*Yoink*

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should we finally stop the *yoink* (Read before)

Yes!
12%
No.
88%

Total votes: 50

Ivan

Re: *Yoink*

Post by Ivan »

Play another game if you dont want to waste hours of time for small accident, or get friends that you can trust to take care of the shit while being away yourself.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Ivan wrote:Play another game if you dont want to waste hours of time for small accident, or get friends that you can trust to take care of the shit while being away yourself.
Yea... that's what I do...
That's like, the whole reason why I posted this lol. So people play on Pang?
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

I remember someone telling me its the thrill of being able to lose your gear Hunting/Dieing to Dungeons.. same concept. Leave it alone you said..
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Boris wrote:As a player, I'd rather have NPC's looting my stuff, instead of leaving the valuables on the ground. The risk of decaying is too high in deep dungeons.

- Boris
Nightmares, spider and some other mobs dont loot.

That's why i lost my last set set of indies, elite subs auros and so on...

Yes or No for all.

PS; I didn't vote yet.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

If the decay timer would be increased I would say yes. On the other hand this completely goes against all logic on the "thrill of the game" side people have always complained about. Like dryloot etc.
Last edited by Kent Strider on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Basicly you can cheat the system already on gear/items that are not worn.

Backpack in a backpack in a backpack in a backpack.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Boris wrote:
Backpack in a backpack in a backpack in a backpack.

- Boris
And run around naked?
I'm always having a backup set on my mount, but that doesn't save the mount being looted aswell.
Mag'etherian

Post by Mag'etherian »

I voted no.

It's the same as taking the risk to go enjoy a hunt in the same situation you gave and being robbed by players. You take the risk that you may die to mobs in a dungeon. If you've only got an hour and are affraid you'll die and lose your gear, go somewhere else that's easily done in your timeframe. I'd rather have mobs looting my gear, so I can go to my bank and get backup. I'll call on friends if I've failed to rescue my gear. As mentioned, your friends can take care of it while you're offline as well.

I like to keep my inventory neat and easy to loot back, so I normally use "Backpack in a backpack in a backpack in a backpack". Though that also makes looting my corpse faster for robbers =P
Palma

Post by Palma »

Kent Strider wrote:If the decay timer would be increased I would say yes. On the other hand this completely goes against all logic on the "thrill of the game" side people have always complained about. Like dryloot etc.
So you're saying my proposal has higher risks of loosing gear, but then you say I'm going against the logic of the "thrill of the game"...?
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Palma has a point.

From my own experiences, the yoinking just makes the player to call for help. But due to the current online numbers its close to impossible to get help + you have a risk to loose your stuff for good, since some players play "finders keepers" on Pangaea - Can you prove it? Only if its crafted armor.
Which leads for possible metagaming. Do you want that? Doupt so.
Make changes, for players not to abuse your rules. I think its enough asked from the mechanics of the game.

I'd go for the decaying time increase aswell, along removing the Yoink from all them mobs.