Instakill

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Does it bother you to see "instakill" abilities on Pangaea?

Yes, it's unfair against them really trained characters.
62%
No, i like to onehit anyone i want! Pwft!
33%
I dont have an answer to this... i owe you a cookie.
5%

Total votes: 42

Zaradon

Instakill

Post by Zaradon »

Just a question concerning basically every mechanic of Pangaea which allows you to instakill another player.

Since some players do seem to have hassles with the few functions to allow us to onehit eachother - in the result it just demotivates us to train and whatnot.

Keep it mature folks.

Thanks
Simmo

Re: Instakill

Post by Simmo »

Im all cool if you remove from ALL not only from one class. I guess everyone is with that..
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

That's what i mean, i wouldn't of made this poll if i didn't have some ideas to back it up :)
Garr Growen

Post by Garr Growen »

Yeah instakilling is not cool in PvP, much more excitement if the fight wont end within the first second.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

I dont mind the insta kill for law/imp/necros but i would like to see an even playing field

Eg, no pre cast abilty on insta kill chants as stated in the sacrifice nerf thread. It should require you to target you enemy or pet then chant. Just like solitude.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

This poll has a hole in it also, not only this is unfair but also that some chars are way too much stronger than others is a problem in my eyes. Having absolutely no chance with highly trained chars is bothersome. (veritas, malleus and priests in general) Even if sacrifice was turned so that it couldnt instakill, rites like veritas would instantly heal the group back to full health making it pointless once again.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

It's not only the fact of close combat, do keep in mind the healing abilites vs. class
Close or ranged combat/precasting/buffers such as reactive and reflection/hiding and whatnot.
Combinations of all those would be much, much more interesting in PvP and players would use more tools to trick around with.

I personally do like all those unique mechanics and tools the Pangaea world has given to us but we just simply know the 'best' abilities to take down our enemy - which in result makes all the rest pretty much useless and causes the melodrama.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Ivan wrote:This poll has a hole in it also, not only this is unfair but also that some chars are way too much stronger than others is a problem in my eyes. Having absolutely no chance with highly trained chars is bothersome. (veritas, malleus and priests in general) Even if sacrifice was turned so that it couldnt instakill, rites like veritas would instantly heal the group back to full health making it pointless once again.
Sacrifice wouldnt be sacrifice without insta kill once agaiiiiiin its about the ability to precast run on screen and target your enemy necro has two chants it can do that with wich is bs no other class or religion can pre cast such a rite/spell.

Boris posted a list of ways to avoid it quite comical really how he thinks within a split second of someone appearing.on your screen you can do any of those on the list.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Well you can always track the mare, you see when necro comes closer, use invisible potion. Pre-casted chants fade quite fast (faster than usual mage spells). Necro sees noone on screen starts to run off and then you can go rape. But what ppl atm do? They see the nightmare and still try to fight. lololol, its called stupidity or something similar.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

With tracking you know what's out there. It's the same thing as knowing in advance, you're getting your ass solituded.

When you know that, just have a hotkey to hide or drink a potion to hide.

It's not really rocket surgery.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.