Fishsteaks!

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What price should vendors pay for 1 fishsteak?

4gps (currently)
17%
5gps
83%

Total votes: 24

Boris
Admin

Fishsteaks!

Post by Boris »

Cooks know what I'm talking about.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Biggs

Re: Fishsteaks!

Post by Biggs »

I ain't no cook but it's have to be 4.

reason: three gm resource skills
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Back in the day the price was 5gps per steak. It was changed to 4gps to create more player-player interaction/sales. I understand the reasons behind the price drop, but the idea failed. It may sound like "only" 1gp, but when you're selling a pile of 60'000 fishsteaks, they add up.

- Boris
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

aren't cooks good enough as it is?i really have no idea, ppl just told me they're fine to make money.
not from player sales though...but what do you expect when all you need is always the same old type of food, all the time, forever?
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Yes, needs to go back to 5gp. It killed the class, made it only material gatherer when they are clearly cooks.

The alchemists and tinkers don't need NPC sales because they can make so much selling to the public daily. Just stop being lazy, gather the resources and you have 100's of thousands of gold easily. Just as easy as fishing.
632-140-419
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Glarundis wrote:aren't cooks good enough as it is?i really have no idea, ppl just told me they're fine to make money.
If you don't know, why are you commenting based on what people have told you? Personally I think the vendor base buying price increase is fine, however, I'd like to understand the reasoning behind it, since the class is capable of farming gold via other avenues.
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Tyrion wrote:
Glarundis wrote:aren't cooks good enough as it is?i really have no idea, ppl just told me they're fine to make money.
If you don't know, why are you commenting based on what people have told you? Personally I think the vendor base buying price increase is fine, however, I'd like to understand the reasoning behind it, since the class is capable of farming gold via other avenues.

Cooks.. They should be able to make the majority of their money from cooking.. Not from doing a blacksmiths mining job, or carpenters harvesting job. This would be an excellent reversal of a nerf.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It's good to keep in mind the drop wasn't made because cooks made easy money too fast. The idea was that cooks would continue selling fishsteaks 5gps to players and if they're lazy, they can sell them for a lower price to vendors. That does make sense, but the problem lies in the market. Basicly any class can pick crops and casters can use magic to summon food (=food has no real value). Even if you do find a customer that buys lets say 10'000 fishsteaks... how long will it take for the same customer to buy again? It's a long time and there are other cooks as well to buy from.

I think it's better just to accept the fact, that cooks are a "vendor sell" class. No need to make it more complicated.

- Boris
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

I bet they deserve that 5gp back. Problem is that its hard to find a cook with sushi! Cba to eat 15 pieces of steak to get full ;D