Lances

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Wich version do you prefer?

As it is now (high variance in dmg, dismounts)
61%
Updated version (low variance in dmg, does not dismount)
39%

Total votes: 44

Mike

Re: Lances

Post by Mike »

Masano wrote:Fencers shouldnt have Lance's anyway, its a Knights weapon. Change Lance to SMS weapon- restricted to knight class. Then boost damage of the double bladed staff to compensate( although not to that of a maul, lets not get ridiculous).

This way Knight is using lance like they should be, Fencers dont care because lances sucked anyway right? and now they have a stable PvP weapon in the boosted double bladed staff.
Nope, fencers need a sparring weapon.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Masano

Post by Masano »

Ah yeah forgot about that. Move the equally shit bladed staff from SMS to Fencing and that can be the shitty sparring weapon for fencers.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Masano wrote:Ah yeah forgot about that. Move the equally shit bladed staff from SMS to Fencing and that can be the shitty sparring weapon for fencers.
Except that bladed staff does tons of damage now. I see what you're trying to do and I agree with the basic idea though.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I'm torn.

I like the idea of lances in PvP tactic, it's nice against OP Priests/Babas. But in all honesty even if you knock them off their steed, they can still swing and kill you. Embarrassing.

I say take away the dismount for more damage. I would love to stab the shit out of dragons or switch up from Archery.
632-140-419
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Yeah I might not pvp as a fencer but I do pvp against them and when you reach 60 or so AR a fencer will do little to no damage against you and really do need the power of the lance and the dismount portion isen't a part of that choice at all you need is more damage.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

You guys really should play around with the recently adjusted weapons a bit more. There's been done some significant boosts to many of the weapons giving more diversity to what you can use.
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

I'd probably roll Knight just to have Lance's, it's more realistic.

But I'm not suggesting we nerf fencers or boost sword users.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Monad wrote:You guys really should play around with the recently adjusted weapons a bit more.

No time, too busy killing orcs with Mauls <3
Volio

Post by Volio »

I like the lance -> swds suggestion. In reference to the bladed staff, that is a one-tiled weapon last I checked. Was I bugged or bugging? Either way, I don't think (too)many people would care if it were sent to fencers as a training weapon.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Volio wrote:I like the lance -> swds suggestion. In reference to the bladed staff, that is a one-tiled weapon last I checked. Was I bugged or bugging? Either way, I don't think (too)many people would care if it were sent to fencers as a training weapon.
Before stuff is being moved around there needs to be one training weapon for SMS, and one for Fencing.