*Yoink*

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should we finally stop the *yoink* (Read before)

Yes!
12%
No.
88%

Total votes: 50

Palma

*Yoink*

Post by Palma »

Thank you for taking the time to read before answering!

Let's say you're on a normal day. You get home, your girlfriend is still at work, it's still early to go meet your friends in the bar, and you feel like playing a game for fun.
You feel the need to play UO as well as gather money for the house you always dreamed of.

But oh oh!... Your girlfriend leaves work in 1 hour, you have to pick her so you can go meet your friends. And if you leave her waiting, no humpy humpy for you tonight!

So roughly, you have 1 hour to play. There's no PVP, you love to Roleplay, but you want to do something productive. You'd like to hunt!

But then you face the question... "What if I die to the monsters and get looted...?"

We all know the answer to that question. --'

Many times we have all died deep in a dungeon, been looted by 50 creeps, and we need to spend our time, and our friends's time and patience to get our valuables. Many times we've went to rescue our friends, spent our time, dying ourselves, to rescue our friends gear.
In the end one fact is clear, we rarely ever loose anything anyway. We end up retrieving all of our stuff. Just with the cost of annoying our friends, leaving the girlfriend waiting, loosing the humpy humpy...

So how about we do this one vote, that would change our hunting to be more fun, more simple, and more active?

About the body not being looted by creeps, risking itself to decay, let's think that after we make this decision. I'm sure Wille would have a solution.

Feel free to comment and state your opinion!
Simmo

Re: *Yoink*

Post by Simmo »

Robbing in dungeons would suck then. I go pew pew die in a group of mobs and make a trollface. But i dont robb anyway so why not.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

As a player, I'd rather have NPC's looting my stuff, instead of leaving the valuables on the ground. The risk of decaying is too high in deep dungeons.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Raising the decay time perhaps? Heres plenty of happenings within last year where people have lost indies, auros etc like that. People just keep them.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

No change to decay timers. That's the deal.

- Boris
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

Palma

Post by Palma »

I don't know about everyone, but whenever I died in deep dungeons, in the very second the big mob loots me.
The time it takes to gather a party of people to come rescue, the entire dungeon is spawned.

If there's no yoink, you can quickly get ressed, lure the mob away and loot.

And why not change decay timers? It's a matter of changing a number in the script :) Ain't we done making players lives harder? People wanna play this for fun, not for annoyance.
We all seen people loosing precious gear and going offline for xx time. The times for those are over in my opinion.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Palma wrote:We all seen people loosing precious gear and going offline for xx time.
Don't see that happening on a dedicated server.

Also, everything works +/-.

NPC's don't loot (+), increase risk of decaying (-).

- Boris
Palma

Post by Palma »

Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

The idea in conception is great, but since the decay timer can't be increased I can't vote yes for it.

It does take a long time to get gear back, annoying to remember to party a friend helping. But I much rather the mobs take my gear, than rushing to get my gear back. It sucks that you can't hunt in small time periods, but I recommend quick solo hunts with a caster. Kill a couple big mobs, chance for cloths/magic items and in and out before the "girlfriend" comes over.

But who you fellas kidding?

:D