Lances

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Wich version do you prefer?

As it is now (high variance in dmg, dismounts)
61%
Updated version (low variance in dmg, does not dismount)
39%

Total votes: 44

Ivan

Re: Lances

Post by Ivan »

Fencers dont need high damage pvp/pvm weapon, each fencer class has something special up in their sleeve. (archery, lockpicking etc.)

Also do not forget that pike was balanced to be as good as spear with lower speed and higher damage.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

For the past... lets say 5-6 years (as long as AOS weapons have been availible) pikes did the same damage as spears, were slower and required more skill.. Now they're fixed.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Ivan wrote:Fencers dont need high damage pvp/pvm weapon, each fencer class has something special up in their sleeve. (archery, lockpicking etc.)
what is that supposed to mean?the other classes also have something special. barbarians have 175str, that's pretty special!
the fact that assassins can get 100 poisoning but have shitty 65 healing shouldn't mean that they don't deserve to make good damage. they already suffer from having less str. same goes for the other fencers
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Glarundis wrote:
Ivan wrote:Fencers dont need high damage pvp/pvm weapon, each fencer class has something special up in their sleeve. (archery, lockpicking etc.)
what is that supposed to mean?the other classes also have something special. barbarians have 175str, that's pretty special!
the fact that assassins can get 100 poisoning but have shitty 65 healing shouldn't mean that they don't deserve to make good damage. they already suffer from having less str. same goes for the other fencers
Fencer classes tend to not to be depending on fencing itself alone, lets say baba farms money straight from monsters when th earns millions a alot faster. Archer has bows to replace that "maul", assassin is supposed to use stealth for the attacks and thief...

Archer = Awesome hunter even without awesome melee weapon
TH = Realy awesome money maker and i think it should stay as weak char so it would be an addition for group hunts
Assassin = I dont think assassin was ever created for straight head on battle

You can understand they got different kind of perks instead of just smash and slash which other classes dont have and are effective their own way.
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Dismounting is what makes the lance so special. I vote stay the same.

Kind of off topic :arrow: :arrow: I would also ask, due to the assassin having the new 160 dex cap, if the str requirement could be lowered to 90 instead of 100?
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Ivan wrote:
Fencer classes tend to not to be depending on fencing itself alone, lets say baba farms money straight from monsters when th earns millions a alot faster. Archer has bows to replace that "maul", assassin is supposed to use stealth for the attacks and thief...

Archer = Awesome hunter even without awesome melee weapon
TH = Realy awesome money maker and i think it should stay as weak char so it would be an addition for group hunts
Assassin = I dont think assassin was ever created for straight head on battle

You can understand they got different kind of perks instead of just smash and slash which other classes dont have and are effective their own way.

i agree with you on that, but the whole stealth thing and the fact that assassins shouldn't go on straight head on battles (they really shouldn't, imo) doesn't work as it should. and i don't wanna hear people saying "but i killed 5 guys with stealth attacks" while during the same playtime, his other char killed 50 in plain battle
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

What's the final answer on this?

A fencer could use the high damage weapon, this would be a great addition. There were many who voted to keep the dismount, but I rarely see anyone use it.
632-140-419
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Well, firstly I'd wait for the next weapon dmg update. There's a boost to pike and DBS. They didn't follow the same scale as other weapon categories in the first update.

- Boris
volc

Post by volc »

Boris wrote:Well, firstly I'd wait for the next weapon dmg update. There's a boost to pike and DBS. They didn't follow the same scale as other weapon categories in the first update.
A bit off topic but since fencers will have better alternatives to the spear, and spear will remain a specialized weapon with its speed, can we change it so that poison is harder to wear off from them?
So that double blades and pikes will be hard hitters and spear will be a tactical.
"Hey developer, this is Rock. Nerf Paper. Scissors is fine."
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

How poison wears off is directly linked to poisoning skill. Weapon type isn't and shouldn't be a factor.

Spears will always be spears and popular due to speed and low skill.req.

- Boris