What studded suit do you use?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

In PvP

Black Dragon
5%
Red Dragon
7%
Black Daemon
14%
Red Daemon
26%
Stone Giant
2%
Storm Giant
14%
Magic studdeds
16%
Something else (cheaper stuff)
16%

Total votes: 43

Glarundis

Re: What studded suit do you use?

Post by Glarundis »

more hides?
we have (imo) shitloads of hides/bones/ores atm and don't need more in a long long time.
i would focus more on fixing effects on all of the stuff, and specially on woods/instruments.

do we need to add more stuff or fix the current?
adding stuff is nice to make people forget about the problem for a while, with "hey, something new!" but that's it. i think it would be better to get a good system with all the materials we have (which are a lot, really). also, the same with spells. people were thinking about this arcane book and all and stuff. why not just make all the useless spells useful?there are 64 spells, and maybe people use less than 25 in pvp/pvm
Percy

Post by Percy »

Basically what he said ^.

We have way more than enough hides/ores/bones to play about with. The problem is that you don't think there's that many because we only aim for certain ones that actually do what they were intended/work a hell of a lot better than others. Which means we're limited to those 3-4 different sets and ore'd weapons.

+1 for making more of the available crafting materials more of an option when considering what effect is needed for what job.

Even different woods imo are unimpressive.

Another issue is that although indestructible/invulnerability gear has been made a lot harder to find, the gear of fortification is still way too high as well. This brings a negative effect on hides/ores/bone gear since for PvP the stuff of fortification is pretty much on parr with the higher end ores and since you can find enough of it to last an entire lifetime so to speak, nobody is willing to buy high end crafted gear to risk fighting in and having the upper edge. It's all just e/v-peen now.

I recently saw a misc. sale and off the top of my head plate arms of fortification went for something like between 6-10k. Dskull and Drock arms may give a small AR boost on top of that but considering the price difference, it's just laughable.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

that too, but i think this all is about this big problem we have in pangaea called economy.
we had a topic about that, but it seems that we need another one. it really is broken
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Back to original topic.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Jyrgen wrote:A few months ago I did a bit testing with Elya. This is what I got:
Red daemon: AR 25. ----+-+---+---------+---+-+-+------+--+-----------+--+--+-+--+------+++--++-+-------------+-----+---+++------------++----+--++------+-----++------+----------------+-----+------------------------+++---+-+-----+--+---+-+-----------+---------------+--
Black daem: AR 28. ----+---++--+-----+---+--+----+---+-+------+++----+----++-------+---+------+---+-+--+---------++--------++---+-+----+-+-+-+-+----++-+--+--+---+-+++++---+++--+-+--+-+-----+-------+--
Red dragon: AR 27. -+-++--+--+---+-+----+-+-+-++-++----------+-+----++-+-+---------+--++-----------++-+---+---++-+-+++-+---+--++-----+-----+----

Each minus indicates a non-reflected hit, plus indicates reflected it.
Statistics:
Red daemon: Reflects ca 19% of the hits.
Black daemon: Reflects ca 29% of the hits.
Red dragon: Reflects ca 31% of the hits.
Boris wrote:Well, that's the thing I pointed out. Because the red/black daemon is "too good" it reflects directly to the slightly better, but more expensive hides.

Without a Haldric-like IG test, the difference between red daemon and red dragon (what comes to reflection) should be favoring red dragon by +40%.

- Boris
Soo, is anything being done to improve the gap between black daemon and red dragon? The price difference is pretty steep at least, how about it reflects in the effect also?
Kerbal

Post by Kerbal »

I wear whatever looks the coolest. Getting the hides for a Gorilla studded set.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Seem to be some honest answers +1 (poll ones). 6 storm giant, rofl.. get out of here
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Jyrgen wrote:Soo, is anything being done to improve the gap between black daemon and red dragon?
Boost black daemon one step and it's the same as red dragon.

Plus, according to your data red dragon's the one out of scale.

- Boris
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Boris wrote:
Jyrgen wrote:Soo, is anything being done to improve the gap between black daemon and red dragon?
Boost black daemon one step and it's the same as red dragon.

Plus, according to your data red dragon's the one out of scale.

- Boris
Mm, not sure what you mean, but I meant boosting the effect or ar of red dragon, to make it match the price of the set.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Jyrgen wrote:Mm, not sure what you mean, but I meant boosting the effect or ar of red dragon, to make it match the price of the set.
My bad. For some reason I read red daemon and black daemon.

Can't boost the effect or it's the same as storm giant. AR can be boosted as it should be more than black daemon. I'll check all effect vs. AR ratios, and correct them if needed.

- Boris