Instakill

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Does it bother you to see "instakill" abilities on Pangaea?

Yes, it's unfair against them really trained characters.
62%
No, i like to onehit anyone i want! Pwft!
33%
I dont have an answer to this... i owe you a cookie.
5%

Total votes: 42

Glarundis

Re: Instakill

Post by Glarundis »

yes boris, but it prevents you from doing other useful tracking.
you can hide, but then you are stuck there...if all your team hide, it's a bit risky to "stand still" hiding waiting for anything that can come from the opposing side.

lol simmo that was funny :D
but elya did soli behind guards?otherwise you could have just gone past the paralyzed mare and chase her and she wouldn't have been able to cast it.all those seconds should be enough time for you to not stand still :D
but it must've fucked up your brain, i would most likely be "wtf?" too

but boris, what about the bard song?*winks* ;)
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Happened behind GY, and kill him with what? I cant step down on my current mare, 1 releases. You wont kill him with staffbeat and wraithsbreath just (soli is quite fast also). This was a death i wasnt mad on, laughed a lot after that. But Elya sometimes is a good example with inventing new shit, like paralyze+fire field+pwn him after that combo (removes all fire resist charges with field).
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

why would you have to step down on your mare to chase her?i'm not saying it would be easy to do it and be ready for such thing that happened, but wraith's breath is quite fast, you can get 2 wraith's breaths + staff hits in one solitude right?if the 12 seconds solitude someone said are right
Mike

Post by Mike »

I'm against instakill things in general because of how cheap they are and how they tend to shut down pvp. Not been at the recieving end of a sacrifice other than as friendly fire, so this is based on my experiece of solitude.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It's easy to create a 150dmg cap for any spell or rite.

That's a viable option instead of targeting one spell.

- Bori
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

if we make a cap like that, based on what do we say it's 150?
150 won't save magic users and fencers from being instakilled. but then again, are they supposed to not be instakilled?what about the other chars?why do they deserve to not be instakilled?instakilling sucks, but putting a cap is not the way to go. it will nerf whatever would go past 150 by a lot, but those spells/rites that would be just a tiny less than 150 will actually become better and more used. (not saying there are such rites and spells, just making a point here). it would be better to just lower damage of everything by % so that less instakills will happen.

same with weapons, it should happen less. sacrifice/solitude/kill instakills suck. but those are magic things. instakills by physical weapons are way more annoying imo. you wanna try to get a shot at fighting the other guy, you run in, and then, all tactics/gears/skills you have mean nothing. you just died.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Glarundis wrote:you wanna try to get a shot at fighting the other guy, you run in, and then, all tactics/gears/skills you have mean nothing. you just died.
Sounds like fighting against sacrifice. Instakilling with weapons isn't the problem imo, that happens quite rarely anyway.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

between giving instakilling possibility to a metal weapon or a magic fucked up shit, i would give it to the magic fucked up shit
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Boris wrote:It's easy to create a 150dmg cap for any spell or rite.

That's a viable option instead of targeting one spell.

- Bori

Yaaayyy, a boost for Priests/Babas/Knights.

See, I can whine too.
632-140-419
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

sorry day behind on this,

cant speak for other religions but we as law dont actually use negation field unless we are in real trouble cause all of AP would just leave and it would be exceedingly boring, and we'd never get any pvp

also invisibility potions... unless your tracking the nightmare there is no way you are going to be able to use it in time, even if they were assigned to a hotkey