Should Malas be removed?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should Malas be removed?

Yes
49%
No
40%
Doesn't matter
11%

Total votes: 47

Kent Strider

Re: Should Malas be removed?

Post by Kent Strider »

About the law code, anyone heard of the crusades? Everyone in that time frame claimed to be the good guys that worshipped the one and true god, and all of them raped, pillaged, and plundered.
Troy

Post by Troy »

From what I am gathering a big reason of closing one map is for the condensing of monsters to one map which if you look back to what happened on Malas we went through and fixed all the dungeons on Felluca and added in new monsters there. All in all we shouldnt just move things so it makes it easier to get the best gear and items and money. This is a roleplay shard in the end and would perfer seeing roleplay reasons behind some of these things.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Just make it so once we get to Malas by portal conjurer that we can use recall and gate in malas, that imo is the only thing that sucks about Malas.
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

It is also the only thing that allows for it to be unique. For its size, it doesn't take a huge amount of time to get from one place to the other (are some of the moongates still messed?). The only thing I found slightly frustrating is the Luna moongate location, only because Imperial guards attack on sight (which I'm not complaining about) and there's only one way to get to it/from it and that's through a gauntlet.

But that being said, IF I need to get past Luna guards, I'll log 3D, pack extra Gheals, and run like the wind! In fact, it's pretty fun. But having the Portals drop me in the middle of two White Dragons and a Frost Giant 6 months ago wasn't too fun! lol.

We need Malas. And it's a great place for Imperial, that the long-underdog religion has its due, because really... Papua was terrible. Both maps need to be open, after all, I don't want to hunt in Felucca all the time, and I don't think Imperial wants to only hunt in Malas, either. It's a good balance, and a good mix incase you want a change.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Ok I could live without recall, but how about taking away the super fatugueness of malas then?
Uzriel Raven

Post by Uzriel Raven »

I don't think Malas should be removed, it's proven useful and it's rather open compared to the forests of britain, I hate trees, and jungles.
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

Did you notice, Kent, than if the Hit Detection system allows you to run through things like: Guards, monsters, animals, etc. it too, drains stamina? I noticed this a long time ago when it was first brought to light about Malas. For some reason, Malas drains more stamina because you run through everything without even the slightest chance of running through.

That's what Refresh pots are for! :P
Troy

Post by Troy »

It gives more of a use to those, making everything useful to them, Malas is a land of riches but it has its downfalls aswell. Everything has an equal and opposite reason for it being there.
Dyne

Post by Dyne »

I voted yes and here is why. I hate the portal system.
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

Dyne wrote:I voted yes and here is why. I hate the portal system.
Then hop on a horse, and run to where ever you have to go, then. Just because you don't like something as simple as a portal system, shouldn't determine the usefulness of something that's obviously important.