Paralyzation charges

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Remove paralyzation charges from the game?

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes: 35

Zaradon

Re: Paralyzation charges

Post by Zaradon »

Darion al'Ferran wrote:Having 110 poisoning and paralyze potions arent as good as that shit.
Palma wrote: If there was a way to make paralyze charges infinite and/or restricted to someone, now that would be unbalanced.
Zaradon wrote: Poisoning skill cannot be used on all weapons.
Makes the poisoning training worthwhile if there would be no darn para-charges.
Yes for all or No for nothing.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Let's nerf priests/tomes before we nerf poisoning.
I whine, therefore I am
Mike

Post by Mike »

I don't care one way or the other.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

Darion al'Ferran wrote:Having 110 poisoning and paralyze potions arent as good as that shit.
In some ways I agree, but I've also witnessed how good para potions are on onyx spears. A few years ago I battled against a few fencers who used para potions on their spears and it was quite unnerving- neither had close to GM base poisoning.
I found the best survival strategy for me was not to bother PvPing with them :lol:

You can be a 60 piety priest in demonskulls/invul gear and it would be a death sentence for you to fight more than one fencer with a para poisoned onyx spear. We had such an occurence a few months ago.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Edward Sinclair wrote: it would be a death sentence for you to fight more than one fencer with a para poisoned onyx spear.
Well, that's the point. Currently the fencers have the _only_ edge in PvP against Paralyze protection potion/armors.

If we could have those effects in a boosted way for high end weapons it would balance out certain classes vs fencers, right now its only based on the _rare_ luck to find the paralyzing charged items, whereas most of the time they suck aswell.

A small overview of the high tier weapons and their "abilities".

Halberd;
+ Great dmg
+ Can be poisoned/parad
+ Can be armamented

- No additional effects except only ingot.

Lance;
+ Average dmg
+ Can be poisoned/parad
+ Can be armamented
+ Additional effect

Maul;
+ Average dmg
+ Can be armamented

- No additional effects except only ingot

People are talking of "Dont nerf priests" this overview is for the 100 skill weapons and if you remember correctly Priests are capped to scepters which is a 91 skill weapons.
KaneThun

Post by KaneThun »

my sceptor of force and para charges is ready to be used to the ones who come to attack temple :twisted:
btw you can always use para protection potions. ;)
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Edward Sinclair wrote:
In some ways I agree, but I've also witnessed how good para potions are on onyx spears. A few years ago I battled against a few fencers who used para potions on their spears and it was quite unnerving- neither had close to GM base poisoning.
I found the best survival strategy for me was not to bother PvPing with them :lol:
Dont know the fact. But im quite sure, after that event in Moonglow, poisoning script has been changed few times which made paralyze potion usage utterly shit. Few weeks ago I made some tests and noticed it. I will make some new tests and post the results.

P.S Not saying poisoning needs a boost. Just making them equal with eachother.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Palma wrote:Also, making it merchant made is also unbalance as then people will make it to themselves and their friends.
That'd be worst than 3D!

If you make a Sword like, "Sword of kill", that instantly kills on hit but has like 1 use or limited uses. That's not unbalance, it's fun! Would boost the economy as people will sell it high, would make people hunt more to find them, etc. And let's say you place it in Deceit at the Void with a quest very hard to do or something. Would make robbers patrol that area more, pvp, thrill, prices, etc.
I'm not understanding your argument. Giving this ability to merchants possibly as a heighten class bonus makes sense imo as it addresses the problem of: giving people something to work for. The higher in heighten you go (Legendary / Ancient), the better success rate of producing such harder to discover items: wands of paralyzation / magic reflection / daemon / poisoning etc.
Darion al'Ferran wrote:
Edward Sinclair wrote:
Dont know the fact. But im quite sure, after that event in Moonglow, poisoning script has been changed few times which made paralyze potion usage utterly shit. Few weeks ago I made some tests and noticed it. I will make some new tests and post the results.

P.S Not saying poisoning needs a boost. Just making them equal with eachother.
Somebody that takes the time to train poisoning to GM deserves the bonus, but friends of the person that helped him train should not be able to benefit from it by having all of their weapons applied with paralyzation potions if they do not have the same level of skill to actually apply it themselves. That is my contention with poisoning atm. One person w/ gm poisoning should be able to benefit from being able to use it, but not others and we still have to consider that paralyzing repeatedly is almost an instant death sentence depending on the success rate of hits + para.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Tyrion wrote:
Palma wrote:Also, making it merchant made is also unbalance as then people will make it to themselves and their friends.
That'd be worst than 3D!

If you make a Sword like, "Sword of kill", that instantly kills on hit but has like 1 use or limited uses. That's not unbalance, it's fun! Would boost the economy as people will sell it high, would make people hunt more to find them, etc. And let's say you place it in Deceit at the Void with a quest very hard to do or something. Would make robbers patrol that area more, pvp, thrill, prices, etc.
I'm not understanding your argument. Giving this ability to merchants possibly as a heighten class bonus makes sense imo as it addresses the problem of: giving people something to work for. The higher in heighten you go (Legendary / Ancient), the better success rate of producing such harder to discover items: wands of paralyzation / magic reflection / daemon / poisoning etc.
Op stuff cannot be forged by players. It's as simple as that. While you'd sell it for 1 mil in the boards, you would give for free to your friends. Eventually everyone would make a merchant to do them, and then it doesn't sell and everyone uses it.
You can check the Smith's example, I see incredible posts made by smiths with pwnage prices without a single bid.

The reason Alchemists can make money is because players cba to make gazillions of potions for all their friends. All my buds buy to other alchemists while I myself have one. All other merchants are fucked up because of the above reason. Why would giving some merchant new stuff fix anything?
By your example, why not give scribes the ability to make solitude scrolls? Too op? Small chance then. I know I'll make a scribe then :)
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Palma wrote:Op stuff cannot be forged by players. It's as simple as that. While you'd sell it for 1 mil in the boards, you would give for free to your friends. Eventually everyone would make a merchant to do them, and then it doesn't sell and everyone uses it.
You can check the Smith's example, I see incredible posts made by smiths with pwnage prices without a single bid.

The reason Alchemists can make money is because players cba to make gazillions of potions for all their friends. All my buds buy to other alchemists while I myself have one. All other merchants are fucked up because of the above reason. Why would giving some merchant new stuff fix anything?
By your example, why not give scribes the ability to make solitude scrolls? Too op? Small chance then. I know I'll make a scribe then :)
A. Scribes (other than Imperial related) wouldn't, -RP wise-, have the basis for constructing a scroll of solitude. I do like the idea but it would only apply to Imperial since we're the only religion that can (as it should be) recruit merchants.

B. Smithies produce very strong weapons already, and sell them more often than not through private channels, more consistently with Imperial merchant blesses on (but not as often w/o heighten base skills). Most smithies around now which have trained to heighten experience the benefit of playing with some moderately higher success rate + elite produced ratio than otherwise.

Why is it so impossible to consider this as an option for our player base that craves the next challenge?