*Yoink*

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should we finally stop the *yoink* (Read before)

Yes!
12%
No.
88%

Total votes: 50

Ricardus

Re: *Yoink*

Post by Ricardus »

Dalton Azevedo wrote:
Boris wrote:As a player, I'd rather have NPC's looting my stuff, instead of leaving the valuables on the ground. The risk of decaying is too high in deep dungeons.

- Boris
I think Boris is right on this one.
Actualy i do agree with Boris too, since i don't see any change on the timers etc. Because there's allways a risk that your isp crashes and you never know for how long untill you have your internect connection back (hapens to me sometimes)! It's an acceptable solution mobs loot your gear, and then you can retrieve it alone; with friends or whatever way you find more suitable to the situation.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Imo it's fine as it is.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Ricardus

Post by Ricardus »

And if they ever stop mobs from looting you, that will make hunting more easyer since you don't have to worrie about loosing your gear (except due to decay). If the hapens, we will have people asking for no player loot too, and that my friend will lead to the old "player loot or no loot" question that made so many people angry in the past, and gave origin to lots of threads. :lol: :D
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

I see RP-wise monsters taking stuff..I remember back in the good ole days Geoffrey and the crew went to fight dragons and Geoffrey died in a spot where it glitched where you tried to open the corpse..He had full auros and indies and you could say he had a bad day. So in this case this rule would of been nice if we could have waited long enough for a GM to come by to fix the issue.
Volio

Post by Volio »

I hate to bring up old stuff, but this would have been a potentially HUGE boost to assassins.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Volio wrote:I hate to bring up old stuff, but this would have been a potentially HUGE boost to assassins.
Yeah that's the only positive in this whole thing honestly, but if it weren't for yoink...we may have many players not playing UO anymore.

If there was an easier way to get ressed and sent to your house besides running or calling friends, then I could see this having potential. Something like a Healer and Banker only accessible by ghost outside the dungeon, but that's not really Pangaea's style. Also could be abused...some way lol.
632-140-419
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

Imo every dungeon should have ankh outside that ress everyone and every time. And in places u cant return should have one too. This would make hunting more enjoyable in case u die
291-697-526
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Well, there's no need to remove the "yoink" thing.

Its only annoying if you solo stuff, but other than that its even better to yoink than see your stuff decay.

Correct?
Percy

Post by Percy »

The amount of times being yoinked has saved valuable items for me is untrue. It also gives some excitement to those who either randomly find extra items on a monster or adds roleplay value because people will ask others to retrieve their items.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Balty

Post by Balty »

Just love to see monsters go *Yoink*, big no to this