Which character would you rather play: Good or Evil?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Which one are you?

1. Good!
27%
2. Evil!
28%
3. I join whichever side is weaker!
38%
4. I join whichever side is stronger!
7%

Total votes: 60

Darian Darkmind

Which character would you rather play: Good or Evil?

Post by Darian Darkmind »

So which kind of character would you prefer to play if given a free choice?

Both sides are equally strong game-wise. Also, let's say there's already 1 million players on both side so your decicion to join whichever side does not make a difference in the game environment itself.

I'd also like to know if a change in balance would change your opinion. Meaning, if instead of having 1 million players on both sides, we had 1½ millions on one side, and only half a million on the other, would this change your pick? Do you prefer the challenge over good and evil.

Also a fourth option for those who always choose the winning side.

Are you rather a good, just and honorable character,
a wicked, vicious and evil character,
A brave one to stand against the strong
... or a chicken hiding behind the strong

I added two votes for everyone in case you want to pick 3 or 4 as well. Meaning, if you prefer to be good, but always join the weaker side instead, then cast the votes to those two options. If you do not care about which side is stronger or weaker, then cast only one vote on either good or evil.

I repeat, you all have TWO votes in case the strength of the sides matter to you
Last edited by Darian Darkmind on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zaradon

Re: Which character would you rather play: Good or Evil?

Post by Zaradon »

3. I join whichever side is weaker!

Meaning, bad sides always have better numbers and whatnot. Experiences have shown that "Bad guys" have it all when the "Good guys" are just taking a step forward.

So for the challenge, i pick the ones who are weaker. Sometimes, there are "Bad guys" who are crushed to dust and ashes and need some revival and i guess i can be counted as mainly a supporter.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I don't care which side is good or bad. I usually go with the side that has a more believable narrative, better graphics, or I can somehow identify with to a higher degree. A year ago I joined the Empire in Skyrim, if I played it again today I would go with the Stormcloaks.

I would go with the side that has less people, all other things equal, because I like a challenge. It would take a lot of persuade me to change sides if our side managed to get the advantage though.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

I'd honestly like to play both.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Playing both and will do it always.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Don't ruin the poll guys, try to figure out what the OP is about instead.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

OP = Original Post

REMINDER: You all have TWO votes so you can vote either good or evil which ever you prefer most, and additionaly you can cast another vote on options 3 and 4 IF they make a difference to your pick.

I personally have always played a good character. UO is the only difference and this was due to the fact that when I originally joined Tekstone, Tekstone was weak and dead (3 players, me included). I wanted to show everyone you can do fine in Tekstone even if the whole shard was against you.

I'd still like to play a good Law character instead, I enjoy staying in the town, talking to people and having casual fun. However, the thing is, it's just so damn boring on the long run due to the fact that the "evil" side is still very weak. If the shard was overrun by Tekstone or Imperial, if there was constant battle going on I'd join the good side instead (and if there wasn't a restriction that you can only have character in one religion, because I don't feel like deleting my 10 years of work either)

So I preferably play a good character, but I also want challenge, because challenge gives you opportunities to become something more... and overcoming challenges gives you a feeling of actually achieving something.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

I'll join the weaker side but like Mike said if we get the advantage I wouldn't switch sides.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
dwight

Post by dwight »

Evul side