Social Experiment.

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

I agree with taking part

yes
70%
no
23%
shhh I'm too busy irl to log, so ill spend my mils logging in just to buy nice things I've bidded on through the boards
7%

Total votes: 60

Abakus

Re: Social Experiment.

Post by Abakus »

Thats bad for me to close merchants forum. Only part I used.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Abakus wrote:Thats bad for me to close merchants forum. Only part I used.
how about logging ig? you can macro outside bank again as the rule has been lifted or you can hire a stall at mushroom market.
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

Can't macro cartography (effectively) at the bank! ._.
Mackean

Post by Mackean »

Hilda wrote:Can't macro cartography (effectively) at the bank! ._.
stackable maps would make a big difference i assume :/
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

Biggs wrote:
Abakus wrote:Thats bad for me to close merchants forum. Only part I used.
how about logging ig? you can macro outside bank again as the rule has been lifted or you can hire a stall at mushroom market.
What if you're looking for a specific item?
What if you don't have your whole life to play/stay around the bank?

The boards work because it gives everyone the chance of finding out what's being sold. Britain Bank is abandoned, not because of the boards, but because there aren't that many new players nowadays, nor the old players who used to hang around just to create the RP atmosphere and talk. The shard is way more PvM/PvP oriented these days, exactly because players see those kind of activities as either:
a) boring
b) useless
c) time wasting

Besides, you have an older playerbase that doesn't have the time to play like they used to, 5 years ago.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Use the auctioner? you can put items for auction and search items from there... so no need standing there whole day...
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

Ivan wrote:Use the auctioner? you can put items for auction and search items from there... so no need standing there whole day...
That would pretty much kill the concept behind this "social experiment", wouldn't it? :P

I like the idea of having RP activity and life in Britain again. But closing the boards isn't the best way of doing it. Besides that, the boards already existed when lots of people stood in the bank having a good time.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

well the market carrys on without you while you whine =] I believe this but without gm interaction would be the best way to carry on.

reasons for;

1. Rp
2. Stops people continously hunting, accumilating more and more and eventually market crash.
3. there's now an area noobies can come ask everyday questions, pretty much all day/night.
4. You don't have to have a stall to sell items (shouting, auctioneer, stall, pay someone)
5. generally its good too see everyone hanging out having fun, hell I sat there for hours yesterday taking orders and when I wasnt I simply logged next character and macro'd for a bit
6. back to noobies, they can sell raw produce or accept jobs of other people who are willing to pay them

reasons against:

1. gm interaction to much due to cycling of 24h stalls
2. time zones
3. OH NOEEES I CANT HUNT CONTINOUSLY TO FIND INDY MED MACE

fix's:

1. script 24 hour time limit and automatic "removal of items" where all items currently in that stall goes into a stall1 chest in gm area so you can recover all items, also 2-4 day bar fron renting stall again.
2. Pro-Plus? Redbull?
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

Biggs wrote:well the market carrys on without you while you whine =] I believe this but without gm interaction would be the best way to carry on.
Not whining, just stating facts. Don't confuse sharing opinions with blatant whining.
Biggs wrote:1. Rp
RP what? You mean interaction, RP is a quite different thing,
Biggs wrote:2. Stops people continously hunting, accumilating more and more and eventually market crash.
Not really. Whoever hunts 24/7 will keep hunting 24/7. Might stop there once or twice to sell to those who don't hunt 24/7, to just keep accumulating more wealth.
Biggs wrote: 5. generally its good too see everyone hanging out having fun
Agreed. I simply stated it's not the only way. I'm not sure it's even the most effective way, or why you need to limit people to that option alone. That's what you do to stubborn children. If everyone is so willing to "RP" in front of the bank, why do you need to close the forums?
Mike

Post by Mike »

This could be fun, let's see where it goes.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota