Nature Decoration

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should it be offensive to Nature?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:15 pm

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 17

Daren Priesten

Nature Decoration

Post by Daren Priesten »

We have fellow treasure hunters that accompany us on our hunts and they of course get trophies of bears, and bear rugs etc..

Now the poll is this: Nature is against killing animals and such but if there is a found item that is a bear rug or a trophy or what not, do you think that is Nature-like? Or do you think that if we were to have such things decorated in a house it would be against what we stand for as The Order of Nature?

I made this poll to see what you all think because I can see both sides. Would having such decorations in a Nature house cause piety drop you think?
Johnny Walac

Re: Nature Decoration

Post by Johnny Walac »

I remember this being a popular topic. But all HP's I had said it was okey with the decorations. I agree with them.
Sparring with animals and such was also okey. There was a ridiculious rule that Nature cannot wear bone which I think I had removed. The Old Nature RP was filled with fanatics. But by removing those HC rules you can create more RP and have fun.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Don't really see anything wrong with rugs, but I'd say stuffed animals heads are a bit cocky.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

I think it should be okay and then again I can see the morality of actually putting up a once alive animal on the walls. I think it could go either way, but with this poll I will know what most people think if they were to enter a Nature's house and see such a thing on the wall.

About the bone thing - I don't have a problem with using bone armour I just think the helmet should be fortified or not used at all. Bone helmets are not very Nature-like. Maybe I'll make that another poll.
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Boris wrote:Don't really see anything wrong with rugs, but I'd say stuffed animals heads are a bit cocky.

- Boris
Thanks, we did want to put a rug down that was found but wasn't sure how you all would react to that.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Just say it's plastic imitations...? :P
Mike

Post by Mike »

Boris wrote:Don't really see anything wrong with rugs, but I'd say stuffed animals heads are a bit cocky.

- Boris
I agree. I would consider anything that has a practical purpose to be OK - steaks, rugs, bone armor, hide armor etc. A trophy is more about the hunter's pride over killing his prey which does not fit the natural philosophy.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

you can work around it
nature respect gaea and what she made
this doesn't mean that nature are stupid people that can't kill things..if they believe in nature, they know death is a part of it aswell. even having a trophy bear in your house could be ok. if instead of looking at the bear was something inferior, you look at it as something against which you fought and won in a fair nature fight.
but whatever...let ppl play the game..next thing we're gonna complain against tekstone killing undeads like we've seen before and law supporting blue necros and druids helping tekstone and whatever...
let ppl play the game. it's a bunch of pixels. if we're going to be so hc rp, we'd need to do a lot more than to think wether or not a trophy bear is fine for OoN lol
Mike

Post by Mike »

Glarundis wrote:you can work around it
nature respect gaea and what she made
this doesn't mean that nature are stupid people that can't kill things..if they believe in nature, they know death is a part of it aswell. even having a trophy bear in your house could be ok. if instead of looking at the bear was something inferior, you look at it as something against which you fought and won in a fair nature fight.
but whatever...let ppl play the game..next thing we're gonna complain against tekstone killing undeads like we've seen before and law supporting blue necros and druids helping tekstone and whatever...
let ppl play the game. it's a bunch of pixels. if we're going to be so hc rp, we'd need to do a lot more than to think wether or not a trophy bear is fine for OoN lol
As an object of worship I suppose it would make sense, but not as a classical trophy.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

yeah it would depend how you would see it, that's why you could work around it in terms of rp.
you wouldn't despise the bear if you were OoN