Which one is better?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Keening or Veritas?

Keening
25%
Veritas
75%

Total votes: 55

Darian Darkmind

Which one is better?

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Alright, this is something I'd like to get an answer to. There's a lot of talk on the forums about rituals and more closely about these two. So what is the people's opinion of the matter. Which one is better, Tekstone keening or Law/Nature/Imperial Veritas?

No need for spam or anything else, just posting your vote is enough. However, if you truly enjoy turning this into a whine/grief/religious topic feel free to post below.
Kent Strider

Re: Which one is better?

Post by Kent Strider »

Veritas is obviously better than keening, what do you expect to achieve with this ridiculous poll? Your tome is supposed to be a bit weaker than the rest in some regards.
Darian Darkmind

Sheesh. It doesn't have to have an agenda, I'm just interested to know the common opinion as I hear it more than a lot that keening is better.

If you have nothing else to contribute, please don't contribute.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Alright alright, I apologize I just woke up and probably am in a slightly bad mood. Sorry.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

What comes to rites and tomes, it's useless to compare them now. They're still under developement and changes are made every week.

It's not rocket science to realize that Veritas is better. The only edge Keening has over Veritas, is its use in PvM, as Veritas does damage only to undeads and daemonic creatures - when Keening can be used vs. everything.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

make keening aoe just like veritas
291-697-526
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

It's pretty obvious that veritas is superior overall, especially due to the mass damage/healing/squelching effect, though keening has its place in killing single people through walls more effectively. Ofc, I say this as someone who was repeatedly keened on through walls ._.

I think the point of the poll is indicate the OPness of vertashi spamming religions (Law/Imp/Nat). But you also have to consider that Tekstone has the prefix CULT, the rest were ORDERS/empires or w/e. It seems times are changing and people want Tekstone to become an order more than a cult. It's no longer a small religion, its size and allies combined rivals ImpLawTure combined (and yes, I can and do count Hilda :)). I think it's time we label it "Order of Tekstone" :D
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Boris wrote:What comes to rites and tomes, it's useless to compare them now. They're still under developement and changes are made every week.

It's not rocket science to realize that Veritas is better. The only edge Keening has over Veritas, is its use in PvM, as Veritas does damage only to undeads and daemonic creatures - when Keening can be used vs. everything.

- Boris
And through walls, literally 20 tiles away from the target, so long as you can select it. IMO, it is all situational where it is useful. Veritas doesn't work effectively through walls where keening does, I'm not sure if that is how it was intended, if it was then w/e, we just deal with it and try to avoid situations / talk to the peeps doing it and ask them perhaps to come to a compromise for its use in battle. But these rite changes Boris keeps touting seem to be moot points until Wille scripts them. So I imagine we just need to wait and be patient.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

All these rites should have the same LOS check and power reduce nowdays - so there shouldn't be any gains LOS-wise.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Darian Darkmind

Yup, keening was changed an has a LOS check just like veritas. Also, aldath, keening targeted on yourself is already area and has been as such for a long time.

Edward, this poll again has no such deep agendas, I'm not trying to show how much better veritas is as we all know it even according to the poll result. This is more because I'm annoyed of certain people claiming that Tekstone tome is better in PvP and some people even go as ridiculous as claim that keening is OP.

Obviously, as the result shows, that is not the case so this poll's purpose has been filled - it was to show those certain players how wrong they are... unless of course everyone else voting for 'veritas' is mistaken, which isn't the case.