Instakill

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Does it bother you to see "instakill" abilities on Pangaea?

Yes, it's unfair against them really trained characters.
62%
No, i like to onehit anyone i want! Pwft!
33%
I dont have an answer to this... i owe you a cookie.
5%

Total votes: 42

Monad
Game Master

Re: Instakill

Post by Monad »

Johnny Walac wrote:
Monad wrote: Banshee's Wail
- Copy of Malleus, consumes 10 mana - same restrictions
That's what it reads on the implemented rite changes. It's not my fault it's not scripted correctly. I suggest to do a bug report.
Next time. Perhaps you should inform the playerbase about these changes. And not hold them on the GM forum and then be suprised when people ask questions.
How am I surprised of people asking questions? Besides it is not my duty to inform of the implemented changes but the scripter's.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

It seems it was just a mark-up mistake on our forums by marking something as implemented which wasn't – not a scripter's fault either. I'd say blame Boris.
Or Ares.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Monad wrote:blame Boris.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

And back to the original topic...

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

well, i don't like instakilling.
but if people aren't able to instakill, i think pvp will go on for a lot longer. i think if you can avoid being killed in one hit and nothing happens like, getting stuck, losing connection, lagging, you can pretty much run away to safety (unless it's hit, someone with precasted paralyze and another hit), or when you have bad luck and get hit very quickly by two different guys. anyways, people will die a lot less imo.

sacrifice is funny. it's like a portable, precastable immolation. how many seconds does immolation even take to cast?

precastable rites/spells can seriously fuck up balance.

and the tracking thing, come on...are you going to track non stop and try to find that nightmare in your tracking list when you have to heal and use other skills?chances are, you will not be tracking the moment that nightmare is going to come at you. or are law supposed to get a monk to track non-stop. i really mean non-stop, and shouting SACRIFICE INCOMING every now and then?yes, it's a tactic against sacrifice but....
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Sacrifice does have a lot of kick, but there are more ways to fight against it than Solitude for example. In case of Solitude, if you get targeted behind guards, you know you will drop. When you track or see an incoming necromancer with a pet, it's rather easy just to hide. Priests and casters may have low hiding skill, but in such a case an invisibility potion will be useful.

Negation is highly powerful as well. I mean, it's the same thing if a caster did a spell, wich would disable the use of rites.

- Boris
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

You're giving tools for religions to disable magic.
But there's nowhere near any ability for a non-religion player to disable rite casting.

Obviously there must be another solution than killing the rite user?

It's boring - we all know that.

Wood types, music instruments - none of them disable anything for religions where religions have WAY too many advantages in both, PvP, PvM and even player online time control?

Well, i just did some comparing...

Over and out.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

from the other topic
Monad wrote:Three pages of posts but not a single idea how you'd suggest it to be nerfed.
2 nerfs.
1-animal is dead for good.
2-necromancer also dies with the sacrifice. you know, they like the netherworld and all (lol, you figure out if it's a joke or not). it's a joke. or is it?

now, i think the problematic part really is the precasting thing, but apparently from the other topic you guys don't want that.

about suggestions to counter sacrifice, let's see.

i think the simplest thing, but it's not really a good thing since you'll be scattered, is to not go together in groups, but then you'll be cannon fodder.

shockwave potion has a delay, you will be dead before it "explodes"
Boris wrote:In case of Solitude, if you get targeted behind guards, you know you will drop.
what is this supposed to mean?if you see a pet and a necro, you know you will die too :D
as for "ppl can't tell if they're being solituded or not". the difference is when you die to solitude, you will think to yourself "damn, i was solituded" and with sacrifice you can say "damn i'm going to be sacrificed" one second before you die. so i think necromancers are good people because they let people know they will die xD

and on the other topic

- Veritas to squelch - this is preventing sacrifice chant. it's not escaping from one once it has been casted already. if you squelch the necro, he can wait and sacrifice when he's no longer squelched.
- Don't run in a ball - fair enough
- Negation field - this, imo, is the option to go with
- Use tracking - like i said before, you can't track non-stop, there's other things to be done while in pvp
- Divine sanctity - you need to cast that shit on all your members and it survives one sacrifice. after that, some other necro can make another sacrifice right after it (or even minutes later), but you can't really make divine sanctity on all your party again. this can work though, if you go full force ahead against the necro, survive the first sacrifice and rape him, hoping that there isn't a second necromancer waiting to send in another pig in flames.
- Attack pet - what do you mean?before sacrifice is casted? fair enough, but another pet can come, and this means your team has to be 100% offensive for this, there's no standing back (which is a good thing imo :D)
- Use freedom on pet - erm?
- Use hiding skill - i never tried this, but if the necro sends animal at you and therefore it's a hostile, you can't hide right?
- Use an invisibility potion - you have 1 second to do this, if you fail, you're dead

ok another one. the guy who gets targeted by the necro gets the message saying he's getting attacked, and he can shout IG or in whatever program they are using "SACRIFICE ALERT!"

in general, negation field is what i'd use and what i think is easy enough to use

but it's a public knowledge that i suck in pvp right?so i'm expecting posts saying "you don't know shit, it's easy to counter it, i can do it. shut up"

strangely enough, i think sacrifice is more OP than solitude, however, there are more ways to (attempt to) survive sacrifice while with solitude you can just try to die in a safe place?
but in current pvp, i think it can be quite complex, only negation field makes it safe

IDEA!

remove the still shitty song of stunning for, song of sacrifice resistance. yeah?!yeah!!!!
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

You don't have to track all the time. You can keep you track on the enemy, or if you're wise, on the pet.

The range is not the whole screen. When you get the (you see:), you can hit a macro to hide instantly.

- Boris
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Elya trolled me once. I ran with sacrifice mare, fucker paralyzed mare, ran 18 tile or something and solitude. I was like paralyzed IRL, was thinking what the fuck just happened.