Hiding/Stealth Boost

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What would you like to see as hiding/stealth boost?

1. Auto-stealth attempt after hiding
31%
2. Ability to withstand damage while hidden
12%
3. Chance to hide while aggros on the screen
14%
4. Add more steps to stealth
29%
5. Counter-hiding
5%
Hiding/stealth doesn't need a boost
3%
It needs a boost, but all these options suck.
6%

Total votes: 65

Boris
Admin

Re: Hiding/Stealth Boost

Post by Boris »

xHarlequinx wrote:Couldn't it be possible to incorporate option 1 into the Hide skill itself?
They're simply two seperate skills, that should be operated seperately. It's the same thing as with 'actions and stealth' idea. If you do something, the hide simply breaks.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

Darion al'Ferran wrote:Or when you reach GM stealth, you wouldn't need to hide before using stealth?
Effectively the same thing as option 1, but option 1 means that it is also provides a slight benefit to those classes that don't get GM stealth.
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

Boris wrote:
xHarlequinx wrote:Couldn't it be possible to incorporate option 1 into the Hide skill itself?
They're simply two seperate skills, that should be operated seperately. It's the same thing as with 'actions and stealth' idea. If you do something, the hide simply breaks.

- Boris
Except if you do stealth. :p
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Voted 1 and 4. It doesn't matter much. You still got shit health and stealthing without a steed.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

xHarlequinx wrote:Except if you do stealth. :p
Yeap, but they're still two different skills and should be treated so. There's no auto function to any skill, so I don't see why there should be an exception.

What comes to targets and lets say 110 hiding, there should be no limit. If it was 100, then magical clothing would be worthless. Generally I still think the main thing with stealth is just giving more value to the skill. At the moment sneaking charges > a trained stealth and surely that's wrong.

Also, do keep in mind the current tracking hidden players update. That should already apply and if it works as planned, it should make a clear difference in the game. A 100/100 assassin is pretty untrackable, as only other assassins can track them.

- Boris
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Boris wrote:

- Boris
Option one would make training hiding and stealth way to easy
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

Boris wrote:Yeap, but they're still two different skills and should be treated so. There's no auto function to any skill, so I don't see why there should be an exception.

- Boris
Healing checks Anatomy skill. Magery checks Evaluating Intelligence skill. Magery (with armor on) checks Meditation skill. Crafting skills check Arms Lore skill. Tinkering checks ItemID skill. Animal Taming checks Animal Lore. And so on...

It's not an auto-function, it's checking another skill to determine the outcome of your action. And when it's checking this other skill, you don't get gains in the second skill, so you'd still have to train them up as normal.

(Boris, you're the dictator here, feel free to say "just not happening", but until then, I'm happy to keep debating it and see what we can get)
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

there has been quite a few times where there have been to many people for me to hide, 8-9+ and it was rather disappointing :(
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

xHarlequinx wrote:(Boris, you're the dictator here, feel free to say "just not happening", but until then, I'm happy to keep debating it and see what we can get)
Just pointing out stuff that has already been discussed on the GM boards. There should be some changes to stealth and steps, there was already the tracking hidden change and I still feel that there should be no limit of targets, when x skill.

Those are pretty clear stuff.

- Boris
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

Yaya, my comment wasn't meant to be snide in anyway, just don't want to piss you off by beating a dead horse.

I think those tweaks are great, any thing is that they don't affect assassin's combat ability or flavour at all. Maybe that's the place for backstab tweaks though...