Magical items

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should we get rid of magical items?

Yes, get rid of them all
33%
No, they are needed
21%
Don't get rid but make more rare
46%

Total votes: 61

Boris
Admin

Re: Magical items

Post by Boris »

Hopefully I'm not completely breaking your world, but how armors work isn't purely based on AR. If you have a plate set that gives 30 AR and a studded set that gives 30 AR, it is not the same at all.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Boris wrote:Hopefully I'm not completely breaking your world, but how armors work isn't purely based on AR. If you have a plate set that gives 30 AR and a studded set that gives 30 AR, it is not the same at all.

- Boris
Yeah but i just proved a point why people dont need tailors. If i get 44 AR studdeds with decent elemental protection from monsters. I dont need anything from tailors. Fuck that cloud giant set, i have over 10 more AR and decent elemental protection.
A while back i was curious, i tried to sell phoenix bone sets for 150k. Noone wanted. Its clear enough already that studdeds are so easy to find from monsters. And vampire bones make the most work.
Masano

Post by Masano »

The way I see it the problem is that these magical armours are equally as good and are free (if you hunt) or atleast half the price.

I wanted to buy a high ar plate tunic for my Ranger, so I looked to the smiths and none of them wanted to sell me an empyrean plate tunic unless it was for a RIDICULOUS price. Hell, I found it hard enough to get a scarletite plate tunic made. Ive always thought smiths were greedy but turns out mining is shit and the failrate on plates is also shit. I took 75drock ores to Bill Petterson who is 115/115, pretty much the best level you can possibly attain on this shard (aside from him with Imperial bless). He failed to make exceptional drock plate tunic twice and boom theres my ores gone. He even failed to make an exceptional scarletite tunic out of his own ores.

Basically the point of my rant is this: Its not worth it for the smiths to mine for ages to get ores just so they can fail on plates. This leads them to asking for ridiculously high prices. Theres no point in paying those prices because you can find magical armours that offer similar protection for a much less price or even free. So id suggest removing the magical armours BUT only if you do something about the number of veins or how many ores a vein has...and look at the fail rate amongst crafting plates at the same time -_-
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Would it be better to unimplement magical armor from hides/bones and wipe them from the world?

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Boris wrote:Would it be better to unimplement magical armor from hides/bones and wipe them from the world?

- Boris
Turn em ultra rare so if you hunt sometimes you can still be very happy to find a magic something.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

it's better to have magical stuff a bit more rare. but what should happen is, craftable stuff should be made easier/more hides/ores available so that people actually can buy it at decent prices.

it seems there's a problem in pangaea economy like in the real world :F

things need to be made easier so the prices are also easy on the players. look at the shitty loot people get, it requires items to be sold for cheap if ppl are to buy, but if items are to be sold at cheaper prices, it must be possible for the merchant to afford selling them for cheaper = more ores/hides/veins/yadayada

while it's crappy as it is, the solution will appear to be, disable magic armors/weapons/etc from monsters, or make them more rare so that people will buy from merchants/or make craftable stuff better so that ppl buy from them

but what should happen is, magic items should be better (yes, that's why they're magic), but being rare, and since craftable stuff is not that expensive (even phoenix) people will buy it. but for that to work, those craftable things must be made cheaper. they can't be cheaper than they are unless the material is gathered easier. or then, the gold that every monster gives must be boosted, so that, even if it costs the same ammount of gold, it actually is cheaper since there's more gold everywhere.

there's a problem in pangaea, gold comes from monsters, not from player <-> player transactions. unless you're mining gold and smelting it, ALL THE GOLD comes from monsters. if it's hard to get decent ammounts of gold to buy something, or things are too expensive because they can't be cheaper, people won't bother to buy it
KaneThun

Post by KaneThun »

Boris wrote:Would it be better to unimplement magical armor from hides/bones and wipe them from the world?
variety is good so no to this. make them more rare? sure.
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Take out regular iron/bone/leathers and only have special ores/bones/leathers available with magic things. And decrease the rarity on high end magic bows... please :(
Ricardus

Post by Ricardus »

Wolfie wrote:(...)And decrease the rarity on high end magic bows... please :(
Well it may be doable if the staff accepts some sort of sexual favours from you, as payment form. loool
ImageSTFU Noob!!
Boris wrote:Don't worry, we're not here to kill baseclass, it's Telboreas duty.
- Boris
Palma

Post by Palma »

At least leave the weapons...