Situation specific looting

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should situation specific rules exist instead of religion/guild specific?

Yes
48%
No - I like guild/religion specific more
9%
No - I don't want looting at all
43%

Total votes: 23

Kent Strider

Re: Situation specific looting

Post by Kent Strider »

But it is just completely stupid for one group of people to not be lootable. Still makes robbers suck, I want to see robbers feared again, in a legal way, not the Iru way.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Kent Strider wrote:But it is just completely stupid for one group of people to not be lootable. Still makes robbers suck, I want to see robbers feared again, in a legal way, not the Iru way.
Yeah, nobody feared Iru anyway.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Mike wrote:No. Be a god damn man and accept full looting rules.
To WHOM I would accept full looting rules anyway?
Mike wrote:Looting rules between religions aren't.
Why should especially religions have different looting rules from guilds or individuals?
Kent Strider wrote:But it is just completely stupid for one group of people to not be lootable. Still makes robbers suck, I want to see robbers feared again, in a legal way, not the Iru way.
Robbers can now loot gold whereas they are invulnerable to stoning and even yoinking. Robbing profit is smaller but so are risks.
Last edited by Maximilian Lhoth on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:
Mike wrote:No. Be a god damn man and accept full looting rules.
To WHOM I would accept full looting rules anyway?
Mike wrote:Looting rules between religions aren't.
Why should especially religions have different looting rules from guilds or individuals?
You know what I'm talking about. But in case someone who isn't being an ass is reading this thread to find out, I'll explain it. Religions decide looting rules between themselves, as can guilds. The GM's don't stop full loot between guilds and religions. Cowardly guild/religion members do.
Maximilian Lhoth

Mike wrote:Religions decide looting rules between themselves, as can guilds. The GM's don't stop full loot between guilds and religions. Cowardly guild/religion members do.
The remedy to not be a coward and to avoid drylooting is just not to join a religion or a guild, so no one can blame you of being a coward? If religions and guilds accepted dry looting rules, all people would leave guilds, except maybe the "safe" merchants (scribe for example), PvP oriented people who on the long run win the battles often, very heavily PvP oriented people who on the long run lose the battles often and people who want piety (in case of religions). We would have religions full of just priests, monks and in Imperial's case scribes. And guilds would of course have mostly only barbarians and scribes.

And if I went to spam Imperial forum on how I want drylooting rules applied I would egoistically state I want excitement and items. Not that I want to prove my manliness to Tekkies.
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

People never left religions and guilds because looting rules were in place, I can 100% back that statement up with my time in Imperial, we were HEAVILY pvp orientated and people didnt leave because of the risk of being dry looted. We had our realm (malas) and they had Fellucca.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Maximilian Lhoth

Kenyon Ahearn wrote:People never left religions and guilds because looting rules were in place, I can 100% back that statement up with my time in Imperial, we were HEAVILY pvp orientated and people didnt leave because of the risk of being dry looted. We had our realm (malas) and they had Fellucca.
I was not in any religion or guild but anyway I was legally drylooted many times. Why rob someone when you can just kill that someone for RP reasons as an enemy (= not an ally) and dryloot after that.

What would happen if I made an one man guild, Anti Dennac Action, decided to suggest drylooting rules without stoning and malediction to Tekstone and fought alongside others on the battlefield? Could I legally loot if only I could open the corpse even if one of my allies killed the Tekkie? Or would it require that I fight alone? Or would the ones fighting with me be also drylootable and allowed to dryloot because they fight on my side? Or would no one be drylootable or allowed to do that? The religion/guild/group specific rules are not logical, not generally applicable because of variety in people on the anti-Tek side and can be avoided this way: make the rules situation specific.
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

I agree with the suggestion that looting rules should be situation specific, but right now something this complex and time consuming for the staff isn't appropiate.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

i vote no to looting, unless its changed to something like defenders cant be looted. attackers choose to attack defenders basically have no choice and dont say you do if you run to log your basically denying yourself piety forever more. there are cases where i have been faced 4 vs 1 while defending. and this rule would basically force me into losing stuff.

no looting it makes battles frustrating and short and leads to long boring hours of hunting to replace lost gear.
Sherrod

Post by Sherrod »

Thats what we have councelors for. Or however you spell it.

They are staff too and should be trusted and have the responsibilty of making sure the rules are followed. Dont say sh*t like 'GMs and Admins cant keep an eye on it' cause thats why we have players as councelors so they can and report anything back to GM's/Admins.
Made by Adrian