*Yoink*

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should we finally stop the *yoink* (Read before)

Yes!
12%
No.
88%

Total votes: 50

Kent Strider

Re: *Yoink*

Post by Kent Strider »

Lol your proposal does not have higher risks, you also asked why the decay timer would not be increased. Not trying to flame you by any means I myself would like this idea if not for the decay timer being the same. You probably hunt the same way I do with the same 2 or 3 friends everytime, this would make hunting for us a million times easier I know how it works ;) for the solo hunters it would suck.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Kent Strider wrote:for the solo hunters it would suck.
That's the point. If a player is not able to do anything alone 100% he just wont bother doing it at all.

Maybe then they will start thinking of balancing the NPC AI vs. Effort/profit
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

Solo hunters can still call for help, there are plenty of awesome people out there who are willing to help damsels in distress!
*self promotion*
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

If you die because of losing internet connection (for a longer time) and there's no looting, you can imagine what'd happen...
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Jyrgen wrote:If you die because of losing internet connection (for a longer time) and there's no looting, you can imagine what'd happen...
If you havent .grabbed your (latest?) corpse your items will magically "fly" into your bank box.

Lets call it the Pang's air conditioner?
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Boris wrote:As a player, I'd rather have NPC's looting my stuff, instead of leaving the valuables on the ground. The risk of decaying is too high in deep dungeons.

- Boris
I think Boris is right on this one.
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Its how you look at it. Top ground hunting no *Yoink!* is better, if the group you go into a dungeon with is any good again its better.

But, then if you do wipe in a dungeon on the last level to the last boss, yeah then you got a problem. But quite a few of the popular dungeons can be run trough, or some parts of them anyway.

But hey! People are always complaining about market, maybe some shit decaying be a good idea I mean after all ;) it'll cause people to buy new armor and this cloth influx will be gone.

Also what is it, about 30min for corpse + item to decay and you can always the layer the items in more bags for a longer decay time, fail to see the problem.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

well
i really hate this whole "let's spend double the time we intended for this hunt because we died" thing

and if monsters don't yoink, and we lose them, then make stuff easier to craft (and more veins and stuff) like before and economy is fixed!

people losing stuff easier, and ppl buying stuff easier = happy economy (and filthy rich merchants :D)
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Glarundis wrote:well
i really hate this whole "let's spend double the time we intended for this hunt because we died" thing

and if monsters don't yoink, and we lose them, then make stuff easier to craft (and more veins and stuff) like before and economy is fixed!

people losing stuff easier, and ppl buying stuff easier = happy economy (and filthy rich merchants :D)

Yeah then there's the argument that if someone loses hunting gear(usually top end stuff), the economy would suffer from their rage quit. Much more probable than them being happy to buy new stuff.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

if stuff would be made reasonable to craft and to find, people would afford new things with a little less money.
= no rage quit = merchants selling their products instead of having to sell stuff to npc