinda too unfair in anykind of fight
Guards = i think it should have somekind of range around cities i can udnerstand if they can call guards from britain in front of despice but into despice lvl3 makes realy no sense... aswell as i earlier said only those religions which few cities should be able to "call" guards around those areas...

I think law doesnt need anything else than aura and malleus as special they are already enough to make laws realy good.
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

Aura & silence are the two most OP rites on this game lol

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Kenyon Ahearn wrote:Aura & silence are the two most OP rites on this game lol
aura itself doesnt have great healing ability with 20 piety but its manaregen is good enough to keep me making malleus loads before i run out of mana