Veritas Global?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Global Veritas (law,nature,tek,imp)?

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 26

Mike

Re: Veritas Global?

Post by Mike »

Simmo wrote:With mana consumption you nerf PvM! Loot is bad as it is, dont nerf PvM. But if this is what to takes to get more equal pvp, go for it.

Darion; Swarm is bad in nature unless you got 110 medi + kickass holy symbol + l33t tome + 40 piety (minimum) and then you barely get wisps. Swarm is mostly for 60 piety in nature or 50. Silence is cool, but not for pvp. Too much hazzle for that, rather go for dmg rites while the opponent is paralyzed.
I think Tek and Nature swarm is the same in terms of getting wisps. I think it's fine, priests shouldn't pokehunt and they shouldn't rely too much on summons for the same reason.

Pre-nerf silence was good in pvp. I know I used it when we attacked Imperial, kept a few of them from using holy word over walls. I don't know how it is now, but the reason it was good is that it can be used on someone who's just poking out or running away with full health, where no damage rite would make any difference. Maybe the duration is too short to be useful in pvp now?
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

What I would do is the following:

1. I'd remove the DAMAGE from PvP.

2. I'd boost its healing abilities to you and your friends to make it a defensive ritual. This means if someone dies, you gather around him and while one guy is resurrecting him the rest keep healing each other with veritas making it hard for your enemies to kill any of you. Yes, people can do that even now so how this differs from the current is the fact that it won't damage your enemy giving them a FAIR chance to TRY to kill more of you while you're busy. Right now it's impossible since if you get near, the damage from 5 simultaneous veritas is enough to kill you. Without the damage it would be fair for the first time in a long time.

3. Most importantly, I would also add a tactical "interupt" feature to veritas in PvP. This means if your enemy is casting something longer (Plague, paralyze, poison wind, guards, solitude), you can interupt his casting with veritas as well as squelch him for a short time. This would make the ritual extremely good, tactical and useful in PvP without being the only thing used, without being the one ritual to rely on.

Right now PvP against a religion with Veritas, if you yourself don't have one, is EXTREMELY boring and lame. If you do manage to kill one, they gather around and spam veritas until the fallen is resurrected and healed. You can't get near them or you die. I still remember a fight when me (80 piety), Selena(60 piety), Talerco(60 piety) and Andrew(60 piety) killed one Law while Methril and Andrew of Law spammed veritas while third of them resurrected the fallen. We thought it was four of us and we could take them if we just rush in and hit the same guy at the same time. Well all targeted Methril, we all rushed in, we all died and Methril stood unharmed. Four high piety priests weren't able to hit him down while covered in veritas spam. The point of the story is that the fight is mostly about dodging veritas after veritas with occasional malleus. Unless you have veritas yourself, you have no way to stop it. So either give everyone an equal veritas so we can squelch each other stopping veritas spam altogether and thus balance the fight, or change veritas to above - I'd prefer above since then the fight is more about PvP (= PLAYER versus PLAYER) and more about using your own personal skills.

Law would still have Malleus which can be used as a very tactical damage ritual, but which isn't OP... and hopefully Tekstone would have keening which is more or less equal to Malleus and also used as a tactical ritual (However, not working as intended currently due to being squelched all the time).
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Tekstone using veritas to kill undeads.... hmm RPish!

Darians idea is more than viable but still its not brocken so why change it, unlike some things currently in pvp world.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Biggs wrote:Tekstone using veritas to kill undeads.... hmm RPish!

Darians idea is more than viable but still its not brocken so why change it, unlike some things currently in pvp world.
If you had fought against the veritas wall as many times as I have without having a chance to stop the spam (As in, can't cast my own veritas to squelch them), you would not say that. It is extremely broken, in fact it's so broken it's not even PvP anymore, it's not one player against another player when it's one-sided and all you do is click one button repeately.

And why can't we kill undeads with veritas? We already kill a lot of them and daemons with our scepters! Using your logic we would all have zero piety due to bad RP. As long as the skeletons and daemons try to kill us, we kill them.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Darian Darkmind wrote:

If you had fought against the veritas wall as many times as I have without having a chance to stop the spam (As in, can't cast my own veritas to squelch them), you would not say that. It is extremely broken, in fact it's so broken it's not even PvP anymore, it's not one player against another player when it's one-sided and all you do is click one button repeately.

And why can't we kill undeads with veritas? We already kill a lot of them and daemons with our scepters! Using your logic we would all have zero piety due to bad RP. As long as the skeletons and daemons try to kill us, we kill them.
You go on like i dont know what its like to fight against law... :D

and yeh you shouldnt have 0 piety but you shouldnt have rituals in your tome to fight undeads dennac would not be best pleased.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Um.. Why would Dennac give a shit about undeads? ;D

Never the less get back on topic this isen't an issue of RP it's an issue about balance and wheater we want to pvp or not.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

It is brocken, been brocken for years, been brocken after the nerfs, still brocken, what is brocken needs to be made unbrocken
I whine, therefore I am
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

:lol: I have not yet heard any reason for tekstone to recieve the veritas rite.
Just whine sabout how hard it is to loot... :?
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Biggs wrote::lol: I have not yet heard any reason for tekstone to recieve the veritas rite.
I think i wrote the "why" down. Its because the unbalanced pvp.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Simmo wrote:
Biggs wrote::lol: I have not yet heard any reason for tekstone to recieve the veritas rite.
I think i wrote the "why" down. Its because the unbalanced pvp.
He probably didn't bother to read it, just saw the topic and said no 'cos it's not brocken
I whine, therefore I am