Veritas Global?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Global Veritas (law,nature,tek,imp)?

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 26

Biggs

Re: Veritas Global?

Post by Biggs »

Johnny Walac wrote:I haven't seen a single good argument in this thread why Veritas shouldn't be global.

No Biggs. Brocken does not count.
the fact that it kills undead is more than enough reason to currently not have veritas included into tekstones tome... stop thinking pvp and think of the ritual as a whole and the roleplay. Cause this is a roleplay shard after all and not a russian pk server.

darian was on the right track by thinking up changes for veritas to make it fit into each religion...
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Biggs wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:I haven't seen a single good argument in this thread why Veritas shouldn't be global.

the fact that it kills undead is more than enough reason to currently not have veritas included into tekstones tome... stop thinking pvp and think of the ritual as a whole and the roleplay. Cause this is a roleplay shard after all and not a russian pk server.
Wait-W-what? You serious? It kills undeads? Aight. You really have no clue what you are talking about. Obviously you have no argument at all and your just here to greif.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Biggs wrote:Law/Imp. [gaurdians of people]
Nature.
Tekstone.

my verison of natural order.
That doesn't make any sense, or I just don't get what you're saying. What do you base your order on: RP, IG something or others? Not clear what you mean. I/we been told that Imperial is a defensive religion. That somewhat makes sense because of our RP (isolationist / working towards a self-subsistence based realm), yet, we're the religion that is supposed to be responsible for sieging, however, do not have a siege rite nor does a siege system exist, :\. . . . My point is that if this is a first step on the path to 1:1 balance then I would support it so long as the changes do not adversely affect one religion overly much so that a shift in power occurs overnight.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Biggs wrote:

darian was on the right track by thinking up changes for veritas to make it fit into each religion...
Roleplay is not an argument it's just the fluff you add afterwards.

If the Zerg race is based around lots of cheap and quick to build units that are on the weak side in damage and hit points, and they need a slower, stronger and more damaging unit as a counter to other races, Blizzard makes the unit and balances it mechanically. Then they add the fluff to explain what it is and why it deviates from the previous norm. Then you have a Brood Lord. It's an entirely different discussion. The mechanics have to be right before you even get into roleplay.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Biggs wrote:more reasons why maybe one will come up and it will change my vote "fairness" "balance" and such isnt a reason because there is suppose to be a natural order within religions if you want veritas and get it so its easyer to loot... it will be solitude or aura or merchent bless/mob curse in future because its "balance" ....
It would be balanced if it indeed is either solitude or aura, either veritas or malleus, either guards... and so on... for all religions.

However, what you fail to see now, which you often saw when you were in Imperial is that ALL of these rituals are in the same package. How is that balance when you yourself said it's either this or that, not all? How stoopid are you.

Natural order is that the fastest eat the slow. Natural order is that the stronger beat the weaker. Natural order is that those who train harder, usually do better. Natural order is that the rich get richer while poor get poorer. Pangaea has nothing to do with natural order. Here the natural order of things are constantly fought against by giving the weak more means to fight the strong, by preventing the strong to triumph. If there was any natural order, Law would no longer exist... Imperial would be the new Law, Lord Blackthorne would be throned king... this is if Tekstone hadn't completely destroyed Imperial as well. Acutally, no, unlike in real world in a MMORPG the natural order depends of the players and because of that the order goes in circles. This is because players change their minds. Law would lead until the stronger players join Imperial to defeat Law. Imperial would lead until the stronger players get bored and join back to Law to defeat Imperial. Older players quit, new players learn the game. New players grow stronger and do the same. The circle will never end and the crown keeps changing hands. However, in here, over a decade now the Staff of Pangaea has desperately tried to fight and prevent the natural order of things occuring by constantly making new rules to make the life of reds harder, tweaking rituals (Boosting or nerfing) and all in all trying to make sure that Law will always triumph. This is understandable because of their black and white view of running things, everyone seem to think Law must exist so that our precious newbies are safe, but they fail to see that the PLAYERS in Imperial or Tekstone would do a lot better job defending the newbies should they be given a chance... should natural order be allowed to happen! For example if Imperial defeated Law, they would of course run the kingdom themseld. They would have no need to harm the neutral citizens since they are no longer their enemies, they are their friends and citizens now. The newbies remain safe with the exception that now a lot more stronger players are protecting them against Tekstone and robbers. Or if Tekstone would take over, then they become our citizens, we'd have a kingdom and we would protect them... and I'm 100% sure that the random newbie is more safe with Tekstone protecting them (Due to our alliances with the "baddies" meaning we can stop people from robbing), then Law or Imperial combined. I'm sure you Biggs, reading this think it's ridiculous thinking that Tekstone could have a kingdom that we are murderers, criminals and only want to destroy, but the beauty of natural order is that you are a murderer and a criminal only if you lose the war... if you win, you're a hero... and if things were allowed to have Natural order, we would had won five years ago already.

TL;DR You are selfish, a victim of old habits and unable to think outside the box.
Last edited by Darian Darkmind on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Biggs wrote:

Doesn't that basically mean that tekstone is not allowed to use "freedom" rite simply because it kills the undead? Necromancers are encouraged to join tekstone as they deal with death and undead, but then they have a rite that kills undead? Where's your RP in that?
I whine, therefore I am
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Biggs wrote:

To be honest, I do not care less even if Veritas did nothing in PvM as long as it is changed in PvP and given to everyone. An interupting ritual that squelches is what all our tomes are missing and what is badly needed to balance the tomes as a whole. If we had a ritual to interupt casting, we can finally fight against solitude, guards, imprisonment, banishment or any other of the very strong, but slower ritual.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Mike wrote:
Biggs wrote:

Roleplay is not an argument it's just the fluff you add afterwards.

If the Zerg race is based around lots of cheap and quick to build units that are on the weak side in damage and hit points, and they need a slower, stronger and more damaging unit as a counter to other races, Blizzard makes the unit and balances it mechanically. Then they add the fluff to explain what it is and why it deviates from the previous norm. Then you have a Brood Lord. It's an entirely different discussion. The mechanics have to be right before you even get into roleplay.
Would be the main reason why there has been so little activity IG. Shard activity is based on 2 factors: RP events IG and scripting (which effects RP IG). In most cases, yes, the scripting initiates the RP. I could be wrong in my assumption but I imagine the entire point of double gain week was to spark activity on the server, which is a noble endeavor. I'm afraid that without the scripting element it may have been a better idea to just leave the double gain week on indefinitely so that people can train and then RP.

Edit: Anyways, I'm getting offtopic with my posts now. I've stated my piece. Onto the next one.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
Biggs wrote:more reasons why maybe one will come up and it will change my vote "fairness" "balance" and such isnt a reason because there is suppose to be a natural order within religions if you want veritas and get it so its easyer to loot... it will be solitude or aura or merchent bless/mob curse in future because its "balance" ....
It would be balanced if it indeed is either solitude or aura, either veritas or malleus, either guards... and so on... for all religions.

However, what you fail to see now, which you often saw when you were in Imperial is that ALL of these rituals are in the same package. How is that balance when you yourself said it's either this or that, not all? How stoopid are you.

Natural order is that the fastest eat the slow. Natural order is that the stronger beat the weaker. Natural order is that those who train harder, usually do better. Natural order is that the rich get richer while poor get poorer. Pangaea has nothing to do with natural order. Here the natural order of things are constantly fought against by giving the weak more means to fight the strong, by preventing the strong to triumph. If there was any natural order, Law would no longer exist... Imperial would be the new Law, Lord Blackthorne would be throned king... this is if Tekstone hadn't completely destroyed Imperial as well. Acutally, no, unlike in real world in a MMORPG the natural order depends of the players and because of that the order goes in circles. This is because players change their minds. Law would lead until the stronger players join Imperial to defeat Law. Imperial would lead until the stronger players get bored and join back to Law to defeat Imperial. Older players quit, new players learn the game. New players grow stronger and do the same. The circle will never end and the crown keeps changing hands. However, in here, over a decade now the Staff of Pangaea has desperately tried to fight and prevent the natural order of things occuring by constantly making new rules to make the life of reds harder, tweaking rituals (Boosting or nerfing) and all in all trying to make sure that Law will always triumph. This is understandable because of their black and white view of running things, everyone seem to think Law must exist so that our precious newbies are safe, but they fail to see that the PLAYERS in Imperial or Tekstone would do a lot better job defending the newbies should they be given a chance... should natural order be allowed to happen! For example if Imperial defeated Law, they would of course run the kingdom themseld. They would have no need to harm the neutral citizens since they are no longer their enemies, they are their friends and citizens now. The newbies remain safe with the exception that now a lot more stronger players are protecting them against Tekstone and robbers. Or if Tekstone would take over, then they become our citizens, we'd have a kingdom and we would protect them... and I'm 100% sure that the random newbie is more safe with Tekstone protecting them (Due to our alliances with the "baddies" meaning we can stop people from robbing), then Law or Imperial combined. I'm sure you Biggs, reading this think it's ridiculous thinking that Tekstone could have a kingdom that we are murderers, criminals and only want to destroy, but the beauty of natural order is that you are a murderer and a criminal only if you lose the war... if you win, you're a hero... and if things were allowed to have Natural order, we would had won five years ago already.

TL;DR You are selfish, a victim of old habits and unable to think outside the box.
Pretty much sums it up.

+1
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Talerco Pious wrote:
Biggs wrote:

Doesn't that basically mean that tekstone is not allowed to use "freedom" rite simply because it kills the undead? Necromancers are encouraged to join tekstone as they deal with death and undead, but then they have a rite that kills undead? Where's your RP in that?
IF I was in tekstone I would not use any of the rituals granted to me to defeat undeads. nor should freedom damage undeads it should simply remove them from the pvm area [like natures freedome ritual]. However this would make some dungeons to easy to complete. [granted with less loot but still too easy]

Therefor yes Tekstone weapon blesses, freedom or rituals should not damage or add extra damage too undeads... you may call this griefing I'd call it common sense when playing that character where scripting does not restrict you, you must restrict yourself. But that would be opening a whole differnt can of worms.