Situation specific looting

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should situation specific rules exist instead of religion/guild specific?

Yes
48%
No - I like guild/religion specific more
9%
No - I don't want looting at all
43%

Total votes: 23

Maximilian Lhoth

Situation specific looting

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Copypasting my earlier post...

Would make sense if instead of group (religion, guild) specific rules there would be situation specific rules.

Town or temple attack - participate voluntarily and risk for example armors and weapons being yoinked. If a mistake happens the stuff is easy to retrieve to an accidentally yoinked innocent person. As a general rule it should be: go away if you see a PvP situation in a town or risk being yoinked, because the spies hanging around are annoying and un-RP. And If you want PvP with small risk, use radlius+kryztal when entering the battlefield.

Random encounter for example during a hunt - gold&gems or nothing depending on if you have staff approval to yoink gold&gems or not
Maximilian Lhoth

Re: Situation specific looting

Voted yes myself;

You decide yourself if you want to be looted or not by entering or leaving the battlefield or choosing gear you can risk to lose for.

- less banish wars if there is a possibility to loot
- more realistic PvP, less risk taking in general
- everyone is equal, your tag doesn't make you more vulnerable
- if you consider yourself too weak for the PvP, stay away, no risk
or bless people only and commit other supportive things, small risk
or if you think you can win, take the risk

And what if you are in a religion and it's "compulsory" for you to defend places?

Should be no issue; if you participating probably means only more loot for the enemy, you have a good reason to stay away, or if you want to be of some use, do supportive stuff only, naked or in junk gear - it shouldn't be a problem, I smell no piety drop there.
Last edited by Maximilian Lhoth on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

I voted yes for this aswell. If you want to pvp you can, if you dont want to, you dont have to. Thats how it should be imo. Unless there are random encounters and such ofc.
Maximilian Lhoth

Yep, if the rules are religion specific it makes the no-risk religions more attractive (yes it does, with the exception of Tekstone perhaps), but if there are no religion specific looting rules but other kinds of rules instead, even the priests can choose the suitable playing style for themselves... if your piety is low, your 3D lags more than your 2D, better stick to preaching and the verbal/supportive side. If you are a greased lightning on 3D with high piety and too many radlius-kryztal battle sets, go solly 'em down.

(um, repeating myself a bit)
Mike

Post by Mike »

No. Be a god damn man and accept full looting rules.
Neku

Post by Neku »

yup. if your willfully to getting into pvp you should be prepared to get looted imo although robberies should still be kept to money and gems since its hard to get out of robberies using rp due to the fact that its all loot based.
Agen Kolar

Post by Agen Kolar »

Would result to endless amount of clames.
Noob: "I need my stuff back I wasn't part of the battle!1"
GM: "How do you proove you weren't part of the battle?"

This simply wouldn't work in technical wise as I see it.
Rules are already too complicated and vague, therefore hard to GM's to supervise.
~ Heron Katsaros ~
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Mike wrote:No. Be a god damn man and accept full looting rules.
Great Mike, you've really proven us that you're a REAL man. Too bad the looting rules are still up for the gm's to decide.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Gorath Blackmind wrote:
Great Mike, you've really proven us that you're a REAL man. Too bad the looting rules are still up for the gm's to decide.
I vote yes, I agree completely to this. Fact of the matter is drylooting is not coming back so it is time we all made compromises.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Gorath Blackmind wrote:
Looting rules between religions aren't.