Instakill

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Does it bother you to see "instakill" abilities on Pangaea?

Yes, it's unfair against them really trained characters.
62%
No, i like to onehit anyone i want! Pwft!
33%
I dont have an answer to this... i owe you a cookie.
5%

Total votes: 42

Simmo

Re: Instakill

Post by Simmo »

Jyrgen wrote:The part I fail to understand is how it's metagaming if you stay inside city if it's not safe to go out of the city.
He didnt say anything about metagaming (if you think the last post, if i missed then srysrysry). Id make a whole new topic about nerfing intakill shots + 1 chant rites. Would actually chase people with scepter, people getting away, laughing your ass off if getting instad by scepter. Last time i remember such PvP was when swedish guys were forever alone in tekstone (2 years ago??). They were attacking brit and few lawture were standing against but getting always pwned. Dat i liked.

And about RP, ya true a lack. Would be awesome to send a messenger from both sides to do the RP and then leave peacfully to the troops and share the info. At the moment RP ends then goes BOOM VERITAS MALLEUS KEEN, KILL, SACRIFICE and all of us whine :D
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

oh i remember when i was in tekstone many years ago, we'd go to the graveyard.
and we'd stay there roleplaying for a while before the fight started :P
Elwood McCormick

Post by Elwood McCormick »

Sadly i cant find it anymore...but on the Pangaea Homepage or the forum...i read something that made me laugh, it goes like this: Fighting things that kill you in one or two hits should be left to morons..........Guess only morons PvP then?
(again no offence to anyone, i just think this is extremely funny.)

For the metagaming thing: When paladins wont come out of the city to protect innocents barely 10 steps away from guard zone because Quote: They'l just get instakilled. I consider this metagaming.

Ex: Humm yes we SHOULD do something and help you out since we are Law enforcers, but they are going to insta kill us with sacrifice or kill, so we don't want to.....Just stay inside city and let them terrorize the rest of sosaria. If they come inside city, then it's us who can instakill them!
So much for the virtues of Sacrifice, Valor, Honor and Justice. They all got owned by fear of death and losing gear.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Elwood McCormick wrote: Ex: Humm yes we SHOULD do something and help you out since we are Law enforcers, but they are going to insta kill us with sacrifice or kill, so we don't want to.....Just stay inside city and let them terrorize the rest of sosaria. If they come inside city, then it's us who can instakill them!
So much for the virtues of Sacrifice, Valor, Honor and Justice. They all got owned by fear of death and losing gear.
The land is...ours? Primo Victoria. Keep your filthy city to yourself.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

When I look at the choices in this poll it makes me go "You had one job to do!"

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Demian

Post by Demian »

Elwood McCormick wrote:Sadly i cant find it anymore...but on the Pangaea Homepage or the forum...i read something that made me laugh, it goes like this: Fighting things that kill you in one or two hits should be left to morons..........Guess only morons PvP then?
(again no offence to anyone, i just think this is extremely funny.)

For the metagaming thing: When paladins wont come out of the city to protect innocents barely 10 steps away from guard zone because Quote: They'l just get instakilled. I consider this metagaming.

Ex: Humm yes we SHOULD do something and help you out since we are Law enforcers, but they are going to insta kill us with sacrifice or kill, so we don't want to.....Just stay inside city and let them terrorize the rest of sosaria. If they come inside city, then it's us who can instakill them!
I'm pretty sure you'd see things differently if you actually tried fighting necros yourself. It's not exactly fun to get instakilled 24/7 to precasted crap.

EDIT: And wheres the metagaming part? We are there to defend the town and warning citizens but if you want to be a tard, sure, go and die.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

This should be decided already.

The staff could work towards it as the voting favors more against instakilling abilities.

Thanks for the voting/discussing.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

There are no automatic instakills. Everything's based on dice and how they're rolled.

Otherwise, thread locked by request.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.